• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

TheRiddler

Rouge
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I was joking Forever xD Volcorona is okay...for now.
I read this here rumor in the Pokejungle rumor list "There are indeed new evolutions and pre-evolutions, most of them focused on Gen V Pokémon. However, a few older Pokémon, including Gen I classics, are getting surprising new developments" If it's true I wonder which Gen 1 pokemon it'll be... so far only Taurus, Lapras, Ditto, Farfetch, Pinsir and Aerodactyl don't have either a pre evo or an evo from gen 1. Though it could also be an addition to a two line like a Scyther pre evo, or a Jynx evolution. I want this to be real, it gives me hope for a Jynx evo.

I think the best would be to make third evolution to pokemon like Persian, Marowak, Arbok, Sandslash, or Dugtrio some of these could look really cool

PoisonEmeralds

Rookie ROM Hacker
Years
Speculate on new evolutions and pre-evolutions of existing Pokémon. Do you think we will get any this time around, or will they do a repeat of B/W and start fresh again? Which Pokémon do you think will get them? What will they look like?

Discuss!
I think they will leave old pokemon and start a fresh. It would be cool to see new evolutions though I guess.

I think Volcarona is a prime example of why Legendary Pokémon shouldn't be able to evolve or breed. In Black and White, it was treated very much like its own legend. High stats, encounter at LV. 70, revered as a "sun god" and even learns a move at LV. 100.

Yet, I don't see it under the legendary light due to having the capability of evolving from a pre-evolution and being able to breed as many as you want. It loses its unique status in my eyes with those capabilities.

I wouldn't be against some legendaries getting an alternative form maybe, but a straight up evolution [or pre-evolution], I don't think I'd be much of a fan if they started doing that. Which is why I liked that even though you could breed Manaphy and hatch a Phione, it was still never able to evolve into a Manaphy. We could only have one.
I count it as a legendary too because it's an interactive pokemon and quite overpowered XD

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I read this here rumor in the Pokejungle rumor list "There are indeed new evolutions and pre-evolutions, most of them focused on Gen V Pokémon. However, a few older Pokémon, including Gen I classics, are getting surprising new developments" If it's true I wonder which Gen 1 pokemon it'll be... so far only Taurus, Lapras, Ditto, Farfetch, Pinsir and Aerodactyl don't have either a pre evo or an evo from gen 1. Though it could also be an addition to a two line like a Scyther pre evo, or a Jynx evolution. I want this to be real, it gives me hope for a Jynx evo.

Yeah I read that. I hope that's kind of true given there's a few two-line evolutions and it'd be interesting to see what can come from Unova, BUT again I don't think most of Unova really needs evolutions/pre-evolutions yet - so in a few generations? For now there will probably be just a few, so I'm kind of doubting it (unless there's like 10 in total). :x

Guy

just a guy
Years
If that rumor is true, then I only hope it's half true. I think it would be too soon to put a majority of the focus for new pre-evolutions / evolutions on the Unova Pokémon. Some, sure. But most of them? I'd rather they wait another generation or two. There are still quite a few Pokémon from Gen I-III and some in Gen IV that need more attention in my opinion.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
You know what? I'd like to see more pokemon that can be classified as 'fake items'. O: If you guys remember pokemon that were 'fake items', in some indoor areas, some item balls were Voltorb or Electrode, in which case interacting with them will instead initiate a battle with said Pokémon. In Generation V, in forested areas some item balls were Foongus or Amoonguss.

Maybe there can be some pokemon that are shaped like pokemon potions or even money~!

Guy

just a guy
Years
You know what? I'd like to see more pokemon that can be classified as 'fake items'. O: If you guys remember pokemon that were 'fake items', in some indoor areas, some item balls were Voltorb or Electrode, in which case interacting with them will instead initiate a battle with said Pokémon. In Generation V, in forested areas some item balls were Foongus or Amoonguss.

Maybe there can be some pokemon that are shaped like pokemon potions or even money~!
I'd actually like to see another Pokémon like this again too. It always makes it more fun when you see an item and think it's an item, but really it's just a Pokémon hidden as an item.

Did you all get that?

Since you mentioned it, I was thinking a Pokémon that is similar to berries. Not like how Foongus and Amoonguss are mushrooms, but a Pokémon more like Cherubi and Cherrim that could be mistaken as an item/berry.

