• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Hey guys im having a problem with my script still. Its been awhile and I still cant figure it out.
After the battle, the rival says his lines and then disappears without doing the movement first.
Here's the script.

#dyn 0x740000
#org @begin
trainerbattle 0x1 0x211 0x0 @intro @defeat @after
end

#org @after
lock
msgbox @afterwards
callstd msg_normal
applymovement 0x10 @move
pauseevent 0x0
disappear LASTTALKED
setflag 0x251
release
end

#org @intro
= I will crush you!!!

#org @defeat
= You crushed me[.]

#org @afterwards
= I can also say something after the battle.

#org @move
= m walk_up walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end
Here's the events log in AM which i think might be the problem.
eventinfo.jpg

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
your problem is the applymovement 0x10 @move line...
Remember that 10 and 0x10 are not the same.
So either use applymovement 10 @move or applymovement 0xA @move...

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
your problem is the applymovement 0x10 @move line...
Remember that 10 and 0x10 are not the same.
So either use applymovement 10 @move or applymovement 0xA @move...
Thanks so much for helping me out, well now my script looks like this:
#org 0x874110A
'-----------------------------------
trainerbattle 0x1 0x211 0x0 0x874682C 0x87487E2 0x8746785
end

#org 0x8746785
'-----------------------------------
lock
msgbox 0x8750248 ' I can also say somet...
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
applymovement 0xA 0x885D5B2 ' walk_up walk_right w...
pauseevent 0x0
disappear LASTTALKED
setflag 0x251
release
end

#org 0x874682C
= I will crush you!!!

#org 0x87487E2
= You crushed me[.]

#org 0x8750248
= I can also say something after the battle.

#org 0x885D5B2
M walk_up walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

After the battle, he talks to you, then pauses, then disappears with no movement.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Not sure or it works, but try applymovement LASTTALKED OFFSET, it might work :)
thanks but that didnt work either :(
the script looks fine to me.
I think its a problem with my event log maybe. Or maybe because hes a trainer and its not an actual script?

Atterny

Pokemon Scarlet Head Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Ruby
Person Script (givepokemon)

Spoiler:

I debug and compile the script, and it all works fine, but when i talk to the person nothing happens, any ideas? (i think im missing something but i can't figure it out.)

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I decided to change something up in the hack I'm working on, but don't know how to go about it. I started with a script where you'd talk to a guy and he'd activate the Pokemon menu, the Running Shoes, give the player a Totodile, then "walk out" of the room. What I decided to do was change the script so that you have a choice between Squirtle, Totodile, or Mudkip, but everything else stays the same. So it would essentially be the same script as below, but he'd ask something like "Do you want Squirtle?" and you could either say "Yes" or "No, "So you want Totodile?" "Yes" or "No", "Well I heard you like Mudkip" "Yes" or "No". I've tried time & time again to get this, but I cannot. I don't know how to get it right, and I've tried playing around with other scripts of the same nature, but its not going good. Since I can't ask for a script, can someone give me some hints as to how to go about modifying the one below to get it to do what I want? The ROM is FireRed if it helps.
Spoiler:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I decided to change something up in the hack I'm working on, but don't know how to go about it. I started with a script where you'd talk to a guy and he'd activate the Pokemon menu, the Running Shoes, give the player a Totodile, then "walk out" of the room. What I decided to do was change the script so that you have a choice between Squirtle, Totodile, or Mudkip, but everything else stays the same. So it would essentially be the same script as below, but he'd ask something like "Do you want Squirtle?" and you could either say "Yes" or "No, "So you want Totodile?" "Yes" or "No", "Well I heard you like Mudkip" "Yes" or "No". I've tried time & time again to get this, but I cannot. I don't know how to get it right, and I've tried playing around with other scripts of the same nature, but its not going good. Since I can't ask for a script, can someone give me some hints as to how to go about modifying the one below to get it to do what I want? The ROM is FireRed if it helps.
Spoiler:

Changes in red.

There you go. All you need to do is make three parts of the script that will repeat endlessly if the player doesn't accept the Pokemon being offered. Obviously the msgboxs in each part will be where you put the text like "doo u liek mudkipz??" and stuff.

