• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Can we finally be surprised ????

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I'm not sure if this is true or not but I heard that the 3DS cartridge wasn't as easy to hack as the DS .
So this would mean any unreleased pokemon will actually be a surprise to us when it's released, unlike today where we know every possible part of the game before it comes out.

If this true how do you guys feel about this?

The 3DS uses a similar data structure to the regular DS. If there are 2D images of the Pokemon used anywhere in the game, you can bet we'll be able to open that easily just by sifting through.

However, depending on how the models are done, we may not be able to view them correctly for quite some time. If there are no 2D images of the Pokemon, we'll have names/movesets/basestats but no picture. So yes and no? We'll know what the unreleased Pokemon are capable of, but not what they look like.

That is of course speaking from our current knowledge of the 3DS. We'll likely come a long way by October.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Forget the fact that it's a 3DS game, the main reason Pokémon information like that was leaking was because it was released in Japan, what? Six or seven months before the rest of the world? This time it'll be an international release, so we won't really have to worry about unreleased Pokémon being flooded onto the internet.

☆aqua☆

Ace Trainer!! :p
Years
I can't wait to see what hacks will look like, tbh. I don't know much about hacking, but I'm guessing it might be hard (or I'm completely wrong lol).

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

^ I don't have the greatest knowledge either, but I don't think back will be possible for a long, long time. Anyway, it's a world wide release people! I don't think Ninty and Gamefreak are going to let any information slip, so I'm sure we'll get a few surprises!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Oh boy... Nintendo 3DS has not even been hacked in any way. It's not even possible to rip ROMs without knowing how to construct a device that can extract data from the Game Card itself. Even if you look at 3dbrew website, with all that stuff... they still don't have the tools necessary to do Homebrew yet. It'll probably take until 2016 before someone manages to figure out a way to Homebrew on the 3DS and rip the ROMs.

If only if there was someone that knows about electronic engineering, then maybe they would be able to finally develop a tool to create something that allows hacking the Nintendo 3DS ROMs.

But the way I see it right now, I'm afraid yes... unfortunately all event Pokémon will be a surprise, 'cause we don't know anything about them and we'll be unable to uncover them before TPC does. :(

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
We probably will be surprised, but we have a 9 - 10 month wait, someone just might find out how to extract roms from 3DS Cards and break the encrpytion. Even then, since just about everything is 3D we probably won't find anything in the Pokemon department. Probably names, movesets, basestats, etc. and it's Pokemon icon (that's the only thing I would think would be a sprite.) However, considering that GF is releasing everything at the same time, we'll probably have to be surprised.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It will be very difficult for people to get into the ROMs of these games due to encryption and there's not a lot understood about how 3DS games work. I'm sure there will be a LOT of work on the subject, but it might just be that will be surprised.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Yeah, I think the event only pokemon will be a surprise since the 3DS ROMs can't be hacked into fully.Someone somewhere will be able to hack into them someday but it might be a long time from now maybe 2016-ish or even more and by that time it will have already been revealed and there will be a new generations already.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Forget the fact that it's a 3DS game, the main reason Pokémon information like that was leaking was because it was released in Japan, what? Six or seven months before the rest of the world? This time it'll be an international release, so we won't really have to worry about unreleased Pokémon being flooded onto the internet.

I believe the reference is to event Pokemon, because we usually know about event Pokemon the second the game is released due to looking at the code, but it might be more difficult for a 3DS game and then when they finally announce it, it'll be an actual surprise as opposed to "Omg they finally revealed Genesect".

I hope they are a surprise though! That's how they're meant to be; to keep the excitement of the game going long after the game has been released. Instead they're just boring events because we knew about the events for months and months and were just waiting for them to be released.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I hope it can't be hacked, then we can experience it all without people spoiling, unless its something that can't be unlocked anyway like Arceus or the God Stone xD

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
It's possible, but hacking this game will be a lot harder than previous Pokemon games. I think that with the 3D, it's harder than hacking with 2D. I think that the games might be essentially the same, but that the graphics il be a lot different.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
If someone can make it, someone else can take it apart again. I highly doubt anything that is supposed to be a secret on these games will remain secret for very long. The global release date at least ensures some element of surprise for most of us, because there will be no earlier released Japanese version for news sites to cover first in depth, but as for keeping things hidden...good luck with that.

Of course, the best way to be surprised by these things is to not read the news. xD

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I hope they're a surprise as well. We might not know how many Pokémon there actually is for years!

well, saying "for years" might be a bit of a stretch lol
other than that, i completely agree.

it's definitely much better to have topics about ppl having fun and sharing even the smallest details they could find about the games than having ppl constantly complaining about *insert event here* not being out yet or others saying "trollfreak" are trolls because they never used the god stone that they (the players) were never meant to know about in the first place.

that being said, i'm really excited about the new games and the only thing i don't like about them is the fact that i still have to wait so many months until they're released =P

ArcanineLink

Experienced Arcanine Trainer
Years
I really hope we are surprised. Every gen after Gold/Silver/Crystal (I was pretty young around R/B/Y and G/S/C) I have researched basically EVERY single little detail about the games before they came out because the games are always normally out in Japan months ahead and I can't stop myself.. :(
Although this this time since it is a worldwide release I am hoping this isn't the case because It would be awesome that everyone is discovering the secrets and getting suprised together and experiencing the game at the same time as everyone else. This will make the games much more enjoyable for everyone in my opinion .^_^.

Back