• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite pokemon (by generation)?

rodai

I like rusty spoons
Years
So, i'm new here and i was was wondering what your favorite pokemon is. I'll start.

Gen one - Gengar and Ditto
Gen two - Marill, Tyranitar and Wooper
Gen three - Azurill and Wynaut
Gen four - Shaymin
Gen five - Cubchoo and Litwick
Gen six - Pancham and Dedenne

You don't have to use this set up.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Castform, Castform, and Castform! There will never be another Pokemon that tops my love for this cute little cloud! He is so adorable and learns the best moves which actually makes him somewhat useable ingame despite his horrid stats.

Years
I'm going to move this thread over to Pokemon Voting Polls, and update the title, so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of other Favorite Pokemon threads.

I could list off a whole bunch for each, but if I'm going with one favorite each, my favorites would be:

Gen I (Kanto): Butterfree. Consistently one of my favorite Pokemon since I was a kid, and it solidified its place at the top of my list after playing HeartGold.
Gen II (Johto): Umbreon. Tough choice here, but easily my favorite of the Eeveelutions, and felt it shouldn't be left off of my list.
Gen III (Hoenn): Sceptile. Could've been a tie between it and Aggron, but Sceptile gets the edge as the first Pokemon I used in Sapphire.
Gen IV (Sinnoh): Froslass. Probably my favorite typing in Ice/Ghost, plus a pretty cool design to boot.
Gen V (Unova): Hydreigon. One of my favorite of the pseudo-legendaries, and another typing that I love (Dark/Dragon).

Oh, and if you're interesting in trading for a Shaymin, feel free to check out the Trade Corner's Quick Trade Thread- there are a lot of people over there happy to help!

MOVED.

Sirfetch’d

With the updated title, I'll make a more detailed post about my favorite from each generation then.

Gen 1: I have to say this is a tie for me with Blastioise and Starmie. Squirtle was my first ever Pokemon so it will always hold a special place in my heart and when it became Blastiose I was very pleased with him. As for Starmie, I have always been a fan of her speed, her power, and her versatility in battle. She is a beautiful Pokemon that I have just fallen in love with.

Gen 2: I will go with Yanma here. This was a close call between Yanma and Crobat, but Yanma wins slightly. Bug is one of my favorite types and Yanma is one of the best bug typed Pokemon ever. He is cute, fast, and decently strong. He has everything I want in a Pokemon.

Gen 3: Castform. As I have already stated, nothing will ever top my love for this little guy <3

Gen 4: Yanmega here. Basically for the same reasons that I love Yanma except double them :D. Such a powerful sweeper and amazing looking Pokemon that I always try to use if I can.

Gen 5: Jellicent ofc! Such a unique looking and unique Pokemon in terms of typing that has supreme bulk. Having such different looking formes for the male and female makes it stand out even more! Jellicent is my 2nd favorite Pokemon of all time and I cannot find one thing wrong with him!

Years
Here are mine, from Kanto through Unova.

078.gif
230.gif
350.gif
416.gif
549.gif

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
These are my favorites (I had to pick two for 3rd Gen because I just couldn't choose between them) :D

025.gif
212.gif
Gardevoir_NB_variocolor.gif
384.gif
445.gif
612.gif

Gardevoir and Rayquaza are tied for not only my Gen 3 favorites, but my all time favorites. I've been a huge fan of Rayquaza since I first saw it and my Shiny Gardevoir is amazing as well.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Its sort of hard to pick just one, in some generations (like Sinnoh and Unova) I have so many I like. For now:
• 01 - Kanto: Persian, I love cats, and to me it's the only Pokemon I love from the first generation. It always be the Top Cat in all Pokemon. Everytime I watch my cat (mostly white, with black areas) I can imagine seeing a real Persian moving around

• 02 - Johto: Furret, for some reason I used to dislike this generation a lot, since no new cats where introduced, along the way I learned to love mustelids a lot more. Really love the fur markings on it, and few rare times I see it anime really love how it moves.

• 03 - Hoenn: Linoone, love it's light brown patterns and the white fur, slender body, and really fast, just like real weasels. Watching the ferret play in my room sort reminds me of how Linoone would move like.

• 04 - Sinnoh: Buizel, one of my all time favorite Pokemon, again with my love for mustelids (sea otters are aquatic mustelids!!). Really love how it moves around in the anime, sprite movement in Black2/White2.

• 05 - Unova: Watchog, this was the only region where I had such a hard time just picking one (I also love Dewott, Mienfoo, and Mienshao as top favorites). Really love that dark-brownish/red fur with yellow stripes, those hypnotizing eyes, love it's Japanese voice (pretty much every episode where Watchog appears is always a favorite of mine, especially when it speaks). Look at my signature, 100% fan, its currently my #1 favorite Pokemon in the world, all of my Unova games aren't a team if Watchog is not member of the team.

• 06 - Kalos: Chespin, so far out of all the introduced Pokemon, its the one I like the most, it may be my favorite until the weasel Pokemon of Kalos is introduced. I really been hoping for a fire-type weasel.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hmmm, this is a tough one. It's always difficult to choose favorites.

