• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What are you working on?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Beginning to learn RGSS. It seems hard.

Try experimenting with Essentials, looking at other scripts, how they work, what they do, etc etc. It's how I learned and it's working well with me so far... I need pointing in the right direction sometimes, but once you figure something out once, it becomes easier and easier to code and suddenly you think you can code anything ;)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I've done all the Essentials wiki updating now.

I've thought that part of my learning C# (which is what I want to do now) will be to recreate some classic games like Pong, Snake, Space Invaders, Pacman and Tetris. They wouldn't be great quality, but they'd be practice.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I've done all the Essentials wiki updating now.

I've thought that part of my learning C# (which is what I want to do now) will be to recreate some classic games like Pong, Snake, Space Invaders, Pacman and Tetris. They wouldn't be great quality, but they'd be practice.

If you need help to get started with snake here is a good tutorial --> http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=12210.0
There are tutorials for the other classic games you mentioned out there too. It is easier to learn from other peoples work you know. :)

I am currently working on the Gen 6 Pokemon sprites. I will make them public after I am finished with the last one revealed. It is a good opportunity to better my pixel art skills.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I'm working on this (for more, check out my gallery), which comes with me doing my own tiles, music, characters, concept art, coding, mapping, basically everything in a game. I have to admit it's quite fun to work on these :D I'm also doing some C# coding along the main things, though I'm not really a big fan of the C syntax.

Last edited:

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I'm making a crapton of stuff, mainly new and recolored sprites for a game idea I am unsure will become a reality or not.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
I've become enamored with the graphics from Pokemon Red and Blue, so I'm working on dividing up the tiles and sprites into something I can use for a game.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Finished one of my Game Dev assignments for college.
Made the original pacman in flash. :3

Last edited:

Thergox

Average Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
I am currently having an on-going war with my sprites and putting down the rest of the story on paper. This place is as good as any other for a plea of help, so if anyone could offer some help on the spriting I would be very thankful (And would certainly offer any help in return that I can do).

Faore

:D
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2013
Working on my Pokemon Browser RPG, and woking on a Plot for my Pokemon: Team Rocket Returns.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I'm mapping/scripting at the moment, while looking at pokemon movepools.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
My friend, Mugendai, got the event working I needed for Celadon Gym, so I'm probably gonna start working some more on Faith & Prayer Version a bit more. The next thing to be working on I believe is coming up with an idea for how I want Saffron Gym to work - I personally believe that the Warp System, or at least how the gym is in every incarnation, is old and played out, so I'm trying to come up with new ideas.

Maruno

Years
I've gotten RMVX Ace and I've had a slight poke around. Some parts are better than XP, some are worse, and you have to be a wizard to be able to make a proper tileset thanks to all kinds of blending and usage rules that VXA has.

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
I'm mapping and overhauling some menu graphics. No offence Maruno, but I don't like Essentials menus. I am also trying to recruit a scriptwriter and graphic artist to our team. As well as learning to Event a bit better. Scripting is something that will take awhile for me to start on. And trying to push Dillon to help release a Demo of Apex, as the last playable version was from back before a joined the team(VERY bad mapping, and no events whatsoever.) So yea. And trying to stay awake. O_O

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
Learning my way around RPG Maker VX Ace--I'm trying to find sprites of the human characters (Ash,Misty, Brock, etc) in a fantasy form (as I'm trying to make a "Pokemon meets Dragon Quest" type game

So far, I have the first major part of the world map, the counterpart to Pallet Town (named Mayul), and I'm currently filling in the database

Maruno

Years
I'm currently looking into the possibility of a spiritual successor to Pokémon Essentials...

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
Trying to figure out why my game crashes as soon as i leave the first map. There are no error reposts, so its confusing

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I'm currently looking into the possibility of a spiritual successor to Pokémon Essentials...

Maybe you should make a thread for that? It doesn't get much attention here. You could collect ideas and resources there and maybe create a "To-do list" like you did for Essentials (sorted by importance). And you could even recruit some "team members" so you don't need to do it all yourself. A community project will not work anyways. It is better if someone is actually in charge and can decide stuff. ;)

Back