• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Hi, I'm not really sure but I don't think so, I would think that as long as you've the GBA game in the slot it should work :) Then again I could be wrong :/

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
As far as I know, your dual slot should work perfectly regardless of your progress in your game. Of course, to harness its uses you need to be able to access certain facilities which are only available when you defeat the Pokemon League. (Eg. Pal Park.)

Anyway, quick questions don't warrant their own thread and belong in the 4th Generation Help Thread.

[ Moved ]

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2014
Is it worth getting SoulSilver now, when X/Y is so close?

Hey. I need some advice guys.
I'm very excited for X and Y to come out in almost two months, but god, I'm not patient!
I'm thinking about buying the SoulSilver game, so i can entertain myself while waiting. I'm a original fan from back in the days when the Pickachu Edition came out in 1999, but my favorite storyline and favorite monsters was the one from generation Gold/Silver. I would love to play it again, but you know, the quality is kind of **** compared to what we have evolved with today. So that is why I'm considering SoulSilver because it's a remake of everything that I love, which new beautiful layout.
I did try the hacked game called "Shiny Gold" on my android phone with an emulator, it was fun, but god those bugs is a pain. I also tried "Light Platinum" and it was really good, but I tell you.. those bugs.. ugh, I need a real game. Generation 3 is not my cup of tea.. I never played Generation 4 and I finished Generation 5 (Black 2) not too long ago.. or at least how much i could of it. But I don't have the passion for the 5th Gen. it's a bad storyline and bad monsters.
I tried playing SoulSilver on my computer with a emulator, since there's no proper emulator for phones, but damn it lags a tiny bit when i walk on my computer. I don't feel comfy playing from a computer. I need the freedom to move around with the game in my hands..

Is it worth paying for SoulSilver this late?

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
OK, here's my views:

1. X/Y and R/S Remakes are in Generation 6. I'm getting either X or Y and the Sapphire Remake, so I'm saving money.
2. My first game was Crystal. My favorite Game (and the most fun) was HeartGold, and SoulSilver is almost identical, but it has Meowth (so basically my friend has SoulSilver, and I can get Persians :D )
3. Personally, I would definitely get SS or HG, it's great.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2014
OK, here's my views:

1. X/Y and R/S Remakes are in Generation 6. I'm getting either X or Y and the Sapphire Remake, so I'm saving money.
2. My first game was Crystal. My favorite Game (and the most fun) was HeartGold, and SoulSilver is almost identical, but it has Meowth (so basically my friend has SoulSilver, and I can get Persians :D )
3. Personally, I would definitely get SS or HG, it's great.

there's a Sapphire remake??
Well, I don't think any of us know what will be in generation 6 :P We have no idea what the storyline is, and what Pokemon from before is going to be in it.
So you think despite the two months left, I should still get SoulSilver? I know I can transfer old pokemon into X/Y game, but it doesn't feel the same as actually catching them. And the environment and adventure doesn't always feel the same in newer games despite better graphics, you know? :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you've never played SoulSilver before, then you should definitely get it. ^^" You may have played Pokémon Gold or Silver, but Pokémon SoulSilver is a completely new game. They do have some similarities here and there, but they also have a lot of differences, though. I wouldn't really want to miss out on this game if I were you. Plus, Pokémon that you end up catching in this game could later be transferred to either Pokémon Black or White (or maybe even X/Y), so that's a good thing.

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I'd say it's a good choice! SoulSilver has been one of my favourite games to date and I'm sure you'll feel the same. If you've enjoyed the GSC generations, you'll especially enjoy SoulSilver. It's has a tie to the older generations, but at the same time has a completely different feel to it - you won't want to miss it!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
HGSS are one of the best mainstream Pokemon games, in my opinion. If you're a GSC fanatic like me and grew up playing the games, then I strongly recommend you buy Soul Silver; you definitely won't regret it. It brings a fresh view on Johto but at the same time retains that sweet sweet nostalgia. It's got a bunch of new features and some of the quintessential areas of the region are brought to life through some stunning graphics.

Anyhoo, help threads and quick questions belong in the 4th Generation Help Thread so I'll move this, there.

[ Moved ]

Years
Does being on Set battle style affect wild Pokémon battles in this generation? In Platinum and SoulSilver, when my Pokémon faint against wild Pokémon, it automatically sends me to my team of Pokémon to send out another. Why isn't it asking me if I want to use my next Pokémon or run? I am playing on Set battle style, but that doesn't happen in Gen III or V (in those games i've had my stuff faint against wild Pokémon, even on Set mode, but there it asks me if I want to send in another Pokémon or run from it). So why does it force me to send out another one?

