• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sparks & Shocks - Electric Rodents Fanclub! ϟ

Years
Which shiny electric rodent is your favorite?

A tie between Pachirisu and Dedenne for me. I think the pink looks just as good as the usual blue in Pachirisu's case so yeah I do hope I can get my hands on a shiny one sometime. And the brown/yellow coloring really suits Dedenne, so yeah hoping I can get one of those as a shiny eventually and play around with it in Amie!

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
*skips in to drop my form*

Username: fantome ecrivain
Partner Rodent (choose one): Emolga <3
Answer the Topic: Which shiny electric rodent is your favorite?
Omg I can't choose between Minun and Pachirisu. The pink looks so natural on that EleSquirrel, whereas Minun is in a cool eccentric shade of green. Too much cuteness n___n

*skips away*

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Elesa's Emolgas were a pretty big pain; curse the Volt Switch, hah. So I can totally understand where you're coming from!

Anyways, topic time yaaaay. Which shiny electric rodent is your favorite?

172.gif
025.gif
026.gif
311.gif
312.gif
417.gif
587.gif
dedenne_shiny_sprite_by_vale98pm_by_vale98pm-d6tdqlh.png

(Dedenne looks like it's floating. Sorry 'denne, you don't have an official animated shiny sprite!)
It's tie between Pachirisu and minun for me.
Shiny Pachirisu is cuter than the normal Pachirisu imo. that pink color <3 and shiny minun bcuz of it's unique shade of green :p

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Shiny Pachirisu is just the cutest, that pink is lovely! I'd make a doubles team with a regular blue Pachirisu and shiny pink Pachirisu, they'd look adorable together. Actually, Valentine's coming in three weeks from now, sounds like the perfect occasion {XD}

Oh but I also like Dedenne's shiny colors, that brown and golden are very warm, and the black antennae with those white cheeks are kinda funny.

Also, the coral on Plusle and green on Minun are my ex-roommates favorite colors. We had pillows and all sorts of stuff in our room in those colors. Had you asked me this question a couple of years ago, I would've definitely said I loved them too, hehe.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023

Dedenne! Probably because I found a shiny quite some time ago, haha. But seriously, I like the color change! It's very different, fit for a shiny; also mentioning that it looks like an actual mouse, not just yellow like the others! Try sending a shiny electric rodent out in battle; it's a wonderful sight.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Shiny Minun; I just love its color. My second favorite is Pikachu, mostly since it's one of the very few electric-type shinies that I had ever gotten my hands on. xD

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Have you ever used Emolga or Pachirisu on your teams?
I tried to use both Emolga and Pachirisu, and I used Pachirisu the most because I like how it's depicted in the anime (hyper-activeness and all).

Shiny Pichu for me because it resembles Pikachu, and Shiny Plusle at the close second.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years

Personally, I'd have to say Pichu or Raichu. Something about Raichu's dark orange color brings me back to the old anime. Where Lt. Surge had his super orange Raichu, which was the normal color back then. Nostalgia, I guess.

Years
Pink Pachirisu is absolutely adorable. I'm a sucker for pink so I tried for a while to get him in Diamond but it was all for naught so hopefully I'll have better luck in X. Am a huge sucker for shiny Dedenne too, though, and this just makes it cuter:

tumblr_mvq20huaJW1qevpxqo1_400.gif

Aaaw!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Aw, the way it's making that smile is just… so precious. <3 Say, is this your Dedenne, Janna? Personally haven't been able to run into shiny Dedenne, but would be pretty cool if I could. Its color scheme might be sort of dark, but still nice. My friend had one, but she's given it away to someone else for a Chandelure. :( She's not a competitive battler as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure why she needed it.

Years
Aw, the way it's making that smile is just… so precious. <3 Say, is this your Dedenne, Janna? Personally haven't been able to run into shiny Dedenne, but would be pretty cool if I could. Its color scheme might be sort of dark, but still nice. My friend had one, but she's given it away to someone else for a Chandelure. :( She's not a competitive battler as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure why she needed it.

Just one I found on Tumblr. I'm crushed because I haven't been able to get one but with a static ability Pokemon in front of my party + shiny charm I have high hopes. Though personally I'd prefer to breed for the IVs and the like but a shiny is a shiny.. not complaining. ♥ Chocolate-y.

What do you guys think of having mega forms for the electric rodents? Worthwhile or strange? Perhaps unnecessary? Any in particular you'd give mega forms to?

Years
What do you guys think of having mega forms for the electric rodents?

I think it'd be kinda fun and interesting, remember Mawile? It was a weak single-stage Pokemon with no evolution but look what we got thanks to its Mega, a very strong physical attacker with good typing. In fact, I'd imagine how awesome a Mega Evolution for Raichu would look and it would be a great opportunity to patch up its subpar stats.

