• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
ok I am going to wait until the next release to come out or something because its way glitchy for me to play right now. Sorry.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
This hack is sweet but it resets on me after the town that's after the gym in the forest. When I go south on the bridge it freezes and resets.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Diegoisawesome, that newly updated 2.14 still has bugs in it. So, I am sure everyone is using that one too.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Really? I didn't see any officers...Also, where does the hack end? Sorry for the questions.
Lol. I just downloaded my own IPS file - seems that I accidentally deleted them.
Download the new version. And the beta ends at Klindor.
You can use your current save file with the new version, as I didn't edit anything drastic.

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
Awesome, a group! I hope this means another release will be coming soon. I need more games to play other than Brown and Diamond xD.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Wow!!! I tried this and, MIKACHU is practically unstoppable!!

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
no one's even noticing my error report on the fact once your 3rd Pokemon gets to level 20 the game freezes and goes black

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2010
The only mildly challenging pokemon in this game is the gym leader's murkrow, which is still weak to mikachu's typing. I understand the game is only up to the first 2 gyms, but a little more of a challenge would be nice. There is basically only 2 trainers in the game that have pokemon which are not weak to mikachu, which is a teleporting abra and a vulix.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ok, I like :) Except I found some errors (see attachment).

1. Tile the sprite is facing cannot be stepped onto.
2. Typo in the Woman's text.
3. Scripting error, should be \p not /p

Also why is Diego the first default Rival name? Its very confusing when you pick that and the NPCs talk about two Diegos :\ Perhaps a different name could be put there :P

Hopefully the red-screen man can be fixed up soon as I have an obsession of battling every trainer :\!

Overall good! Like the tileset, the scripting seems very good and I quite like Mikachu :3 (even if its slightly overpowered ;)). I'm not far in but I will report anything else I find, thanks for the fun!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Some more things...

Script Errors:
The Man who gives you running shoes will repeatedly give you them.
The man Lying in your way on route 7 faces the player, and he probably shouldnt.

Typo:
Prof.'s Aide on Route 2 (in one of the housey things) says Gaught instead of Caught. Also the grammar in that sentence is a bit weird, perhaps take out the 'for'.

Underground Pathway:
Please please please change this somehow. Having a cave that anyone can wonder into (and I could see perfectly clear without flash after going down the ladder, is that right?) a cave with lv 16+ pokemon. Especially not 16+ pokemon which have a massive advantage on you. Perhaps a warning of extremely strong digletts or something... a general blockage would be my personal favourite ><.

~Edit I have realised there is actually a 'Cut' tree out of place there, and if its properly placed the cave cannot be entered!

General:
The first Vantrek Gym Leaders pokemon are lv 5 and 6. Personally I think the Gym Leaders pokemon should be significantly better than the normal trainers in his Gym. Since one has a lv 7 (an Electrike I think?) perhaps the Gym Leader could be boosted to lvs 8-10.

Another reason I ask for this is because a trainer on route 2 technically has more levels with a lv 5 Nido and lv 7 Murkrow :). Perhaps a rejig of trainer's pokemon? (Although I appriciate thats a lot of work).

Not sure if its an Error error:
The woman between town and Route 2 mentions Golden Pokemon centres - is this yet to be implimented?

Ok I'm done :D Further great Mapping on Route 2 / Salen town :), and I love that I could catch a Skitty nice and early :3

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Some more things...

Script Errors:
The Man who gives you running shoes will repeatedly give you them.
A simple matter of changing 0x10 to 0xA. Fixed.

Code:
The man Lying in your way on route 7 faces the player, and he probably shouldnt.
Put a block to the side of him. Fixed.

Code:
Typo:
Prof.'s Aide on Route 2 (in one of the housey things) says Gaught instead of Caught. Also the grammar in that sentence is a bit weird, perhaps take out the 'for'.
Fixed.

Code:
Underground Pathway:
Please please please change this somehow. Having a cave that anyone can wonder into (and I could see perfectly clear without flash after going down the ladder, is that right?) a cave with lv 16+ pokemon. Especially not 16+ pokemon which have a massive advantage on you. Perhaps a warning of extremely strong digletts or something... a general blockage would be my personal favourite ><. 

~Edit I have realised there is actually a 'Cut' tree out of place there, and if its properly placed the cave cannot be entered!
I have no idea why the heck I moved it; I never even meant to beta test it. Fixed.

Code:
General:
The first Vantrek Gym Leaders pokemon are lv 5 and 6. Personally I think the Gym Leaders pokemon should be significantly better than the normal trainers in his Gym. Since one has a lv 7 (an Electrike I think?) perhaps the Gym Leader could be boosted to lvs 8-10.
Levels changed by 3.

Code:
Another reason I ask for this is because a trainer on route 2 technically has more levels with a lv 5 Nido and lv 7 Murkrow :). Perhaps a rejig of trainer's pokemon? (Although I appriciate thats a lot of work).
With the above change, that should be fixed.

Code:
Not sure if its an Error error:
The woman between town and Route 2 mentions Golden Pokemon centres - is this yet to be implimented?
Ah, nostalgia. The golden Pokémon Centers (and that text, respectively) were one of the first edited thing in Shining Opal. Reworded to the effect of a confused woman. :P

Code:
Ok I'm done :D Further great Mapping on Route 2 / Salen town :), and I love that I could catch a Skitty nice and early :3
Thanks for the compliment! :)
The reason that you can catch Skitty and Pokémon like it is because I wanted a mix of different "first" Pokémon from other regions.

Download the new Beta 2.16 for more fixes!

diegoisawesome ;)

Back