Years
Yes as you could trade with X and Y with Soul Silver, I would also recommend you to get it. That will help you spend time till X and Y and you could be able to play with your Soul Silver team in Kalos too. Imagine seeing Ampharos follow you in Soul Silver and then in X and Y , it could become a Dragon type as well or you could ride on it too maybe.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
In Diamond, I KO'd Mesprit and lost the opportunity to catch it. I googled around and saw that Legendaries respawn after you defeat the E4 and the champion, but Mesprit still doesn't respawn after I beat them many times. Any help? or is it just a misconception and I lost Mesprit forever?

Years
In Diamond, I KO'd Mesprit and lost the opportunity to catch it. I googled around and saw that Legendaries respawn after you defeat the E4 and the champion, but Mesprit still doesn't respawn after I beat them many times. Any help? or is it just a misconception and I lost Mesprit forever?

Sorry, but yes. Only in Platinum do they respawn. =(

Years
Pokechecker In Platinum

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to check Pokemon's via Pokechecker on Pokemon Platinum. I own a 3DS.

All help appreciated,

Armando.

Kami Oni

The Pokemon Breeder Anime Fan
Years
You have at least six Pokemon in a Box in your game that you want to migrate to your SoulSilver?

None of your cartridges show up with the option to migrate?

None of your cartridges are from a different region than your SoulSilver game, correct?

Are your cartridges being recognized by your DS? (you can play your games on your DS)

Yes the gameboy advance Fire red is recognized on my DS there is more then 6 in the box but it just wont show migrate on the options in the main menu and its in Kanto

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
i'm playing pokemon platinum and i am in hearthome city and my team is:
gortle lvl 24 (rash nature\ moves: bite - curse - absorbe - razor leaf) ability: overgrow
buneary lvl 25 (serious nature\ moves: quick attack - cut - frustration - jump kick) ability:klutz
psyduck lvl 24 (brave nature\ moves: disable - confusion - rock smash - water pulse) ability:damp
drifloon lvl 26 (hasty nature\ moves: payback - astonish - gust - scoptile) ability:unburden
and i have too:
ralts(female) lvl17 (timid nature\ moves:confusion-douple team-teleport-luchy chant) ability:trace
togepi lvl 5 (rash nature\ moves: charm - growl) ability:hustle
i want to add riolu and houndour
but i'm confused wich one should i pick for the perfect balanced team
can you help me to decide what should i do ..
(i think i need another water type instead of psyduck .. right??)

Last edited:
Years
i'm playing pokemon platinum and i am in hearthome city and my team is:
gortle lvl 24 (rash nature\ moves: bite - curse - absorbe - razor leaf) ability: overgrow
buneary lvl 25 (serious nature\ moves: quick attack - cut - frustration - jump kick) ability:klutz
psyduck lvl 24 (brave nature\ moves: disable - confusion - rock smash - water pulse) ability:damp
drifloon lvl 26 (hasty nature\ moves: payback - astonish - gust - scoptile) ability:unburden
and i have too:
ralts(female) lvl17 (timid nature\ moves:confusion-douple team-teleport-luchy chant) ability:trace
togepi lvl 5 (rash nature\ moves: charm - growl) ability:hustle
i want to add riolu and houndour
but i'm confused wich one should i pick for the perfect balanced team
can you help me to decide what should i do ..
(i think i need another water type instead of psyduck .. right??)
I think you should add both of them and remove Buneary in your team. Buneary is cute but it's battling in platinum which will help you complete the game

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Hello guys, I would like to ask questions!

When are the Natures and IVs of Johto legendary trio generated?
Is it upon during the Burnt Tower event in main plot, like in similar fashion to Cresselia in Gen IV?
If so, is Suicine's generated along with Entei and Raikou?

Some legendaries like Suicune and Giratina will reappear again in Burnt Tower and that creepy cave respectively after you defeated them on first try. So the question is, will their IVs and Natures get reset during this second attempt?

Years
Pokemon Soul Silver or Pokemon Crystal?

Hi guys, yesterday I got Pokemon yellow (finally, sigh). And I planning to stick to it for a while, however, I'm not sure what to play afterwards!
I am planning to play all generations from the beginning. I am afraid that if I go though Kanto now, and then Kanto and Johto in Crystal, Soul Silver will feel boring repetitive and I won't be able to enjoy it, not the story or graphics. Since I will already know everything that's going to happen. (Or at least most of it). So should I skip the Crystal?
My playing order was supposed to be:
Yellow-Crystal-FireRed-Emerald-SoulSilver-Platinum-White-White2-X

But now I am not sure whether I should skip the Crystal(And maybe firered(?)) and just return to them (much) later when nostalgia kicks in?

If you guys played all of these games and you can suggest a playing order, feel free to! :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
My suggestion is scramble the orders, don't mind to much about the orders of era!
I'm actually replaying Gen III to Gen V as countdown for the new Pokemon games in the near future...
This is my order DP > HGSS > RS > BW1 > Pt > BW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back