• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Item Editor [A.I.E.]

xGal

Mhm
Years
pokemontutorialTV said:
Indeed the Tool is fully in GERMAN, if you want that the language is custom, please say it...
Most of the hackers in the site speak English, so that would be hard to work with German language if you don't know it :/.

Over all, That's a really great tool. Thanks for sharing it, I will definetly use it :).

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
It sucks that this is German :( It would be really useful to me, but I can wait.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
Your tool + google translate = c:

Really, I dont need know German to read the texts, I can try this night the tool, if I found a bug I report to you c:

Years
Woohoo! I have been waiting for an English release, and from the looks of the tool, it works and is much better than other Item Editors. Definitely going to use this :D. Although there is still German here and there.

Last edited:

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Erm, the English isn't working right for me, the only thing that does become English is the information in the ? popup, everything else remains German, is there anyone fluent in both languages that can at least translation the text in a post so we can have it like a little cheat sheet?

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Nope, still 99% German. ~_~ (Only Information and the pop up when you click the ? button is in English, everything else remains the same.) I might try re downloading it. (If it's worth anything my Single.dll is 1.0.0 while the editor itself is 0.1.3)

Last edited:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Yeah, I had the same problem. But from context clues, I knew what they were.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Love how TMs/HMs are integrated in! :) Fantastic tool.

On the English note, you have "recieve and heal HP of pokemon" as one of the effect options, but from the looks of it this should be "revives and heal HP...".

Hope this helps! :) I'll report anything else I see.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
In the image editing tab, does "button5" do anything? Or is that not meant to be there. :P

And I think I suggested this already but it would be great if we could actually edit the individual colors of the palette in the tool.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
hey i was using your tool and its great but unfortunately when looking through the tm/hms i saw this

New_Bitmap_Image.png

they are missing and using inacurate move names etc no biggie but it needs to be fixed if i am ever to make new tms with it

Edit: this seems to be a problem with my hack rom nvm

Edit: well this is odd when using a move editor it shows that all my moves are working it may because everything in my rom hack is no longer in all caps with a few exceptions so preety much decap idk if your item editor cant read moves that are decap or what but just in case i find i cant do without it id prefer if u looked into it just in case you and thanks

Last edited:

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
well my hack rom may be corrupt and for this reason alone i must restart the hack rom from the begging which is quite a pain

and i think the problem is that i manually decapped my hack rom which took a long time but this was before i discovered decap patches i of course applied a decap patch over my already decapped rom which might have caused some problems so starting over is a good idea anyways

Years
I'm having some issues using the same item description twice. When I insert the item description offset in a clear item description (the "?????" description), the description in the offset I inserted becomes "?????" too. How can I use Black Belt's description more than once?
Also, I can't seem to add item images. They are all 24x24 and with no more than 16 colors, but the program doesn't accept them. I have also decreased color depth to 16.
Any ideas?

EDIT: So I inserted both items images and respective palettes using Nameless Sprite Editor, but it was no good.
Everytime I tried adding either an image or a palette, the program would do this:
View attachment 75819
Tried importing, by loading offset, nothing works.
How can I add those images? And using the same description twice?

Last edited:
Years
The problem is, that items dont use all 16-palette-mode. If you insert palettes with NSE it will always import in 16-palette mode. If a image dont uses 16-bytes, you will corrupt images next behind and in front of the image.

I have an update. You can download by checking for new updates. It should fix the problem with the description and the importing of images.

It worked PERFECTLY!
I also tested using same description twice, not an error.
Love your tool man, it's just PERFECT! You should really post this here again, as version 0.5.
Thank you SO much man!

Last edited:
Back