• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
I was wondering, how can I change a pokemon's natural moveset? I'd prefer a method that doesn't involve HEX-editing if possible. I'm only asking because I just need to give one of the players starters (Abra) a move that can actually make training possible.

Edit: And yes, I have already searched. Here and on Google. The prior gave me nothing relevent and the latter gave me ARMax codes.

Last edited:

Macaveli

Pokemon Azure Version Hacker
Years
Sorry if it's a noob question but Does anyone know how to edit the end game credits?It'd make credited people a lot easier? Sorry if it's been asked but I can't find it.

Years
This is probably a stupid question but hey, I don't know these things very well.

How do you make it so that 2-3gen pokemon can evolve without the nat. dex

ex. in fr/lg i set one of the starters as a treeko and it wont evolve.

Can't you just change the script to get the National Dex right away?

Kenneth Alog

Infectus Raiken
Years
Spoiler:

1. Does Overworld Changer, change the size of the OW's? So can I make a Hero/Heroine as big as a Legendary Overworld?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
1. Does Overworld Changer, change the size of the OW's? So can I make a Hero/Heroine as big as a Legendary Overworld?

hm... well... :\
OWC -OverWorld Changer- 'ruins' your overworld which has movement sprites. :\

That tool's only great for OverWorlds which has no movement sprites, e.g. some legendary sprites in R/S...

your best bet is to rely on Darthatron(sp?)'s tutorial.

Years
Spoiler:

About DP offset... Yeah, But what do you want offset to? I mean I could just write 0x784A5 and give it to you any say i just made it up, but it's still a dp offset... Please tell me what you wanna edit... About the Overworld... I never used the tool but I'll gues you could do that...

Just find the text and edit that, it shouldn't be too hard.

Map Headers can be found around 0x94121 and the pointers are around 0x940ED, so you just need to change the pointer and direct it to the new location of the data, make sure it is in the correct bank also. Also make sure that bank has a lot of blank space.

Psss.... (Goto advance map and get the specifik pointier?)

I hope this post don't get delted since 3 of my post in this thread has... And they were all containing the right answers...???

*Poliwag*

PollyWaggle
Years
Does anyone know the offset for the intro script in FireRed? (with professor oak, gender choose etc.)
I am aware that you can edit what he says with a-text etc but i want to decompile the script and view the commands in the hope to remove the option of choosing a gender,
cheers!

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Does anyone know the offset for the intro script in FireRed? (with professor oak, gender choose etc.)
I am aware that you can edit what he says with a-text etc but i want to decompile the script and view the commands in the hope to remove the option of choosing a gender,
cheers!

I don't think you can actually have an offset for that script. You can edit what he says, but I don't think you can edit anything else (except for sprites). I don't think you can remove the option of choosing a gender.

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
Years
Map Headers can be found around 0x94121 and the pointers are around 0x940ED, so you just need to change the pointer and direct it to the new location of the data, make sure it is in the correct bank also. Also make sure that bank has a lot of blank space.

I am a little confused by definition what is a mapheader and a pointer.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I am a little confused by definition what is a mapheader and a pointer.
A pointer is a numerical reference to data or a piece of code. The game uses pointers to know where data is located.

If the offset ≥ 4000, then we can get its pointer by ((offset % 0x4000) + 0x4000). Say our offset is 0x034BB1:

0x034BB1 % 0x4000 = 0x0BB1
0x0BB1 + 0x4000 = 0x4BB1

In the game it's generally little‐endian: 0xB14B, but in documentation and the like I would recommend using normal big‐endian numbers.

Three‐byte pointers use the bank number as well. You get the byte number by rounding down to the nearest 0x4000 and dividing by 0x4000.

0x034BB1 → 0x034000
0x034000 ÷ 0x4000 = 0x0D

To calculate a pointer to a given offset, take the offset (say, 0x135276), modulus divide by 4000 (modulus division gives the remainder instead of the quotient, and is usually the "MOD" or "%" key on a calculator), add 0x4000, and switch bytes to get the two‐byte pointer. Then take the original offset and divide by 0x4000 to get your bank number, if needed.

Explanation of mapheaders

Last edited:
Years
Hmmm, good point. If it's not using the scripting engine, does anyone have any other ideas what engine it may be using of where the data can be found?

I'm not sure if it got one for itelf...Asm... So try DeAsseblem the intro, or reverse the offset to the text and seach trough the hex editor... Realy, I can't help you at this point...'

Years
Hmmm, good point. If it's not using the scripting engine, does anyone have any other ideas what engine it may be using of where the data can be found?
Well, it obviously doesn't use the scripting engine of the rom, and is created through ASM. I'd recommend you just make both the boy and girl option into two different characters. Like making both Boy/Girl, two different people of the same gender. It would be much easier than redoing the whole beginning of the intro.

*Poliwag*

PollyWaggle
Years
Well, it obviously doesn't use the scripting engine of the rom, and is created through ASM. I'd recommend you just make both the boy and girl option into two different characters. Like making both Boy/Girl, two different people of the same gender. It would be much easier than redoing the whole beginning of the intro.

So would the implications of finding the code through vba-sdl and removing the gender bit corrupt my rom and/or cause further problems along the way?

Years
So would the implications of finding the code through vba-sdl and removing the gender bit corrupt my rom and/or cause further problems along the way?
It wouldn't cause any problems later along the line, if you can get it to work in the first place. And finding it only takes about two minutes, it's actually rewriting over the ASM is the hard part. Even, here, I'll save you some time, here's a location that's part of the routine, 0x12f8c0. I didn't search too hard for the beginning of the routine, but its somewhere before that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back