• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Poliwag*

PollyWaggle
Years
It wouldn't cause any problems later along the line, if you can get it to work in the first place. And finding it only takes about two minutes, it's actually rewriting over the ASM is the hard part. Even, here, I'll save you some time, here's a location that's part of the routine, 0x12f8c0. I didn't search too hard for the beginning of the routine, but its somewhere before that point.

Wow thanks for the help! I'll check round that address and see what i can fiddle around with, even though i have no real clue about what i'm doing :/
thanks again

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Does anyone know the offsets for the flames in the titlescreen in Firered?
For APE...

Busted 101

Majestic but Crazed
Years
Where can i find the tilemap of Sevii island world map?

I know how to find the tileset.

But also how can I customize the title screen on pokemon fire red. Like changing the words and background and pokemon.

Plus in Advance Text I had a clean rom but it won't read some parts of the rom. And I've had it for awhile now. But now it's acting up
So then I downloaded a clean rom same site as before. And still it won't read some parts of that rom.

Last edited:
Years
Up until today, XSE has worked perfectly for me.

For some reason, I can't compile any script.
It looks as if it has compiled, but when I check the offset nothing has changed...

What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
What flag are you missing? If you say it, then we can tell you.
Well, actually I meant I cant find any thing that tells me what are the flags that are unused and how many flags,
I'm new to hacking and right now I'm just trying to learn about flags and offsets.

Last edited:
Years

What we need is a person who has no life who can valitre for Playing through Fire Red and write down what every singel Flag and Var does...

Well, actually I meant I cant find any thing that tells me what are the flags that are unused and how many flags,
I'm new to hacking and right now I'm just trying to learn about flags and offsets.
Well try go with 2++ to 2FF that would give you FF(256) then after 83+ to 870 but I'm not intirely sure about these... Best idea would be just to test...

What we need is a person who has no life who can valitre for Playing through Fire Red and write down what every singel Flag and Var does...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
Hi. Sorry if these questions have already been asked, except searching for some reason doesn't like my computer/my computer doesn't like search.
I have a few simple questions for now.
1.Some G/S/C Hacking tools always come up with the "Run Time Error 6, Overflow".
Is there any way I can fix it?
2.Where can I find a Hex Document/Tutorial for TOWN/WORLD Map editing in GSC, both editing the look of the map and the data (especially the Data).?
3.Does anyone know the offset for Pokedex editing in Gold/Silver/Crystal? Even better would be a tool.
4.Anyone know where i can find an agixp Tutorial?
5.How do i convert .TXT to .TPL (tile layer pro palette file)
6.If no one can Answer question one, I'd like to know where a working copy is of Pokemon Amplifier for G/S/C.
7.A Tutorial for s_ed (Music Editor in G/S/C)

I Could Spend An hour looking through google for each one of these tools, or i Could see if anyone here knows, so i chose option 2 first. Most Tools/tutorials here are for 3rd Gen anyway, and i'm a 2nd Gen N00b Hacker. :)
Thankyou!

PS:I dont want to use HFD *Shivers at thought*

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Where can I find a Hex Document/Tutorial for TOWN/WORLD Map editing in GSC, both editing the look of the map and the data (especially the Data).?
The offset of Johto's map is 091F52 (G/S) or 091FFF (C), and Kanto's is 0920BB (G/S) or 092168 (C). Each byte represents one tile, and the order goes left→right ⇒ top→bottom. Note that the first two rows of the map are obscured in the Pokedex view, and the top three rows are covered in the Pokegear.

I don't know the coordinate data offhand.
Some G/S/C Hacking tools always come up with the "Run Time Error 6, Overflow".
Is there any way I can fix it?
If you don't have the source code to the programs, probably not.
Does anyone know the offset for Pokedex editing in Gold/Silver/Crystal?
1A0000
Anyone know where i can find an agixp Tutorial?
Blazichu had one in the docs/tutorials section.
How do i convert .TXT to .TPL (tile layer pro palette file)
Rename the file.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Dont know if this was asked before but...
Is there a way to create extra pokedex data for pokemon added on the free spaces on Fire Red?

OutOfOrder

Saving you from yourself...
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2008
how do you edit the shiny forms of all the pokemon in emerald?

i found the pokemon sprites using unLZ- GBA program. They are located at #1037

the front sprites are all normal types, but the back sprites are shiny.

also, how do you make new trainers with trainer editor program?

thanks!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
If you don't have the source code to the programs, probably not.
Darn It! How do i get the source code for pokemon amplifier?

The offset of Johto's map is 091F52, and Kanto's is 0920BB. Each byte represents one tile, and the order goes left-right -> top-bottom. Note that the first two rows of the map are obscured in the Pokedex view, and the top three rows are covered in the Pokegear.
Now that i think about it, i'd rather just use HFD r wait for another tool for tile editing....

I don't know the coordinate data offhand

Shame. Anyone else know?

THankyou! :)

Blazichu had one in the docs/tutorials section.
Link PLease? I remember on a to[ic called "Blazichu's tutorials" there was a broken link to an agix tutorial, do you mean that one?

Rename the file.
Nope, doesn't work, it stays a TXT document and TLP does not open it

Anyway, thankyou for your help! :) If anybody can answer anymore of my questions, Please!

Last edited:

*Poliwag*

PollyWaggle
Years
I have a question that has been asked before, but never properly answered. How do you change the default rival names on FireRed? It definitely NOT a-text, i know that much.

thanks

*EDIT*

Well it seems I have found out the answer myself XD. Just use a hex editor and a table file, the offset is 0x1C574F for anyone else who may want to know.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2008
Hey all. I have a couple of questions about hacking Emerald.

1. Has anybody made an ability/trait hacking tool in the same way that A-Tack works? Being able to make a hail version of sandstorm (alá D/P) or a -Special Attack version of Intimidate would be cool!

2. I've used the TM Editor and it successfully changes all the TM's I want (no errors), but does absolutely nothing ingame. The text and move remains the same. The funny thing is that other tools like YAPE can detect the changes...

Thanks!

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
Years
Okay, I don't think this is the right thread to post in about this, but I can't find anywhere else. Sorry if I sound like too much of a noob (XD) but I've never hacked a ROM before, and I really want to learn. I can probably teach myself (through tutorials, just figuring things out, etc) once I know the basics, but can anyone tell me how I can get started? I honestly have no idea, and the tutorials seem like they're geared to people who already know what they're doing.

I just need to know what programs to use, how to actually do the hacking, because the scripting I can most likely learn myself.

Thanks. Again, sorry for being a noob. :P

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
another questions.
1- Anyone know how to create new maps on the game, using the free space on the game?
Or where to get a good tutorial on this topic?
2- What are the UnzL numbers for Kanto and Sevii isles(all) Tile sets and Tilemaps. I need them to edit the maps of my region.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back