• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X & Y :Anime and Game Release

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Hopefully Cilan & Iris will stay for the X&Y anime series. But i would love to see Misty & Brock again because they were the best characters on the show.

Years
Don't worry I am sure that the franchise is wise enough to understand that they just introduced Cilan and Iris and Ash just met them in a region. But once again Iris has to go out and only Ash, Cilan and a new character of Kalos Region i-e the female girl could easily fit the place

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I can see Iris & Cilan staying for the X&Y anime series,( I do hope Iris does stay a little bit longer).

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
one of the things i wanna see in x/y is updates on older main characters such as Dawn, May, and Brock. i mean they dont have to return full time but i would like to see cameos of them to see how far they have progressed. wouldn't it be amazing to have an episode where brock is visiting kalos as a pokemon doctor? speaking of the past i want contests to return, i always loved may's and dawn's contests.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
My XY anime wishlist:
-Ash travels to new region, with only Pikachu.

-In Kalos, the region, Ash meets a girl that doesn't know a thing about pokemon battles. She has just chosen her starter pokemon(Froakie, Fennekin, and/or Chespin), and wants her first battle against Ash. The professor suddenly shows up and explains Pokemon battles in basic terms. That way, Ash doesn't have to make a complete fool of himself.

-In the same episode, Pikachu is hit by a sinister machine that Team Rocket invented. The machine makes pokemon weak and unable to fight against higher-levelled pokemon. Pikachu is captured. Ash is helpless because he doesn't have a pokemon, so the professor gives him one of the three starters, who is strong to the type that the girl chose. Ash and the girl save the day with their new pokemon and Ash gets Pikachu back...and TR ends up blasting off!

-Cilan needs to return! So...um...maybe Ash and girl are travelling together, and they meet Cilan in a PokeCenter. Cilan wants to investigate some sort of mysterious pokemon in Kalos. Cilan rejoins the group.

-Ash has got to be older! At least 12 by this point.

-Ash and co. meet a strange boy who Ash notes 'looks familar.' The boy is wearing a hood, so we don't get to see him. They battle, the boy sends out a Kirlia, and the boy is revealed to be Max, who is finally on a pokemon journey. Show some love to the older companions! Max becomes new rival.

-A special where Ash and co. visit a very prestigious contest that the new female companion has entered. Yes, a contest. The girl finds she is competeting against May and Dawn, two of Ash's old friends. Of course, Team Rocket interferes, but Ash and Cilan have been subdued by something...maybe some rubble/debris that fell when TR ruined the contest? Of course, the girls save the day. GIRL POWUH!

-Misty is humourously referenced throughout the entire show. For example: "There's a new trainer in town, a girl with stunning orange hair. I think she said her name was Misty!" And it turns out that the new trainer is an older woman, named Ms. T and she runs the daycare or something. Plus, with the previous special mentioned, a bunch of fans will continously think: 'Oh, this is the ep. where Misty comes back! I've waited so long for this!' and then of course, she doesn't come back. It's the most hilarious troll-y thing the show could do. If not with Misty, then maybe with Iris. I think more of the current audience would understand that.

-We need another shiny pokemon in the main team. Noctowl was waaaay back in Johto.

-A special where Cilan, Brock, and Tracey meet. Brocks on a trip for Nurse Joy, wanting to share news of PokeRus, Tracey is helping out Professor Oak, and wants info on PokeRus and Cilan is with Ash. Of course, the new female companion has to be kidnapped or something so that the past(and current) male companions can go save her. Ash can be rolling around in some grass for all I care.

-Thicker and darker plot. Not TR wise, if TR was changed in any way, a bunch of people would complain. Maybe the new evil team is actually...evil and menacing. And of course, Ash and co. somehow keep getting lucky(like, if they get cornered by evil team, Looker comes out of nowhere and saves them.) So...light-hearted protoganists, but really mean and evil villains.

