• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite & least favourite Pokemon of the 5th Gen?

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
The best designs in my opnion : Kyurem,Serperior,Hyrdreigon,Zekrom,Cofagrigus,Deino,Zorua,Gothitelle,Virizion,Vanillite,and Volcarona.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
My favorite would have to be Cofagrigus because of it resembling a sarcophagus which appeals to me due to the fact that I love ancient Egyptian history. My second favorite is Terrakion because I love the design. My least favorite generation five Pokemon would have to be Keldeo, I don't like the design of it and the latest Pokemon movie made me dislike Keldeo even more.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Least favorite is easy - Watchog. It's this generation's Raticate - just powerful enough and with just the right (wrong) attacks to be a pain in the butt to battle, which you have to do all too much, but not powerful enough to actually be worth having on a team.

Favorite is tough though - I like a lot of the pokemon from this gen.
Cinccino particularly stands out. It's a cute design, and with either Technician or Skill Link, it's actually pretty fearsome in combat.
Leavanny's a good one too - probably the best Bug/Grass ever, and with a great design.
I really like Reuniclus too. It looks cool, and it hits like a truck. Well... a psychic truck... like... thing.
Sigilyph is an awesome design, and Magic Guard is an awesome ability.
Scraggy is great. Scrafty's the better fighter, of course, but I love Scraggy's design.
Mienshao is everything I always dreamed about for a fast, fragile fighter, and its movepool is perfect.
Chandelure of course. I saw someone else somewhere say that it's like carrying a nuclear bomb around with you, and that's not far off the mark.
Excadrill is a monster. I liked Drilbur and kept one in my party because it was cute, but I sort of expected it to end up like this gen's Diglett/Dugtrio, and boy was I wrong.
Frillish is a great design and a great typing. I was a bit disappointed in Jellicent's design though. It's okay, but I really like Frillish better.
Thinking of that - I think Petilil is one of the cutest pokemon ever, full stop. And Lilligant is actually surprisingly dangerous.
Golett and Golurk are awesome in all possible ways - design, abilities, movesets, typing, everything.
And Braviary and Haxorus and Hydreigon and Stoutland and Beheeyem and Krookodile and Cofagrigus and Bisharp and Sawsbuck and Scolipede and.... pretty much everything but Watchog...

ImKris

Herp Derp!
Years
My favorite in Gen V pokes will be Bisharp. He's a complete Badass! And just look at that design, Power Rangers! *Comes to mind the scene where power rangers beats the bad guys and this monsters explodes and power rangers will make a pose*. Though I rarely use him competitively, I just really like his design.

Hated Stunfisk the most. I mean, Just why gamefreak?

kammond

Huh
Years
I actually like Garbodor. Why all the hate? Sure he's based on a garbage bag but he's not actually ugly. Look at his cute wittle face!!

Plasma Prince N

Full-time Pokémon Master.
Years
My favorite is definitely Volcarona. I love both Fire-types and Bug-types, and it's a beast in battle. Its design is nice, too- and it's a lot of fun to draw! Other favorites of mine are Galvantula, Kyurem, Scolipede, Genesect, and Sigilyph.

If I had to choose a least favorite, I'd have to say either the 3 elemental monkeys or Sawk/Throh. I'm not a huge fan of monkeys to begin with, and I've never had good luck with them in battle. Sawk and Throh are kind of good, but I'm not a fan of their designs at all.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Favorite: Genesect, it's an insecticon that's the love child of Soundwave and Shockwave. Its movepool is great too.

Least Favorite: Scrafty, it's not bad Pokemon, but my deep hatred towards the group this Pokemon is based off of prevents me from using it due to my horrible experience with these people back in middle school and high school.

Years
My favorite: Braviary. Doesn't matter that there's already a gajillion bird Pokemon. Braviary is just so awesome. And he's based off an eagle. 'Murica! >:3

Least Favorite: Now the list for this is expansive... But if I have to choose just one; Vanillite. I despise it. And its evolutions are even more unoriginal... Let's take an ice cream cone and add a scoop... TA-DA! Evolved form! ......No.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
My favorite would have to be Haxorus, closely followed by Chandelure. I like Haxorus because it is a really powerful dragon, with crazy attack. I also like his design, and his shiny form. I chose Chandelure because it is also very powerful, with one of the highest special attack stats ever. Not only that, but it is a ghost type, my favorite type.

Least favorite would be Palpitoad and its previous form, Tympole. To me, Tympole looks like they barely put any effort into its design. A smiley face with a tail. I also dislike Palpitoad because it just looks weird. My first reaction when I saw it and its animation was "wut."
But I am fine with its final form, Seismitoad.

Years
My favourite is a toughie. I loved the Vanilluxe line, Chandelure line and Klingklang line mostly.
My least favourite is so obvious I might as well not say it. All together now... ZOROARK! Seriously, I hate that thing so much. Same can be said for Lucario.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I actually like Garbodor. Why all the hate? Sure he's based on a garbage bag but he's not actually ugly. Look at his cute wittle face!!

Yeah it's not that ugly, plus it's also strong/useful competitively, and in-game I guess too, given that it can spam Toxic Spikes/Spikes everywhere which can be of use in some places in-game!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
My favorites of the generation would have to be Snivy and Sandile because their designs are plain awesome and their pretty useful as well in battles.

My least favorite would absolutely have to be Foongus and Amoongus, their designs are just wretched - what good evolutionary reason would they have to be patterned like a Poke Ball other than Game Freak wanted another Pokemon to fake out the players. Worthless designs all around.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Favourite was Volcarona, hands down. The design was amazing and how they made it a bug/fire.

Least favourite would have to be Sawk/Throh, I just despised them for some reason.

Years
I'm actually more impressed with this generation's designs then I have been with Pokemon in a long, long time. Part of the reason I stopped watching the Anime was because the pokemon were getting a little odd.

Back