Years

I think it'd be kinda fun and interesting, remember Mawile? It was a weak single-stage Pokemon with no evolution but look what we got thanks to its Mega, a very strong physical attacker with good typing. In fact, I'd imagine how awesome a Mega Evolution for Raichu would look and it would be a great opportunity to patch up its subpar stats.

Definitely agreeing with you here. Mawile was one of the last Pokemon I expected to get mega forms but look at it now.. it's kickin' butt. Most if not all of our electric rodents suffer from bad stats, movesets, and other things so a mega could work wonders to alleviate that. I wouldn't mind seeing what designs they'd come up with!

Mega Raichu could be a force to be reckoned with.

Years
/breathes
Live, club! Live!

Anyways, hi guys. :) New topic! For those who have seen the show, what's your favorite anime episode with an electric rodent in it? This permits Pikachu but it has to be a Pikachu-centric episode if that's your choice.

I really liked the Pachirisu and Emolga captures. Given how cute they are I just couldn't stop staring half the time.. and they were both very mischievous so that made it all the more amusing.

Years
What's your favorite anime episode with an electric rodent in it?

I really loved the episode where Iris caught Emolga, it's pretty hilarious and those moments where Emolga uses Attract just shows how much of a cutie she is but she's also been a pretty good battler on Iris' team given Emolga was the only Pokemon used by Ash's Unova companions who never lost a single on-screen battle. The anime pretty much made me love the little flying squirrel even more I have to say.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I think it could work, if they give them enough boost in their stats. Statistically, they must equal to other mega Pokémon one way or another. If not, then people just might not use them. :(

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
What's your favorite anime episode with an electric rodent in it?

Warning: images in spoiler may be too cute to handle.
Spoiler:

So yeah, definitely those two episodes with Iris's Emolga. She's such a drama queen, but she's so cute, so she's forgiven. Do Emolga even learn Fake Tears, 'cause this one sure looks like she does, hehe. And speaking of, I love her constant fighting with Ash's Snivy. I had no idea she never lost a battle, but in all fairness, she did Volt Switch out of quite a few.

Also, I just realized I have ninja Pikachu and Dedenne in my sig. That was a cute episode, though the focus was not on those two. Oh, but there was a lovely episode with Bonnie's Dedenne and a Pichu in the XY saga.

Years
@Hikamaru and MIAU
You guys have fabulous taste. Naughty little Emolga had the absolute best personality and was one of my favorite main team party members to date. The Pichu and Dedenne episode in XY was great as well, good pick! Dedenne has been irresistibly cute so far in the series.

@Ashley
Yeah, their stats would have to soooar which would be a huge jump given their low base stat total in their normal forms. ):

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
@Hikamaru and MIAU
You guys have fabulous taste. Naughty little Emolga had the absolute best personality and was one of my favorite main team party members to date. The Pichu and Dedenne episode in XY was great as well, good pick! Dedenne has been irresistibly cute so far in the series.

@Ashley
Yeah, their stats would have to soooar which would be a huge jump given their low base stat total in their normal forms. ):

I agree, I love it when they take the time to focus on the Pokemon and give them their own personalities. Poor regional birds :(

And about mega evolving these cute little guys, they'll probably get a 100 points boost to their BST, like all the current mega forms have. So sadly, they won't be getting that much nearer to the top cats. But Mega Pachirisu would have a BST of 505, which would be higher than Mega Mawile's, and I've seen her around plenty of times. Sure, it's not just the stats, she's got Huge Power too, so I wonder what kind of ability would work for them? Of the newer abilities, Competitive comes to mind, since I think most electric rodents are special attackers (or mixed).

Years
I agree, I love it when they take the time to focus on the Pokemon and give them their own personalities. Poor regional birds :(

And about mega evolving these cute little guys, they'll probably get a 100 points boost to their BST, like all the current mega forms have. So sadly, they won't be getting that much nearer to the top cats. But Mega Pachirisu would have a BST of 505, which would be higher than Mega Mawile's, and I've seen her around plenty of times. Sure, it's not just the stats, she's got Huge Power too, so I wonder what kind of ability would work for them? Of the newer abilities, Competitive comes to mind, since I think most electric rodents are special attackers (or mixed).

Now you're making me curious about the abilites a possible mega rodent would have. 8O Pachirisu could really use a mega form since it's just atrocious to use in battle omg. Even though it has fairly decent defensive stats it can't really put those to much use given its movepool.

Would be quite down for mega Rai though, oooo. I'll keep saying it again and again because it's one of my dreams to see it.

Spoiler:

Back