• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - August 2009

Hack of the Month

• Pokémon Azure Horizons

Votes: 67 34.2%
  • Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

Votes: 108 55.1%
  • Pokémon DarkBlue Version

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hack of the Month Voting - August 2009

h2-hotm.png

Introduction

You have until the first of September to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Rules

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Azure Horizons, you know why? It's probably the second best hack I've played all year. And that is only second to the awesomeness of the new Liquid Ocean. But seriously, where do I start on why I voted for Azure Horizons. At the moment on pokécommunity it is the best hack with an active thread. Let's break it down shall we? The mapping, it is so precise to the style of nintendo and it even improves on it. The mapping is pure playability and of course, it is fantastic and wonderful. The tiles are a great mix of the advance generation styles, also with other custom tiles in further parts of the game. Such as the snowy region and the sewers, these may not have been in the beta but still look fantastic nonetheless. The sprites, oh it really seems that FrostBite can sprite. You only really need to start the game to see that. The overworld sprite of the male is just flawless and oh so wonderful, it's sublime. There are other fantastic sprites too, and not just the overworlds. The sprites of the gym leaders are amazingly done and really well put together too. They are a very nice concept and again just flawless. Again, there is the backsprite of the hero, which again is flawless. It's hard to find another word to describe this amazing hack. The scripting, the scripting takes this hack into a class of its own. If you thought everything else was good, you were wrong this just shows how good this hack is. The scripting of this hack is just wonderfully executed and is just so flawless. I know this hack probably won't win hack of the month, mostly for the fact that most people are a sucker for the amazing graphics. But please, help this hack win it is too good not to win hack of the month. Maybe even hack of the year, who knows. Already, this hack has my vote for the yearly competition.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I voted for Dark Cry because of the awesome tiles, the new Pokemon, and that red moon background.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2009
i voted for azure horizons cause it rules and i like the storyline great hack frostbite

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I vote for Azure Horizons because I know that Frostbite works hard on it and I like the nintendo-style mapping.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Azure Horizons collects my vote as well.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
Kay, I played Pokémon Azure Horizons and Pokémon DarkBlue. My vote goes to Azure Horizons, it's one of the best I've played so far aside from Liquid Ocean~ The maps are really pretty and are not too complex like some I've seen in other hacks and from the Map Rating thread. The scripting is really good too, along with the choice of music (personally, R/S/E music is my favourite out of the current four generations). I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up as a candidate for Hack of the Year '09!
*me votes*

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Azure Horizons, you know why? It's probably the second best hack I've played all year. And that is only second to the awesomeness of the new Liquid Ocean. But seriously, where do I start on why I voted for Azure Horizons. At the moment on pokécommunity it is the best hack with an active thread. Let's break it down shall we? The mapping, it is so precise to the style of nintendo and it even improves on it. The mapping is pure playability and of course, it is fantastic and wonderful. The tiles are a great mix of the advance generation styles, also with other custom tiles in further parts of the game. Such as the snowy region and the sewers, these may not have been in the beta but still look fantastic nonetheless. The sprites, oh it really seems that FrostBite can sprite. You only really need to start the game to see that. The overworld sprite of the male is just flawless and oh so wonderful, it's sublime. There are other fantastic sprites too, and not just the overworlds. The sprites of the gym leaders are amazingly done and really well put together too. They are a very nice concept and again just flawless. Again, there is the backsprite of the hero, which again is flawless. It's hard to find another word to describe this amazing hack. The scripting, the scripting takes this hack into a class of its own. If you thought everything else was good, you were wrong this just shows how good this hack is. The scripting of this hack is just wonderfully executed and is just so flawless. I know this hack probably won't win hack of the month, mostly for the fact that most people are a sucker for the amazing graphics. But please, help this hack win it is too good not to win hack of the month. Maybe even hack of the year, who knows. Already, this hack has my vote for the yearly competition.

So tl;dr xD

Azure Horizons defiantly gets my vote, it really deceives to win, because of what Alice said.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
So tl;dr xD

Azure Horizons defiantly gets my vote, it really deceives to win, because of what Alice said.

Deceives should change to deserves...

I Vote For Azure Horizons...
I've Played Darkblue and Azure Horizons...
And Had A More enjoyable experience playing AH...
Frostbite has really worked hard on this and deserves the award...

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Looks like Azure Horizons is going to take it out this month and I'm glad because its been under appreciated a long time (not so much now). BUTTTTT I don't think it deserves to win this month. This month my vote goes to Dark Cry for the same reasons I attempted to vote for Iris last month.

Dark Cry is a beautiful hack but its not for me. As the saying goes "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I don't think we should ignore everything mitchel1 has achieved (which imo is more than Frostbite with Azure Horizons) just because its not our type of hack. So yeah... double checks vote... *votes*

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
My vote goes to Azure Horizons like on the previous month.
It has the kind of 'Nintendo feel' that I really like.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Pokémon Dark Cry and Pokémon DarkBlue Version is one of those unplayed hacks or even got a chance to look at it. I do know that Pokémon Azure Horizons may deserve it for the month.

Oh wait, I heard of Pokémon Dark Cry before. Screenshots confuses me.

*Pending*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back