• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 30, 2013

Download different ROM and patch anew.

Try to remove them with Advanced Map.

Continue? Does he block you or something?
what is advanced map? could you please point me in the location to download it? I take it I need a computer to use this? or is there an android app to do it with?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Thank you for responding, and I guess that's fine with me.

Now one more question...(Only because it is one of my favorite pokemon)

Is there any way to obtain Leafeon or is it one of the pokemon that cannot be obtained?

(Oh, thought of another one.)

Also, is this the final version, or could there be revisions later? I noticed that a few of the pokedex entries are incorrect for me.

Sandile appears as Slakoth. (The entry, not pic, same goes with the rest.)
Scraggy appears as Makuhita. (Sorry, I probably spelled it wrong.)
Zorua has Paras's description.
Drilbur appears as HootHoot.

That's all I've noticed so far.

I'm aware of this, and other people were working on other bugs last I heard. If ever there are more significant updates, I'll include a fix for this. Otherwise, no. Not a big deal.

EDIT #2: Another thing I've noticed is that the first time you enter Mt.Winder, it says it is called Mt. Winter.
Also, if you haven't realized, I will most likely be doing this until I beat the game, so if you do not like me posting error so often, just tell me.
It should be Mt. Winter. I changed that, because I assumed 'Winder' was a typo. Anywhere it says Winder is in error.

Level to Lv. 40. Might drop a few levels when you evolve him.

Also, small thing, when you are about to dive on victory road, it has the text in the original language. (Portuguese or Spanish?) It's only when you don't have dive on a pokemon, when you do, it's fine.

I think I fixed the level-dropping in the final update?

Good catch. That's probably buried in some system text. If you could provide the portuguese text I can probably find it and fix it.

(I just read that you may have had an old version, but that's probably something I just missed).

That is the final version. Although you were seeing the message of Professor Jasmine as Portugese , believe me the rest of the game is English translated

This is incorrect information. Jasmine's message is in English. If it isn't, you have patched the game incorrectly or are using the wrong rom. PATCH THE GAME WITH A RUBY 1.0 ROM. YOU WILL HAVE TO SEARCH FOR IT SPECIFICALLY.

I'm still playing this to the end, but this game has HORRIBLE reviews.

It's not a great game, honestly. But it's pretty and complete and fairly bug-free, and people like that.

Alright, I think it was that I didn't patch right..Just not sure if I copy the .gba into the .isp aswell, or just everything before .gba but I'm going to try with it all first

[EDIT] Meinfoo still showed up with Natu's pokedex entry, trying this time without the .gba in the translation file

That's probably just something I didn't change. Don't expect pokedex entries to be a good metric of whether it patched right or not.

I wonder if someone officially took over this hack to fix the bugs? Because I could post some. Like this one:
h,ttp://s14.postimg.org/zdij596lt/dghry_87.png
(without comma, sorry I can't post pictures because I still don't have 15 posts yet)
This one is Inhore City Pokemon Center.
Pokemon/Item Storage computers multiply if you try to activate them from right side of the table. I don't know if that happens in other pokemon centers too.
Edit: Also a Venipede, uhhh, gives way too much experience than it should have been (to my conversation) when you defeat them. I'm not sure if it's considered a bug. A level 18 Venipede gives more experience than a level 28 Tentacool. Speaking of Tentacools...

While at it, I wanted to make some criticisms as well. I actually find it funny how player could get their hands on Ultra Balls and a Good Rod so early in game :d That must be original maker's own style, most probably he was sick of not being able to use the higher tier items at the beginning of the game. But encountering level 28 tentacools so early in game is so unbalanced inmho. He knocked my 2 electric pokemon out before going down, lmao. Just telling my own opinions though.
Also about, locked House in Inhore City. What's about it? When will it unlock? What is inside?

Edit 2: There's a young trainer on the east side of the Nyan point. He's just the first trainer to battle after you've crossed the bridge through west. He has a typo.

I'm still alive. CycloneGU and Ash493 are, to my knowledge, working on fixing bugs. I'll toss a few fixes of my own and release it whenever they're done, but there shouldn't be many bugs present, aside from odd flag behaviour in the second region. Don't know about the PC thing. Venipede glitch was originally a glitch but got left in as an easter egg, it was something that gave the game character. I don't think the house unlocks. What's the typo?

