• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Crimson

Gardevior Breeder
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Orchid

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack:

Finished percentage: 1%

Your hacking skills: Poor / Novice

What help or skill you're looking for: Any (namely script wiriters and map editors.)

Additional contact information: [email protected] (use the subject: Pokemon Orchid) // YIM: kristyntoliver // PM me as well

Hope to hear from you soon~

Last edited:

xadamxzzz

Pokemon Thunderstone Owner
Years
Hack name:Pokemon Sandstorm

Hack of:Fire red

Finished percentage: 5 or 6 without scriptes

Your hacking skills:Mapping,spriting, a bit of scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: Mapping, scripting and storyline designinig

Additional contact information: PM me if your interested or writhe on the thread

Additional information:none

DarknessSneasel

Master of Dark
Years
Hack name: Pok'emon seeds of death and wisdom (subject to change)

Hack of: Ruby

Additional information about the hack: Ask me in pm if you want to know about the plot

Finished percentage: N/A

Your hacking skills: basic mapping skills

What help or skill you're looking for: Sprite Scripter and pretty much everything else

Additional contact information: Pm me

Additional information: N/A

Last edited:

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
Hack name: Dark Shadows

Hack of:Firered

Additional information about the hack:New reigion, storyline and new gym leaders
to view plot click on the hack banner in my singnature.

Finished percentage:10% with scripts

Your hacking skills:Scripting, Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriter and OW spriter

Additional contact information:

Additional information: PM me if you wish to help me. Thank you

Last edited:

Chimchar007

Creator of Uninstall.
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Adamant

Hack of: Pokemon Sapphire

Finished percentage: 5% maybe 0.5%

Your hacking skills: Pretty decent.

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, Mapping, and Hero and Heroin sprites.

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: Mostly scripting! PM if you'll like to help.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

videoman

I'm no hero. And never was.
Years
Pokemon: Angels of Light and Chaos

Hack name: Pokemon: Angels of Light and Chaos

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald

Additional information about the hack: Based in the Asgard Region. Will contain: New Towns and City's and Routes. Also new Events and (hopefully) Cut Scenes.

Finished percentage:

Almost 5%

Your hacking skills: Can use Advance Maps (can use it quite well) and other popular applications for Pokemon ROM Hacking. A moderate scripter and Tile set maker and a also good imagination for story line.

What help or skill you're looking for:
Expert in map maker
Scripter (For both Basic and or Advanced)
Advanced Tile Creator
Pokemon Sprite Editor (not for making new ones though)
Human Sprite Creator/Editor
A Member for adding and editing Text
Title Screen Editor and Intro Modifier
Possibly a Hex Editor

[email protected]
and at Youtube
Username: Flamm1ngDem0n

Additional information:
Private Message me (at Youtube) or Email me

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
Hack name: Pokemon: Citrus orange

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Will take place in the Orange Islands. Face the Indigo Plateau. (Will make a water route to get there!) then Journey in the Johto Region! (wont include kanto though :() afterwards i will include the Mt. Silver battle but it will be gary (im too lazy to change the hero from Red)Finished percentage:
Almost 0-1%

Your hacking skills: Fairly ok mapper. Decent Scripter but nothing in tile insertion and whatever

Pro Mapper
Advanced Scripter
Title screen editor
Person Sprite editor
and Most of all
World map editor!!!!!

Just Visitors Message or PM

Additional information:
Visitors Message or Pm me if interested

anyone who helps will receive 100% credit for what they did in this
EX: All Credit goes to [name] for the Scripting!

Last edited:

ForTheLulz

is for the lulz.
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2010
Hack name: Pokemon Equilibrium

Hack of: Most likely Fire Red

I plan to put about 150 Fakemon, kinda like Pokemon Quartz, but better. Seriously better.

Finished percentage: 1-2%, starting with the map already

Your hacking skills: OK Mapper, Storyline Editor, Pokemon data editing (just need a working app for it)

Somebody who can help me refine the storyline
Spriting (Overworlds and Fakemons)
Scripting (Above average scripters; I'll specify what the scripts should do)
*not really necessary, but music inserting would be nice

Additional contact information: Just PM me with some proof of your work. If I approve, then I'd give out my e-mail ad.

Additional information: I plan to learn all the skills as I go along with the hack, so it would help if you could teach me along the way :D And I'd really like it if you can make suggestions as we go through the hack; it's as much as your hack as it is mine.

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
Hack name:
Pokemon World (TBC)

Hack of:
Pokemon Leaf Green

This hack has spawn from my hatred of linear games. I hate how you have to follow a single storyline or a single route to get to the end. Yes, in pokemon you can variate from the goal here and there but in the end its one long line.

In this hack, there will be one huge map - a world of pokemon. Instead of unlocking the next area, or going route after route, the whole map is one big grid with each side accessible. You are able to go from one end to the other without any badges, give or take, and the level of the pokemon will raise the closer you get to the edges, and the further you go in certain puzzle-like areas.

