• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Frozen Cave [Ice Pokémon Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
This would be incredibly useful but I fear it'd also be extremely over-powered haha. At the moment I think the highest chance of freezing is 10% which is abysmal, but I think a 100% freezing move would be a step too far based on the pure power of freezing an enemy. Perhaps a move like Scald with a reasonable amount of power and a 30% chance of freezing would be enough to help balance this out a little? Or even a status move with the soul intention of freezing at around 75% like Will-o-Wisp probably wouldn't be too over the top... But a 100% accuracy move seems very unfair xD

I explaind myself in a bad way :c
I thought about the hypnosise/Will-o-Wisp move which is 75% accuracy I think, and makes the oppenent sleeps/burns. What about a same move for Ice type? A non-damage move for sure.
Or in the same way as Scald as you said Squeaky. It would be a nice suggestion to make Ice type less weaker against fight type/moves. We know how many weakness they have, I'm sure it would be so useful.
Anyway. Let's see that on the 6th. I really hope they will fix it, because I really love Ice Pokémon c:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
This would be incredibly useful but I fear it'd also be extremely over-powered haha. At the moment I think the highest chance of freezing is 10% which is abysmal, but I think a 100% freezing move would be a step too far based on the pure power of freezing an enemy. Perhaps a move like Scald with a reasonable amount of power and a 30% chance of freezing would be enough to help balance this out a little? Or even a status move with the soul intention of freezing at around 75% like Will-o-Wisp probably wouldn't be too over the top... But a 100% accuracy move seems very unfair xD

Haha I guess thats pretty reasonable. Although in like the anime you get hit by ice beam you get frozen alll the time :P. Well anyway I think what ice types need most at the moment is more versatility.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Let's make a new topic to keep this club alive, for Avishka <3~

Since hail teams are not so used in OU, what do you think about hail teams? What kind of uptades should they make to make it competitive?

I'm used to play on PO (PokémonOnline) and here, in my opinion are the most used weather teams.

Rain>Sand>Sun>Hail

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hail teams are always a lot of fun to use and they give me an excuse to throw my favourite fatties at people like Walrien and Abomasnow so they're definitely a team I love using! I'm aware they never come up in OU, especially with their key player Abomasnow being UU, but I find they still work perfectly well against most teams. The only problem I've found with using Hail as opposed to other weathers is the lack of diversity that comes up in the teams; it's always the same basic set up with one or two small changes but it's hard to keep the teams interesting when there's so few valid Pokémon to choose from. Does anyone here use any quirky Pokémon in their Hail teams?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Name: synerjee

2 Partner Pokemon: Glaceon and Lapras

Why: Any reason why you want to join?
Ice-type Pokemon are cool. Nothing else can be cooler than these cool freezing bodies of ice. Brrrr. :3

Answer the current topic!: Since hail teams are not so used in OU, what do you think about hail teams? What kind of updates should they make to make it competitive?
I think hail teams are alright. I've never used a hail team before, but it sounds like it's a good team strategy, especially teams which are heavy on ice-types. About the updates....perhaps all ice-types in a hail team could regain a little HP each turn no matter what their ability is. There shouldn't be a reason why hail shouldn't build up the health of ice-types! xD

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Name: Boilurn

2 Partner Pokemon: Vanilluxe and Cloyster

Why: Any reason why you want to join?
Ice-type in one of my favorite types, along with Water,

Answer the current topic!: Since hail teams are not so used in OU, what do you think about hail teams? What kind of updates should they make to make it competitive?
They do work sometimes. I used to have a team filled entirely of Ice types (Abomasnow, Mamoswine, Weavile, Cloyster, Froslass and Kyurem) so that I could use hail to great effect and fire off powerful Blizzards in the OU tier. I did have quite a few successes with this strategy. I probably should include Reuniclus and Sigilyph to my hail team as well, since they have abilities that avoid taking hail damage.

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome to the club syn and Boilurn!!
i hope u have fun here!
I'll add you later! kinda busy right now!

Years
Guess I'll answer the latest topic.

Since hail teams are not so used in OU, what do you think about hail teams? What kind of updates should they make to make it competitive?

I'm not the best competitive player, but Hail teams do have a nice niche such as being able to fire off powerful 100% accurate Blizzards, and some Ice-types have abilities that benefit from hail, such as Walrein's Ice Body and Froslass's Snow Cloak. Also including Pokemon with Magic Guard on the team can add to the extra diversity needed to deal with types Ice otherwise couldn't. Walrein is such a beast in hail, having the neat Ice Body for a little healing, combined with Leftovers make it hard to take down due to its good HP. Froslass and Glaceon are also some pretty deadly players due to their high Special Attack making Blizzard hit really hard, on top of getting STAB. Hail teams can be very strong when played correctly.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
This is verging from the topic a little, but which Pokémon do you guys think work well with Ice types in a team? Ice is a very useful type indeed, especially combined with Hail support, but it's always so hard to find extra Pokémon to use to support them. What kind of Pokémon would you guys suggest looking into to support our Ice type warriors?

Years
Name: Tim!

Partner Pokémon: Weavile and Abomasnow

Why: I just like the winter season. I like snow, and here in Belgium it doesn't seem to stop... Another thing is that I can withstand the cold very good. Winter landscapes here are so beautiful. I live on the countryside and it is just marvelous then.
About the Pokémon: they are so "chill" ^^
Some of them have really true elegance (like Articuno), others remind me of Christmas (like Abomasnow). I like how they look and battle like real warriors. I really hope for some more Ice-pokémon in the next generation and I also hope they will be obtainable earlier in the games!!!

Answer the current topic: Honestly, I can't really answer this one. I play the normal gameboy and nintendo games only. I always use a team that has all the hm's (no hm-slave) and can beat the Elite Four. So my team is always mixed up in terms of pokémontypes. But after defeating the E4 I do tend to create other teams, sometimes according to pokémontype.
I'm sorry I couldn't answer this topic better.

regards

Tim!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Closed due to owner's request!

HPZ9y.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back