It is explicitly AGAINST the rules to post links to ROM files. If you want to play Pokemon Light Platinum, read the FAQ in Ash493's signature. The ROM type Light Platinum requires is a Pokemon Ruby 1.0 AXVE ROM. Just google for it. The IPS file for the English version is in the OP and Snakebyte's signature.

<3

It's fine, sorry for asking, I know it's been asked plenty before. It's all okay now, I downloaded the .GBA file from the main website, my only question is, is that .GBA file the most up to date version of light platinum? It seems to have a slight bit of foreign language in it too, even though its like 99% in English.

There shouldn't be any. Patch it with the correct ROM.

Yeah, that's a bug that has already been noted. I don't see why someone would abuse it though since there are so many trainers and they give out so much money that money doesn't become a issue. I had about 300K money by the end of the Lauren League . I'm sure the problem can be fixed though. Also, something I noticed is that after beating the Lauren League and going back to Carmin Town, the flag for getting the 5th generation starters reset, which allowed me to get all 3 of the starters. Not gonna complain though since it was pretty awesome .

Pretty much this. Flag resetting is a repeating problem due to how Wesley coded the game, I don't know what causes it and I think I'd have to recode everything from scratch to remove it completely. I got most of Zhery working properly, I'm not concerned about glitches that reward you. Freebies are nice, right? :D

Actually all other starters should be unflagged after Lauren league as well, lol. I mean you deserve it by that point, right? I wish it could be like that

Edit: Another bug detected. The sailor who sit on the bench next to pokemon center in Seanport City. He gave me water stone twice. Second time was after when I defeated Steam leaders and came back. Edit; this event just occurs countinuously, also bug catcher from the same city happens to give bright powder all the time as well.

Edit 2: In Seanport, there's a guy standing next to gym and he has a typo.

Edit 3: There's a Shinx in Seanport next to Pokemart and he heals your party. Jeez, too many bugs!

Don't complain about free stuff :P

WHAT TYPO? D:

Magic healing fairy Shinx is semi-intentional. Don't worry about it.

Found a couple bugs:

-Small one where when you fly onto the bridge right before Lendyn Town you are still flying until you enter and exit a building. Harmless though.
-Serious bug which sent me all the way back to Skyner City even though I had last healed at Kosaka City and made me redo many small events (But not rebattle trainers). After I completed the Sky Tower and tried to exit, I got stuck between the door and the guard who had magically reappeared. I didn't have Fly with me and my last save was in the tower so I had to purposely white out to get sent back to Skyner.

EDIT: This bug has effectively ended my game. When I try to talk to Lucy/enter the gym, no one is there and it says "I should find Lucy." But the guard is still in front of the Sky Tower.

After Googling, looks like it isn't the first time this bug has happened. It's game over. HUGE buzzkill, but props nonetheless. It was incredibly fun up to that point.

That kind of flying is just a resprite of biking. You can do it wherever you want, and un-mount by using the item again.

Never heard of that glitch before, it's probably a flag problem. If I do a future release I'll look into it if Cyclone doesn't.

Yeah, it almost seems like nobody worked on these matters at all. The game is still full of bugs. I've spent so much time and effort on this game and now I am afraid of getting stuck at the same place as that guy after all this time. This is wrong. Someone has to take this fixing duty, and do it seriously.

Elekid evolved into Electabuzz at 30. I want to know what level Electabuzz will evolve into Electivire, if he ever evolves into.
I don't mind his level reduction unless his stats decrease. Actually level reduction would help me train pokemon above their caps.

How about you do the work yourself instead of complaining about it? I think I'm the one who spent 'so much time and effort' here, not you.

Electivire evolves at level 40, off the top of my head.

Pokemon Light Platinum actually has a post-game. After beating the Zhery League, you can start the Lauren League(basically a whole new region). After that is the World Championship and there is also catching all the legendary pokemon(guide here :http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/legendary-pokeacutemon.html). Light Platinum is too advanced to be made in something like Pokemon Emerald or Fire Red. It would take a lot of effort and time, and wouldn't really be worth the trouble.