I am hoping to have several story lines you can progress on each at once. Somewhat like a quest system for each badge. Obviously some villains, a rival, maybe some family conflict in there somewhere. Still a lot to decide.

The map will have several locations that have each their own story. Volcano, caves, lakes, forests, brickworks, power plant, windmill, graveyard, dojo, etc.

Finished percentage:
1% - Map, concept, basis.

Your hacking skills:
Professional spriter
Novice scripter

Storyline(s) writers
Able scripters
Map creators
Tile/pallet insertion - skilled or higher
Puzzle lovers/creators
Professional spriters if you think you can keep up ;)

Email: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
irc - server: irc.toribash.com:6667 #monobi

Additional information:
Also looking for a team, so if you wish to recruit me and adopt my idea, that would be perfect.
Also have the very stupid idea of making this multiplayer. That is... years away. But hopes remain!

Dabutcha

Creator of the Alphanigma Saga
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Alpha

Hack of: Pokemon Gold

Additional information about the hack: Story is: You live in south Bilope. You are working for Professor Pine and are called for your final exam to become a professors aide. You go get your first pokemon and must explore a cave in your town involving a puzzle (ruins of alph kabuto puzzle). Once you complete it you fall into a pit leading into a cave. As you go down you reemerge in Calcon.

Finished percentage: Like 5% (about 15% mapping, but not much else)

Your hacking skills: Mapping, OW editing, editing the intro.

What I need (in order of importance):
Text editor
Trainer editor
Titlescreen editor
Scripter
Pokemon inserter
Music inserter

Email or PM [email protected]

Additional information:
The hack has several different types of maps (like a GS version of Pacifidlog Town)
anyone who helps will receive 100% credit for what they did in this hack. If you want to help, I have a topic in the team forum called team alpha, or just PM/email me.

Pokegeek1999

the frind code is for b/w
Years

Hack name:pokemon white

Hack of:pokemon emerald

Additional information about the hack:new reigon called zaen (pronounced zei-an) play as a rooky trainer

Finished percentage:87% about

your hacking skills:veary good at mapping and pokemon editing

What help or skill you're looking for:pretty much evrything else mostly scripting

Additional information:

please anser quickly

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2010
Well, I've tried to recruit help a bit in the Progressing Hacks thread I've got for my hack, but it's not going so well. I decided to come here to take another shot. :D

Hack name: Pokemon: The New World

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: If you'd like, just go to my thread right here. I'll give a brief rundown here, though: this hack is going to be based on Earth. Your father takes you out to get your first Pokemon at a shop, and it's just dandy. There's a lot more that I'll tell you about if you join the team, but my favorite thing about games is not knowing exactly what's going to happen - I'm sure that some share my opinion.

Finished percentage: Maybe 1% on the maps; this world is going to be just enormous. I'm about 20% done with all of the text that should be inserted, and everything else is kinda out of my hands atm.

Your Hacking Skills: I've gotten great results for my recent maps, so I guess I'm good at that. I've also got a knack for coming up with unexpected twists, as well as making everything grammatically correct, so beta testing is only necessary maybe later on. Lastly, I'm pretty much a stud with music, so all of the music in the hack will be done by me.

What help or skill you're looking for: I need help with several things but instead of throwing out a big "eVEryFiNg lolz 1!1!!!111!" I'll give a list:

- Scripting
- Palette/Tile Editor
- Sprite Editor
- Overworld Editor

That's honestly about it. If you have any talent whatsoever at any of these positions, please contact me with proof of work, and it'll be awesome to see where it goes.

Additional contact information: Contact me via PM or at the e-mail [email protected]. :D Thanks anyone, anyone whosoever that decides to help! It's a cool idea that would be even more amazing to get off the ground.

Auf Wiedersehen!

Last edited:

Pokegeek1999

the frind code is for b/w
Years
Hack name:
Pokemon World (TBC)

Hack of:
Pokemon Leaf Green

This hack has spawn from my hatred of linear games. I hate how you have to follow a single storyline or a single route to get to the end. Yes, in pokemon you can variate from the goal here and there but in the end its one long line.

In this hack, there will be one huge map - a world of pokemon. Instead of unlocking the next area, or going route after route, the whole map is one big grid with each side accessible. You are able to go from one end to the other without any badges, give or take, and the level of the pokemon will raise the closer you get to the edges, and the further you go in certain puzzle-like areas.

I am hoping to have several story lines you can progress on each at once. Somewhat like a quest system for each badge. Obviously some villains, a rival, maybe some family conflict in there somewhere. Still a lot to decide.

The map will have several locations that have each their own story. Volcano, caves, lakes, forests, brickworks, power plant, windmill, graveyard, dojo, etc.

Finished percentage:
1% - Map, concept, basis.

