• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Development: Pokémon Fire Red Hacked Engine

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Very cool. Briliant. May i suggest one more features? I noticed lately, there are hackers that want to fit more regions, why don't you expand the size of the rom (if you can do it of course).

You officially have my thanks. XD

giova90

Moebius
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 5, 2014
ok ...someone have already added some OW and palette?....i've followed the manual but once modified the hack on my HEX the rom does error in every programs(advance map and overworld editor)...
so as already somebody ask it, release a patch that adds a great number of OW and palette(i could be awesome have every OW pokemon like HG SS) because i guess it's important for many hackers to have this..........................................................................................................

justinufer

Learner
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
Also would you be able to make it so that there is a script that we use to save the game?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Very cool. Briliant. May i suggest one more features? I noticed lately, there are hackers that want to fit more regions, why don't you expand the size of the rom (if you can do it of course).

You officially have my thanks. XD

XSE has a ROM expander... Up to 32 MB

Also would you be able to make it so that there is a script that we use to save the game?

There is already a script like that.
Check the Battle Tower / Trainer Tower / Battle Colosseum / Union Room / Anything else that makes you save.

The script will tell all...

Last edited:

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
Can you hack the engine so that no scripts are deleted?
Good work!

Step 1: Get both this patch and the patch linked to on this page that only deletes the scripts.

Step 2: Patch both to clean roms.

Step 3: Use LIPS to create a patch from the hacked engine. Then when it asks for a clean rom direct it to the other patched rom.

Step 4. The patch it produces will leave all scripts but still have a hacked engine.

JPAN

pokemon rom researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
Step 1: Get both this patch and the patch linked to on this page that only deletes the scripts.

Step 2: Patch both to clean roms.

Step 3: Use LIPS to create a patch from the hacked engine. Then when it asks for a clean rom direct it to the other patched rom.

Step 4. The patch it produces will leave all scripts but still have a hacked engine.
Actually, this will render this hack useless. That is because I used the Script Area of the ROM to implement all code. If you want to use the old scripts, simply copy them from the original code and repoint them into your ROM.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
I've been having difficulty with the timer.
How can I get it to show what time it has recorded, in a msgbox?
Do I have to call a var?

JPAN

pokemon rom researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
I've been having difficulty with the timer.
How can I get it to show what time it has recorded, in a msgbox?
Do I have to call a var?
Using Special2 0x(variable) 0x4a, it will read out the timer to the variable.
buffernumber 0x0 0x(variable) will buffer the time in seconds for the buffer 0
To print that, just use a normal msgbox that contains in its text a \v\h02.

If you want to print in the hours, minutes and Seconds format, you may use the VarMaths specials to make it into sizable chunks.
Code:
[FONT=Arial](assuming the variable you used in the special call was 0x8007)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]writebytetooffset 0x07 0x0203f4d8[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]writebytetooffset 0x80 0x0203f4d9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]setvar 0x8000 0x3c[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]writebytetooffset 0x00 0x0203f4da[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]writebytetooffset 0x80 0x0203f4db[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]special2 0x(seconds) 0x41[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]special2 0x(minutes) 0x41[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]buffernumber 0x2 0x(seconds)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]buffernumber 0x1 0x(minutes)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]buffernumber 0x0 0x8007[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]msgbox 0x @text (text = \v\h01:\v\h02:\v\h03)[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
If there were a way to store the players X and Y coordinates along with what map they were currently on, then there'd be no stopping me switching to FR now that this is here.
However, as it is Emerald has a workaround for this using one of the original specials. :/

Is there any way you might be able to include this in the next update?
Your work is fantastic, and I desperately want to be able to make use of it. xD

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
Hi there!
Hmmm...I've come now with a sugestion and a problem(again:laugh:)!

So the sugestion is: You can make something that forces the player to battle (in wildbattles) until death, capture or kill the poke!If it helps,check the legendarie battle scripts,it could be something there that will help you, since it checks if the player killed the poke or captured it or run from battle(but outside of battle,and my idea is inside battle).Its for the people that want a Pal Park.And if you can make a wildbattle check if the player run instead of capturing or killing the pokemon then instead of making the pokemon appear the times you put,appear until you kill or capture the pokemon like for Pal Park.(of curse you have to put another variable to check if the rom hacker wants it!)

The problem is:I know that you tell to not use the predefined pokemon part of special 56 (roaming/swarming),but before i tell you that bug,i had noticed another bug: with the normal pokemon numbers, the times that they appear is correct(i mean,if you put 5 times,he appears 5 times) but if you use a predefined pokemon he appears infinitely time,even if you put it to appear 1 time.

Thats it,

~Sonic1~

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I have 3 questions.

1. Is it possible to add a way to change the graphic of the old man special (of him throwing the pokeball), perhaps using load pointer?

2. Is it possible to add a way to have a script load every time any map is loaded?

3. Is it possible to add a way to have a script load every time the player takes a step?

Keep up the good work. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen May 9, 2010
Hey, I was wondering if you could include something that lets you change the players OW, Back, and Front sprites during gameplay (like a script or something).
If something like this already exists, sorry. :P

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Hey, I was wondering if you could include something that lets you change the players OW, Back, and Front sprites during gameplay (like a script or something).
You can already do something like that. HackMew will be writing an ASM tutorial on how to do so.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

Read teh freaking Readme. This is already included, instead of asking if it is there, please, read the Readme file, there is a reason it is called a READ ME.

Years

I been thinking about writing a tutorial... If neither Hackmew or Jpan has done it in the next weekends, I'll do it, if I don't turn to drunk at friday.
As far as I can see there is no way to change the front/back sprites. :\
I have written a routine for the front sprite, and Doubt the back sprite should be hard..

Last edited:

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
Years
Thank you!!

It´s a great patch, maybe the bets i've seen.

but one thing... how do I insert the source codes.. i mean, have them but I don't know how to put them, in an hex edtior?
a script?
i'm triying to do the overworld thing but I don't know where to put the codes can someone help me please? i'm not familiar with this.. sorry
if it's by an asm editor... could you give me the download link?
I have vista and I can't open mine ...

I'm looking forward to more things, keept up the good work! :)

Last edited:
Back