You can obtain elekid(the baby evolution of electrivire) on the side of the Professor's laboratory. I know that electabuzz evolves into electrivire at level 40. When it evolves, the resulting elevtrivire will be at level 37. I don't think its stats go down though. Look at this video here(skip to about 8:40) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLRVwmFWdRM&list=PL89A831B6561100AA&index=20

Also, for anyone looking for good walkthroughs of the game look here :
Tyranee's Let's Play : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA8C8D6B638861B3C
MunchingOrange's Let's Play : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL89A831B6561100AA
PokeCinema's Let's Play : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkzlVxz4e30bk7l8oPfwbjSjK_h_YbU8x
TheWileChase's Let's Play : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8B7424AEC87502D7

All of these Let's Play go through the entire game, including the Lauren Region(except for PokeCinema, he has only started the Lauren Region). TheWileChase's also shows the World Championship and MunchingOrange's shows how to get all the legendary pokemon(except he missed a couple, use the link above for a written guide on the legendaries).

Jfc, I didn't even know about the last two. Also, >this guy< posted in the thread earlier, and >this guy< messaged me on Youtube. Can't speak to their quality, but hey! Have some free publicity.

I really do think I fixed the electivire deleveling glitch in my last update, however.

Cyclone: I still check this place one in a while, and I'd still like you to send me your version whenever you're done with it so I can toss on a bit of polish myself before release.

Also, the publicity this game is getting is just insane. The mediafire mirror of my final update alone has over 40,000 downloads.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
Add multiplayer trade union and multiplayer battle stuff in pokemon centre plz as multiplayer is now possible over bluetooth and wifi in many devices

My boy! Emulator can link 2 hacks .. even linking with your own game is possible... light platinum do not have the 1 st floor where we can link...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
Thats amazing and with the new Desmume release (fairly new) this game will probably run fast!!

PeskyJoltik

EPICLY HAPPY
Years
Hey there Wesley! I'm a big fan of your Pokemon Light Platinum GBA. I've been playing this game for like 4 days and i'm enjoying it, but there are some glitches and problems that irritates me. But the I still play this epic game of yours. Well i hope you fix this glitches and problems like the bridge disappearances in the last gym. After i defeated the Gym Leader the bridge disappeared and i cant go out, I can't use lava surf,fly escape rope and some other stuff, I tried searching this problem but there's no luck. And please update the game! Thank you and i hope you fix this problem on the next update and one more thing, keep up the good work!

I give you TEN GOLD STARS!

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
I don't even know if it is worth talking about this, since this game is already so hyped, but... there's always this thing that really upsets me about the game.

First, a good point: The pokemons are plentiful, and knowing that there's sometimes someone in the city ready to give you a pokemon to train makes me want to speak with every NPC, which is pretty good, considering someone could just walk away.

But that brings me to the big problem.

All the NPCs are incredibly boring. The main story is there, but the immersion is broken when you star speaking with the other characters not relevant to the story. They have no interesting dialog, what-so-ever. When I arrive to a new town I groan to think that I'll have to talk to every one and knowing that NO ONE has anything to say. I'm not asking for everyone to have a complex story, but ****, how about at least one or two people talking bout the city? Maybe talking about the region, or a pokemon they really like? It's useless chatter, yeah, but more interesting than a guy telling me to use Paralyze Heal when I'm almost at the end game.

But yes, that's my big complaint about the game. If this game is still in development, please try to fix this. If it's lack of ideas, I'm sure the community wouldn't mind giving some text for the NPCs to say. :)

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Hey, I have a copy of this hack, but someone, I forgot their name, said that there was a more up-to-date version of this hack. Not the NDS version, but the GBA version, with map fixes.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
So I can't seem to get the game to work.
(Before you ask-- Yes, my VBA is Flash 128k.)

So I download and use LIPS on the Light Platinum patch and the Ruby ROM from CoolRoms, which gave me the white screen, tried various options to see if I could get it to work, nothing.

So then I downloaded "0907 Ruby 1.0 (U)", and when I opened the GBA file (before patching the IPS file to it), it was Light Platinum, but it wasn't English. When I patched the English Light Platinum to it, it was still in a different language.

Soo... Am I doing something wrong?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
O.o Excellent game, I think the best complete hack I've ever played!
It's amazing seeing that after 5 years, there's people that already plays this.
Incredibly nice work!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
In central city when prof. oak gave me the johto starters, I accidentally said no to chikorita and cyndaquil cause i thought you could only have one. Is there any way I can get them?

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
In central city when prof. oak gave me the johto starters, I accidentally said no to chikorita and cyndaquil cause i thought you could only have one. Is there any way I can get them?
Don't worry when you go to lauren region the glitches start.so due to that you can get starters more than once.
Wesley is still working om fixing them.
Till that time....enjoy

Back