As a side note, you don't need to setflag 0x1200 in the script as you are already setting 0x828 and 0x82F to activate the Pokemon Menu and Running Shoes. If you have anyone with an ID of 1200 you can change it 828/ 82F and they will still disappear once the script has ended.

I'd also suggest that you start using an offset from 0x800000 onwards as you might be overwriting some code that appears to be empty space but is actually needed in graphics or something. You could experience effects similar to the pixilating of your main menu like earlier.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I'd also suggest that you start using an offset from 0x800000 onwards as you might be overwriting some code that appears to be empty space but is actually needed in graphics or something. You could experience effects similar to the pixilating of your main menu like earlier.

After I added in the messages it worked like a charm, thank you (: I'm using Free Space Finder to get my offsets, is there still a chance I could get one that appears to be empty if I use it?

Edit: I added "showpokepic" for the Pokemon and made sure to put in their respective numbers/coordinates for the images to appear as well as "hidepokepic", and it works fine. I get the pixelation on the menu account again though. I tried using "0x800001" and a few other offsets, but it still gets pixelated?

Last edited:

lazinicki

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
can anyone help me with a national dex script for FR! i have been trying diffrent scripts, playing wiht oaks orginal script, looking at past msgs on this board... but all of them are confusing!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
After I added in the messages it worked like a charm, thank you (: I'm using Free Space Finder to get my offsets, is there still a chance I could get one that appears to be empty if I use it?

Edit: I added "showpokepic" for the Pokemon and made sure to put in their respective numbers/coordinates for the images to appear as well as "hidepokepic", and it works fine. I get the pixelation on the menu account again though. I tried using "0x800001" and a few other offsets, but it still gets pixelated?

0x800000-0x8FFFFF is always going to be free space, so you won't have any problems there :)

If you go back a page or two you can see how to resolve the menu issues in one of my earlier posts.

can anyone help me with a national dex script for FR! i have been trying diffrent scripts, playing wiht oaks orginal script, looking at past msgs on this board... but all of them are confusing!

Inserting the National Dex is quiet easy as it only requires you to use the command 'special 0x16F' somewhere in your script, whereas the the ability to view the Dex in the main menu is unlocked in by the command 'setflag 0x828'.

If you are planning to insert the special command into Oak's script (and because you will be extending old script) repoint it so that you don't overwrite anything else.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2014
0x800000-0x8FFFFF is always going to be free space, so you won't have any problems there :)

If you go back a page or two you can see how to resolve the menu issues in one of my earlier posts.

Gah, I wish I had known that earlier. I would have just used offsets from there instead of using FSF. I found that post that you were talking about, but I didn't understand it, lol. I used an offset that contained image data, but appeared to be free space, that's all I got out of it :p

Years
No, he's asking how to check how Oak checks your progress on your Pokédex. I think it's a special or two, but the best way would be to debug Oak's script and find out.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
No, he's asking how to check how Oak checks your progress on your Pokédex. I think it's a special or two, but the best way would be to debug Oak's script and find out.

Thanks for the help.

Another quick question, does anyone know where to find the script that activates when all your Pokemon faint and you HAVENT been to a Pokemon Center yet? It's the one where you "scurry home" and your mom talks to you. Any idea where I could find it to edit it, or create a new script to replace it?

Thanks again.

Years
It's a level script, which looks something like this:

"#dynamic 0xOFFSET

#org @start
sethealingplace 0x1
end"

It's a level script for the downstairs of the player's house in FR, as they're forced to go into that map.

If you haven't set the first healing place, for some reason you end up into Blaine's gym and the Pokéballs glitch up. :/

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
It's a level script, which looks something like this:

"#dynamic 0xOFFSET

#org @start
sethealingplace 0x1
end"

It's a level script for the downstairs of the player's house in FR, as they're forced to go into that map.

If you haven't set the first healing place, for some reason you end up into Blaine's gym and the Pokéballs glitch up. :/

Oh okay, yeah I see it. How would I go about editing what MOM says and all that?

Thanks for all the help btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back