005.gif
(but I kind of love Bulbasaur almost as much)

215.gif
(but Scizor and Elekid come veeery close)

335.gif
(but Masquerain does kind of have cooler moves and design)

461.gif
:D (but Monferno and Mime Jr are runner-ups)

615.gif
(dunno what others to mention, maybe Whimsicott and Dewott for design)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I love many Pokemon, but here are my favourites:

Gen 1:
025.gif

Runner-ups:
026.gif
and
094.gif

Gen 2:
248.gif

Runner-ups:
160.gif
and
229.gif

Gen 3:
373.gif

Runner-ups:
254.gif
and
260.gif

Gen 4:
445.gif

Runner-ups:
392.gif
and
448.gif

Gen 5:
637.gif

Runner-ups:
598.gif
and
639.gif

Gen 6: As of now, Frogadier happens to be my favourite Kalos Pokemon, with Talonflame and Tyrantrum as runner-ups.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
Gen 1: Bulbasaur, Jigglypuff :2
Gen 2: Houndoom, Tyranitar
Gen 3: Salamence, Cradily!
Gen 4: Omastar, Torterra!
Gen 5: Ferrothorn, (DW) Murkrow

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Gen 1.
134.gif

I love water-type Pokemon and Vaporeon is one of the most elegant looking Pokemon.

Gen 2.
245.gif

Suicune, whom for some reason I always nickname "Iemitsu" again, I like elegant looking water types and I've liked him since the Pokemon Movie with Celebi.

Gen 3.
257.gif

Blaziken is just too badass.

Gen 4.
405.gif

When I first played DPPt I automatically fell in love with the Shinx family and Luxray is the coolest looking out of all of them.

Gen 5.
2a5051db4feaccc51313e57bb5e10458-d5qni8t.gif

I didn't really have a favourite Pokemon in Gen 5, I generally disliked all of them but Keldeo's Resolute Forme is pretty cool looking so I guess this would be my Gen 5 favourite.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I - Lapras. The first pokemon I ever taught Surf to and still the one on whose back I'd most like to ride the waves.

II - Crobat. I'm certain there's no pokemon I've depended on more, and more successfully, than the mighty Crobat.

III - Gardevoir. I always wanted a Psychic that was a bit bulkier than Zam and was even willing to give up some power and speed to get it, and Gard was exactly what I was looking for. And... you know... she's gorgeous too.

IV - Rotom. I just love everything about it - design, stats, typing, concept, capture method - everything. The alternate formes are okay, but I prefer the original.

V - Krookodile. It's just too cool. All that attitude and all that Moxie to back it up.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Gen I: Probably Blastoise, because of its balanced stats, though they lean towards Defense. Those shell cannons are a nice touch too.

Gen II: Feraligatr; it's the most useful final evolved starter, IMO.

Gen III: Gardevoir, tied with Deoxys; I really like their designs.

Gen IV: Gallade. Its design is the best out of the Gen IV Pokemon, IMO, plus it has a really wide movepool to take advantage of its high Attack.

Gen V: Excadrill, tied with Hydreigon. No need for explanations here.

Gen VI: Froakie, tied with Talonflame, Noivern, Honedge and Pangoro.

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
gen 1 i'd choose charzard cause of lts great power and its flames

gen 2 id choose totadile cause of my fave pn this gen

gen 3 id choose skitty because of its cuteness

gen 4 shaymin because of the lengendary pokemon

gen 5 id choose froakie cause of its design

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Gen 1: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, 10-12, Pidgey, Rattata, Raticate, 29-33, Vulpix, Paras, Parasect, Psyduck, Bellsprout, Farfetch'd, Magnemite, Magneton, Shellder, 92-94, Onix, Cubone, Tangela, Kangaskhan, Horsea, Magikarp, Lapras, Vaporeon (sometimes), Porygon, Omanyte, Articuno, 147-149, Mew

I have no idea if all of those were in Pokedex order, I'm going by memory.

Gen 2: Here's where it all comes crashing down, memory wise... Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Sentret, Flaaffy, Wobbuffet, Lanturn, Unown, Girafarig, Sneasel, Miltank. Corsola and Shuckle are cute, but I wouldn't call 'em faves.

Gen 3: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Illumise, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir (sometimes), Sableye, Mawile, Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon, Milotic, Latias, Latios

Gen 4: N/A, but at least I know who Buneary is, so Buneary by default.

Gen 5: N/A, except that I know about Golurk and it seems like a cool concept. Also, Gothorita or whoever for being "Dark Kirlia" or whatever.

Gen 6: N/A

I've taken notice that most of my favorites are female or feminine, unevolved or cute. Can't say I'm surprised at all, it really does come back to my preference for female characters in series, unless there aren't/are barely any (like Kirby).

Last edited:

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Generation 1 - My favourite G1 Pokémon Mew, it's just so sneaky and cute! :)
Generation 2 - Ampharos (I think that's how you spell it) is just so amazing. <3<3<3<3
Generation 3 - Blaziken is a beast when it comes to power.
Generation 4 - Gible is so cute in the anime with it's Draco Meteor fail!
Generation 5 - Tepig is so cute and in the anime when Ash first discovers one with a rope tied around it snout ... :'(
Generation 6 - N / A.

Back