• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2018
Hello everyone.

I've been ending up in these forums a lot after googling for help, tutorials, etc. so I decided to finally join.

I have experience with RPG Maker XP and I want to learn how to make a Pokémon Game with Essentials and this seems like the right place.

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hiya Lensho xD! The Rom Hackers here are growing by the thousands honestly. It's pretty scary actually ._. You can check the Emulation Section for your ROM Hacking, it will help, I promise :D. I'm Rainbow by the way, have no idea how to do ROM Hacking so you're better off asking someone else xD.

Yep our community is really helpful, filled with tutorials and all the good things. May I suggest you head to the PC Adoption Center? It'll certainly help you... but remember the mentors aren't there to help with your game.

It's nice to meet you too Lensho :3! Have fun here!

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2018
Hi Rainbow. Yeah, that's what I like about PC, it's huge and very active. And ok, I'll check the Adoption center.

Years
Hi there, LenSho, welcome to the forum! :3

Yeah, PC is rather popular with hacks and fan-made games, so it's no surprise you ended up here when searching aha. A lot of people find out about this place from searching for these things, actually; I was one of those people a few years back! n_n

Glad to see you've explored the Game Development section already, though. Just make sure to read the rules there and you'll be good to go. Out of curiosity, are you currently in the middle of a game project?

But anyway, you definitely sound like a pretty fun person, so stick around, all right? You'll definitely enjoy your stay here - we're a mature and friendly community, I can guarantee you that. <3 Have fun and feel free to contact me if you need any help!

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2018
Hi Cirno. Actually I forgot to read the rules, I'm used to post in other forums, (KCMM) shouldn't be that different but I guess I should just in case.

About my project, I just finished a generic RPG with RPG Maker XP and now I'm ready to make something better. I wanted to make a game featuring Mario, Link, Samus, Sonic and other Nintendo characters and most of their villains but when I started choosing what Pokémon to include I ended up with a long list. Also the enemies didn't make much sense in a turn-based battle, like Dr. Eggman. So, Pokémon took over my whole plans and I decided it would be more convenient to just make a Pokémon game. The same sorta happened with my RPG, all the enemies are Wild Pokémon, only the Bosses are different xD

For now I'm learning what I can do with the Pokémon Essentials Kit before deciding what will my game be like. I only have vague ideas.

And ok, I'll try to stick around and meet people here =)

Years
Hello everyone.

I've been ending up in these forums a lot after googling for help, tutorials, etc. so I decided to finally join.

I have experience with RPG Maker XP and I want to learn how to make a Pokémon Game with Essentials and this seems like the right place.

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Hi LenSho, just thought I'd pop by.

I was going to show you around, but I guess everyone's got you covered so I'll keep it to a short intro.

Remember to contact a moderator if you need help, cos that's what they're there for.

Have a fun time with your game project!

- Hikari10

Back