Actually, this would work out really well if we had soil to plant / find berries in a la RSE, and sometimes when we go to pick a berry it ends up being that Pokémon instead.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
dragon_eeveelution_by_fenghuanglady-d5t6yu2.png

Do want. Do want. Do want!

Please! Please! Please! Please!

Dragon Eevee FTW!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If there has to be a dragon Eevee, make it at least more... appealing and not an ugly green colour. ;( Green just isn't suited to Eevee like that!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The design is okay just the colouring is... ya no. I'd much rather something more majestically-coloured honestly. XD;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think the color is fine for a dragon type. Though thus far the eeveelutions have been the colors of the Rainbow red-Flareon, Yellow- Jolteon,Green- Leafeon,Blue- Glaceon, "Indigo (well darker blue)"- Vaporeon, and Violet/Purple- Espeon. Umbreon is the only exception being Black though Dark is one of the none original types so it being outside makes it seem special. So perhaps the Dragon eeveelution will be Orange instead.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I think the color is fine for a dragon type. Though thus far the eeveelutions have been the colors of the Rainbow red-Flareon, Yellow- Jolteon,Green- Leafeon,Blue- Glaceon, "Indigo (well darker blue)"- Vaporeon, and Violet/Purple- Espeon. Umbreon is the only exception being Black though Dark is one of the none original types so it being outside makes it seem special. So perhaps the Dragon eeveelution will be Orange instead.

From what the short movie poster of Pikachu and Eevee Friends, the last Katakana character in the title kind of hints towards a new evolution of Eevee. And that last character doesn't look like it's orange, it looks more like a grey with two stars at the top.

So what it could mean... is it could be a grey Dragon-type... or it could a totally new type alltogether if they introduce a new type for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

Either way, it would be really nice to see a new Eeveelution. ^^

Years
Grey...maybe it's a steel eeveelution instead. Possible names Steeon, Oreon ( ore and eon, plus it sounds a bit like Orion the constellation to
me so that may explain the stars), Silveon, Plateon.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Grey...maybe it's a steel eeveelution instead. Possible names Steeon, Oreon ( ore and eon, plus it sounds a bit like Orion the constellation to
me so that may explain the stars), Silveon, Plateon.
What about Metaleon? I know this has crossed the internet before. If they named Eevee's steel-type Oreon though, the urge to nickname it Oreo would be far too great. Haha

By the way, how many of you have seen this? Words can't describe how much I want this to happen.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
From what the short movie poster of Pikachu and Eevee Friends, the last Katakana character in the title kind of hints towards a new evolution of Eevee. And that last character doesn't look like it's orange, it looks more like a grey with two stars at the top.

So what it could mean... is it could be a grey Dragon-type... or it could a totally new type alltogether if they introduce a new type for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

Either way, it would be really nice to see a new Eeveelution. ^^

Its actually a dark lilac color, so its a very light version of purple. Other than that, there are many people who debunked that rumor with the lettering.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
If there are any new eeveelutions coming in gen 6, I'm pretty sure they'll be revealed in February, as they've been hyped for half a year now in several ways.

Recently two eeveelutions were featured in every pokemon smash... for next Sunday they have Vaporeon and Espeon left. If there were gonna be 2 more, they could easily reveal them the show after that lol.

I personally hope there aren't any. Eevee has had enough. They should make a new "eevee" instead. Or at least buff all eeveelutions to usefulness -___-

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

"Hacoiny, the Money Pokémon. This Pokémon is easily mistaken for money dropped on the ground, and has caused many a Trainer to enter into an unwanted battle after an attempt to pick it up."

(Name completely made up.)

Cyclone

Years
GF seems to have a thing for eevee like Bill does so I imagine it will at least get something...

I too want a Lapras evo and preevo. It'll make it more useful ^_^.
Also I don't know why but I feel as if Pinsir might be getting an evolution... Bug/Steel with giant pinsers so hard they no longer have to worry about that foe that won't be cut in half as they'll be able to cut steel. Or at least that's my vision or Pinsir's evo.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022

I don't think that rumour is true, Pokejungle posted a lot of rumours and almost all of them were confirmed false. When gen V was announced, I read that there would be a Tauros evolution, but instead whe got no evo's.

But they should leave Gen I as it is because it is there are enough new evo's made for them and it is just too old. They should focus on Gen IV and V Pokémon.

Back