-Ash gets framed for stealing some pokemon. He has 24 hours to prove his innocence, or else he'll be arrested. Detective Cilan returns and is able to find out where the theif will strike next due to a pattern. Ash and Cilan go to the spot...and meet another boy who resembles Ash. Pokemon battle, the mysterious boy wins, and runs away. When the smoke clears from the battle, more pokemon have been stolen. Cilan finds out the next encounter, and Ash and co. plan an ambush there. When mysterious boy shows up again, they tackle him...and he struggles but can't get free. AFter turning him into Looker, he is instantly let go. Looker explains the boy was Red and that the boy is mute.Looker goes on to explain Red was assigned to go to the locations to catch the theif as well, because Looker figured out the pattern before Cilan did. Ash and co. go to the next and final location, where Butch and Cassidy are found tied up, and all the stolen pokemon are there too. Cilan concludes Red got there first and stopped TR and Ash comments on how cool Red is. Okay, I got a little carried away. But wouldn't that be a cool connection between gens and games and anime?

Years
one of the things i wanna see in x/y is updates on older main characters such as Dawn, May, and Brock. i mean they dont have to return full time but i would like to see cameos of them to see how far they have progressed. wouldn't it be amazing to have an episode where brock is visiting kalos as a pokemon doctor? speaking of the past i want contests to return, i always loved may's and dawn's contests.
Contests I hate to say could never be added again due to the fact that the franchise is introducing new activities in a new region. Take Pokemon Musical in Unova for instance which replaced Sinnoh's Contest....

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hey, there's been nothing to suggest that contests couldn't make a comeback. The musical was utter trash and everyone knows it; why wouldn't they bring back contests? And plus one of the game protagonists' friends is a dancer...

speaking of, I'm gonna say I will be massively upset if Tierno isn't at least a recurring character in the anime omg

Years
I wonder if the anime will be aired at the same time as the games go on sale. That will be so cool.

I think it's unlikely to happen based on what I saw being discussed on Serebii's Pokemon Anime Discussion forums. The dub tends to receive the episodes a little while after Japanese airing and then there's the dialogue and all. While it may seem like a good idea, I just can't see it happening.

Given the Alexa episode will air in the dub around the time X & Y come out, that might be their way of showing 6th Gen stuff to the non-Japanese viewers, and then the XY saga will eventually start its dubbed airing around early 2014.

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
While it's already shocking that the X/Y games will be released worldwide at the same time, I don't think it's impossible for the anime to be released close together. Recently I've come across a new Japanese Animation Distribution company which was launched in Spring 2013 that's suppose to make it easier for anime companies to distribute their series in subbed and dubbed formats quicker than before. It's said that they're actually doing this with a reboot of one of my childhood animes "Sailor Moon". So, though it may not happen that way, I think we're progressing enough with new vendors and companies that licensing for dubbing will become much easier since anime's are becoming more and more popular outside of Japan.

Years
Let's be specific and learn that the X & Y anime is starting on 17th Oct while the games are being released on 12th Oct 2013. So the games have won at least by One week...

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
My XY anime wishlist:

-Ash travels to new region, with only Pikachu.

-In Kalos, the region, Ash meets a girl that doesn't know a thing about pokemon battles. She has just chosen her starter pokemon(Froakie, Fennekin, and/or Chespin), and wants her first battle against Ash. The professor suddenly shows up and explains Pokemon battles in basic terms. That way, Ash doesn't have to make a complete fool of himself.

-In the same episode, Pikachu is hit by a sinister machine that Team Rocket invented. The machine makes pokemon weak and unable to fight against higher-levelled pokemon. Pikachu is captured. Ash is helpless because he doesn't have a pokemon, so the professor gives him one of the three starters, who is strong to the type that the girl chose. Ash and the girl save the day with their new pokemon and Ash gets Pikachu back...and TR ends up blasting off!

-Cilan needs to return! So...um...maybe Ash and girl are travelling together, and they meet Cilan in a PokeCenter. Cilan wants to investigate some sort of mysterious pokemon in Kalos. Cilan rejoins the group.

-Ash has got to be older! At least 12 by this point.

-Ash and co. meet a strange boy who Ash notes 'looks familar.' The boy is wearing a hood, so we don't get to see him. They battle, the boy sends out a Kirlia, and the boy is revealed to be Max, who is finally on a pokemon journey. Show some love to the older companions! Max becomes new rival.