Your hacking skills:
Professional spriter
Novice scripter

Storyline(s) writers
Able scripters
Map creators
Tile/pallet insertion - skilled or higher
Puzzle lovers/creators
Professional spriters if you think you can keep up ;)

Email: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
irc - server: irc.toribash.com:6667 #monobi

Additional information:
Also looking for a team, so if you wish to recruit me and adopt my idea, that would be perfect.
Also have the very stupid idea of making this multiplayer. That is... years away. But hopes remain!
i want to help you with your pokemon world game i am skilled mapper and and i love puzles i cant do any of the other stuff though :(

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
Hack name: TBA ( i'm having a hard time doing this by my self...)

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: The manga of pokemon; with some sinnoh friends to

Finished percentage: 0.5 %

My hacking skills: UNLZ User

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, mapping, and pretty much everything else...

Additional contact information: my e-mail is [email protected]

Additional information: I will be putting a Youtube video up about my hack; my account name is, "MrPokemonmasterbx"

1ted59

N00bish Pokémon Hacker
Years
Hack name: Pokémon Aqua

Hack of:
Pokémon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Planning to have the hero be a member of team aqua and try to flood the world

Finished percentage:~3%

Your hacking skills: Title screen, Palette Editing, Unlz-GBA-ing

What help or skill you're looking for: Mapping, Scripting, Spriting

Additional contact information: PM

Additional information: PM me if interested

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2010
Hack name: Pokémon Aquamarine

Hack of: Pokémon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Set in an oceanic island chain region planned to feature HM08 Dive heavily.

Finished percentage: 1% -- Region geography is planned, basic town map structure is laid out, gym leader concepts ~40% complete.

My hacking skills: Mapping, title screen editing, spriting.

What help or skill I'm looking for: Scripting, music hacking, mapping, spriting.

Additional contact information: Personal messaging.

Additional information: I'm new to the hacking scene, but I'm decent with Advance Map and title screen swapping. I just need some help getting this up off the ground.

Last edited:

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
Years
Edit:

Hack name: Pokemon Guardian Legends: Pyro

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: This is my first hack, and it revolves around charizard, and vaporeon, jolteon, and flareon. I would like some pokemon from the 2nd gen to be featured, but only a few. I want mostly to be only first gen. You will not need to trade pokemon so that they can evolve (gengar for example) there will be other methods.

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: Grammer (no i can't script), story, ideas, mapping but not good.

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter (advanced), Item Changer (change what an item does), Mapper, Beggining Animation (from when the game turns on all the way until you click 'START'), Spriter, Idea Person, Beta Tester, Music inserter (i already have the actual music), puzzle creator, sprite inseter, tile maker, tile inserter, scripter that now how to make a pokemon in your party follow you. Someone who knows how to make the game go from night to day. I believe that is all, but if there is something that you can do and it is not up there, PM me.

Additional contact information: If you wish to contact me please PM

Additional information: I really want this hack to take off because I have so many ideas for it in my head, so please if you have the time help me, oh and the game will be rated PG-13 cuz there is cursing :D

Last edited:

Darkmoonazara

Dousuta Sora? Mou Ariga?
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2011
Hack name: Pokemon: Birth by Sleep

Hack of:
Emerald

Additional information about the hack: Based on Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep, only pokemonized. You can choose between Aqua or Terra, and you may change their name. The storyline changes depending on who you pick, and its too long to tell here.

Finished percentage: umm... all I can do is change what pokemon appear where, so 1%?

Your hacking skills: I can use YAPE and a little mapping, but only very basic mapping like changing the pokemon that appear in certain places.

What help or skill you're looking for: Experienced mapper, Experienced Scripter, Experienced Spriter, and just about everything else

Additional contact information: If you want to contact me, PM me.

Additional information: No, I do not own Pokemon or Kingdom Hearts.

Years
Hack name: Pokemon Harmony and Conquest

Hack of: Ruby

Additional information about the hack: An original game set in an original region with 150 Pokemon from gens 1-3 [in other words, not fakemon]. The storyline boils down to an evil organisation that wants either Harmony or Conquest over the region, and you have to stop them. This is my attempt at original flavour in Pokemon storyline, set to a ROM, and the gameplay is geared towards older fans that want a little more kick and a little more balance in their beloved game.

Finished percentage: Hahaha. Like 2% maybe.

Your hacking skills: I cannot hack. I mean, I'd be willing to learn if I cannot find someone to do that, but all of this was an on-paper concept. Who says someone that doesn't hack can't make one happen, anyway? However, all I need is someone to hack this stuff for me. I can get the spriting, in-game text, all that stuff, done myself.

What help or skill you're looking for: Hacking, and puzzle-making for gyms and such.

Additional contact information: If you hop on board, I'd like it if you joined a board I have set up to discuss the hack privately. PM me first though.

Additional information:
T-rated game, so bring your immaturity.

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Ultimate Version

Hack of: Either the DS games or FireRed and Emerald

Additional information about the hack: The player challenges on all 4 regions and can pick which region to start off and also romance option is added

Finished percentage:0-0.5%

Your hacking skills: Creative storylines trying to be scripter

What help or skill you're looking for: A Mapper, Spriter who is good, Cover Designer

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: PM me if you're intrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back