• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Glitch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I'm not sure if it's a glitch, per se, but I love using a variation of missingno glitch To catch safari zone Pokemon and the like. I basically just visit the safari zone, wander all the way through it and then leave and surf along the edge of Cinibar Island - Pokemon from the last area you visited appear.

Has anyone else noticed the old man in Viridian City disappears in Yellow? this is in ROMs, not sure about the actual game.

tnfsf11

I've never actually knew there were glitches when I first played Pokemon, I had this idea that game companies have all the money & time they need to make flawless games, also I never (ever) encountered a glitch in my life so I'm somewhat ignorant concerning glitches :P

Honestly I wouldn't attempt to try any of these glitches, I wouldn't wanna ruin anything in my games...

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
Relax, not every glitch breaks the game. Some Missingno. glitches do, glitch city could too, I guess, but a Mew Glitch does nothing. What's more, with it you can catch almost any Pokemon. This way I had a Growlithe in Pokemon Blue. After you play Pokemon for more than 10 years, normal game bores you a bit :)

Also there'a s funny glitch which lets you get a Poke Flute without Silph Scope. You just give a Pokedoll to the Marowak mother. Normally, Pokedoll makes you run away any Pokemon. There's a bug which makes the Ghost disappear and not move you back, so you can pass through.

Years
I've pretty much activated all the Gen I glitches in my Blue version, including the Mew glitch.. and let me tell you, the Missingno./'M glitch(es) can mess up your Hall of Fame forever. Though I know it's not always a bad thing, because some of the glitchy HoF screens change the music xD

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I've learned that you can abuse the game's exploits to reprogram parts of the RAM and then forcibly load it. This does not involve Gameshark or any other cheats in any way. There's a video on YouTube of a person doing this through an emulator with button steps shown, and he made Pinkie Pie's cutie mark along with the MLP theme just by switching a series of items/pokemon.

Years
Mew Glitch

Just recently a good friend of mine bought Pokemon Red for his Game Boy Color, and I walked him through the Mew glitch to the best of my abilities. Luckily it worked, and he received a Mew and traded it to me. I was wondering, did you take part in the Mew glitch, and if you did, which way did you do it, and did you train/trade the Mew?

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Just like you i also made my friend do it on blue version. We opened the menu just when a battle was starting teleported back to cerulean fought a jr. trainer teleported back to cerulean went to route 24 and the menu opened automatically. Upon closing it we encountered a lv7 Mew. Then he trained it to Lv.40.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Yup. Did this on a Red cartridge a few years ago. Still have the little bugger on Stadium 2 ;)

I used it to tank the whole game. It's rather overpowered. At level 44 I was one-hitting about everything with Psychic.

Mackenzie

Say Somethin'!
Years
I'm not sure if this had been shared before but the cloning glitch in Crystal allows you to swap pokemon bodies, dvs, levels, experiences, names and/or a combination of them. I've been actually using this to bypass the tedious process of breeding pokemon just for the sake of getting a specific hidden power, or as well as nab a quick 15/x/15/15/15/15 for a special sweeper based build. I'm not sure if this also covers pokemon gold and silver, but so far, i've attempted it (albeit somehow difficult) and the pokemon came out very well. Also if anyone's interested to go back to gsc era, having a copy of yellow can certainly help as catching ditto in cerulean cave enables easy dv checking as they all are consistent at lv.60. =)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I'm not sure if this had been shared before but the cloning glitch in Crystal allows you to swap pokemon bodies, dvs, levels, experiences, names and/or a combination of them. I've been actually using this to bypass the tedious process of breeding pokemon just for the sake of getting a specific hidden power, or as well as nab a quick 15/x/15/15/15/15 for a special sweeper based build. I'm not sure if this also covers pokemon gold and silver, but so far, i've attempted it (albeit somehow difficult) and the pokemon came out very well. Also if anyone's interested to go back to gsc era, having a copy of yellow can certainly help as catching ditto in cerulean cave enables easy dv checking as they all are consistent at lv.60. =)

There's a similar glitch with bad eggs to get any Pokémon you want, including Celebi if I'm not mistaken.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
There's a similar glitch with bad eggs to get any Pokémon you want, including Celebi if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, there is, but it's insanely hard to do and I have no idea how people found it in the first place. The Mew glitch, yes, you can stumble upon that by hilarious accident, but the Celebi one... I swear someone was looking for it. Hard.

unt1tled

What t1tle?
Years
4 years ago i tried the mew glitch like 5 times and still couldn't get it to work

also i remember trying to do the missingno. glitch with the old man and cinnabar island and accidentally swimming right into the open ocean and encountering a weird glitch trainer battle, only it was my rival with very strange, creepy music. he had the pokemon from the battle with him right before he becomes the champion but at the time i was legitimately overpowered and he was quite easy. upon beating him i found myself outside the door to the cinnabar pokemon center. unfortunately this glitch trainer battle isn't listed on bulbapedia. im not sure if it has anything to do with it but at the time i think my trainer name was Jake L.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Yes, there is, but it's insanely hard to do and I have no idea how people found it in the first place. The Mew glitch, yes, you can stumble upon that by hilarious accident, but the Celebi one... I swear someone was looking for it. Hard.

Well I'm pretty sure by hacking into the ROM core and looking at the slots we can exploit any glitch in the world, as well as give a reasonable explanation for it. But lol true that. I found the few glitches in Blue the main one being going into the Cycling Road without a cycle looool that gave a lot of headway XD.
But the most annoying was the Mew thing. I don't know how it worked much but I couldn't seem to get it right.

Aaaand I'm gonna try Glitch City next, then Missingno and later Johto glitches.

RSE glitch I've encountered one; it's creepy. REAALLY creepy. One tuber boy walks through a wall in the interior of the abandoned ship to battle us LOL.

Years
Playing with glitches is one of my favorite things to do with my Pokemon Blue cartridge.

I really like having fun with Super Glitch, though it's a dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Just finished Pokémon Blue.
Through exploiting glitches, I got lvl 169 Charmander, lvl 132 Squirtle and lvl 134 Porygon in Cinnabar Island. Using the Mew glitch, got lvl 7 Mew and used it to get Mewtwo as well. Now trying to get all ungettable Pokémon.

Honestly, I love the Gambler in Route 8. He's given me a lot. Using the Missingno. glitch I got 139 Master Balls as well, and Rare Candies and the EV Boosters.

I'm enjoying going through these glitches, and Glitch City was certainly interesting to visit. It's amazing to know by exploiting glitches we can get unlimited items and all Pokémon. Really, it's as if Game Freak purposefully made these.

More importantly, I'm getting a drastic sense of nostalgia, and I fear I've become addicted to exploiting the glitches in Pokémon Blue.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Pokemon Yellow... AKA Pokemon Glitchfest

The Long Range Trainer Glitch: In viridian forest to get myself a level 1 nidoking that then jumped straight to level 100 :D

Mew glitch: In cerulean city, got it from 1 - 100 in only one battle :D

Years
There are bunch of glitches in 1st generation games. There are series of 29 videos by someone named MissingnoXpert in Youtube, you should check that out.

Also, Sydian, not trying to nit-pick or come across as a smart alec, but Mew under the truck is not a glitch, but rather an urban legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back