-A special where Ash and co. visit a very prestigious contest that the new female companion has entered. Yes, a contest. The girl finds she is competeting against May and Dawn, two of Ash's old friends. Of course, Team Rocket interferes, but Ash and Cilan have been subdued by something...maybe some rubble/debris that fell when TR ruined the contest? Of course, the girls save the day. GIRL POWUH!

-Misty is humourously referenced throughout the entire show. For example: "There's a new trainer in town, a girl with stunning orange hair. I think she said her name was Misty!" And it turns out that the new trainer is an older woman, named Ms. T and she runs the daycare or something. Plus, with the previous special mentioned, a bunch of fans will continously think: 'Oh, this is the ep. where Misty comes back! I've waited so long for this!' and then of course, she doesn't come back. It's the most hilarious troll-y thing the show could do. If not with Misty, then maybe with Iris. I think more of the current audience would understand that.

-We need another shiny pokemon in the main team. Noctowl was waaaay back in Johto.

-A special where Cilan, Brock, and Tracey meet. Brocks on a trip for Nurse Joy, wanting to share news of PokeRus, Tracey is helping out Professor Oak, and wants info on PokeRus and Cilan is with Ash. Of course, the new female companion has to be kidnapped or something so that the past(and current) male companions can go save her. Ash can be rolling around in some grass for all I care.

-Thicker and darker plot. Not TR wise, if TR was changed in any way, a bunch of people would complain. Maybe the new evil team is actually...evil and menacing. And of course, Ash and co. somehow keep getting lucky(like, if they get cornered by evil team, Looker comes out of nowhere and saves them.) So...light-hearted protoganists, but really mean and evil villains.

-Ash gets framed for stealing some pokemon. He has 24 hours to prove his innocence, or else he'll be arrested. Detective Cilan returns and is able to find out where the theif will strike next due to a pattern. Ash and Cilan go to the spot...and meet another boy who resembles Ash. Pokemon battle, the mysterious boy wins, and runs away. When the smoke clears from the battle, more pokemon have been stolen. Cilan finds out the next encounter, and Ash and co. plan an ambush there. When mysterious boy shows up again, they tackle him...and he struggles but can't get free. AFter turning him into Looker, he is instantly let go. Looker explains the boy was Red and that the boy is mute.Looker goes on to explain Red was assigned to go to the locations to catch the theif as well, because Looker figured out the pattern before Cilan did. Ash and co. go to the next and final location, where Butch and Cassidy are found tied up, and all the stolen pokemon are there too. Cilan concludes Red got there first and stopped TR and Ash comments on how cool Red is. Okay, I got a little carried away. But wouldn't that be a cool connection between gens and games and anime?

I agree with this list 100 percent. You should write the anime. The last part reminds me of a recent rumor stating that the 1st 3 episodes would focus on each character and that ash's would be where TR frames him for stealing a starter.

Years
im pretty sure that cilan will be returning because of this photo i saw. its a screencap from an episode i havent seen yet. i either missed it or its an episode not yet aired in the US. the photo is in the link. https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/970762_145323689005668_1996389129_n.png i dont necessarily agree with the people in the photo but i think thats some evidence right there.
But this image still does not provides any solid evidance that Cilan will come with Ash. I am not saying I don't like him to do so but it's just that It's just a dialogue. People wish for many things but not every wish comes true.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I'm interested in seeing which traditions of Black/White and the Original series they'll keep, and what traditions of Advanced/DP series they'll keep.

1. Will Ash have a revolving team of more than 6 pokemon like the formers, or a standardized 6 like the latters?

2. Will Ash represent a newbie trainer like the formers, or will he coach another newbie like the latters?

3. Will Ash have all 3 of the starters like the formers, or will they be distributed through the protagonists like the latters?

4. Will Ash not evolve a majority of his team like the formers, or will he evolve them including his starters like the latter?

5. Will Ash's companions be based solely on new characters he meets from those regions like the former, or will he keep old friends (such as Brock) like the latters?

The fact that I was able to maintain such a redundant syntax while typing that out shows how many parallels/patterns there are.

Back