• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What are you working on?

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
Right now I'm finishing up maps for a town and a large cave. Also coded the classic rock-pushing puzzle mechanic into Evoas' custom engine, while thinking of new ways to use it.

Soon I'll start working on Evoas' first "dungeon", full trainers that use pokemon of one or two types, puzzles, a lead trainer, and a boss battle! The setting will be the HQ of Toxic Org, a group that's sort of a parody of Team Rocket and Team Flare. These guys only serve to introduce the player to the concept of dungeons, and don't actually have any significance on the plot at all. The plan is to have Toxic Org be introduced, headquarters infiltrated, and organization dismantled all in one act. This approach will fit nicely if Evoas releases episodically, which is very likely to happen.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Working on new version of Pokemon Essentials DS based on Essentials v13, have to finish two things in that then i will have release.

pokemon_essentials_ds_v1_0_sneak_by_venom12314-d77odg4.png

Years
I have hashed out more of the storyline. Hand Drawn my map to actually see the connections and figure out which towns and cities I want to include. Also figuring out the routes was tough. Because America isn't the smallest country in the world. Lots of states are left out (but talked about)

Nailed down main characters and gym leaders. Figured out which pokedex I will use and which sprites I will use. I also found some cool tilesets and am going to start making some of my own once I get a little better at lining things up.

That and a lot of research is what I did all week.

If you guys are reading my blog, I'll make a more detailed post there tonight. So you can see what the story looks like now. I expect to have some sort of screenshots and stuff later next week.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014

Worked on the professor intro sequence two days ago, and made a vid to present it to the community I regularly visit.

Since this is the first time I've shown anything regarding my project on this board, I'll explain it. The game is called Pokémon: RMN Version, and it's a fan game featuring Pokémon designed by members of the rpgmaker.net community, including myself. It was an event similar to that of Pokémon Sage, though not as complicated in its set-up. I'm pretty much working on putting the game together based on submissions by members of our community. (I'm not sure if I should link the event page here since I can't remember this board's stance on linking to other sites and stuff)

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017

Worked on the professor intro sequence two days ago, and made a vid to present it to the community I regularly visit.

Since this is the first time I've shown anything regarding my project on this board, I'll explain it. The game is called Pokémon: RMN Version, and it's a fan game featuring Pokémon designed by members of the rpgmaker.net community, including myself. It was an event similar to that of Pokémon Sage, though not as complicated in its set-up. I'm pretty much working on putting the game together based on submissions by members of our community. (I'm not sure if I should link the event page here since I can't remember this board's stance on linking to other sites and stuff)

I like the gender select. Although, this can be done elsewhere with the outfit feature (if you're using Essentials). For instance, you could buy the "Tough" costume later in a boutique. But it's all up to you.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
I like the gender select. Although, this can be done elsewhere with the outfit feature (if you're using Essentials). For instance, you could buy the "Tough" costume later in a boutique. But it's all up to you.

Yeah, I'm aware of that.

I started the event sometime before version 13 of Essentials was released, and since I already had the player-select system decided by then I was pretty much like "ah screw it" and kept it like this anyway.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Presently I've been working with Unity's GUI scripting to try and make a reasonably sophisticated system to handle dialog in my game. Right now it kinda looks like something from the Persona series, though a little bit different in that it uses mouse controls rather than button and directional input.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I'm in the process of beginning the planning stages of a new game idea. Each of my previous projects had stalled because of time and current life situation. Also i kept running out of ideas after just a few maps were done. this time though i believe i have something that will be concrete enough for me to actually complete the game.

I'm at the moment not trying to do anything groundbreaking, just want to get a game done, and not feel like i have to include certain aspects like (must have a legendary before elite 4) or (must have a villain of some kind or else no one will play it?). Without giving too much away, I'd like to say i think this is a new take on the pokemon games that i don't think anyone else has done. If i get enough progress that i can properly post a thread i will, but for now, just know that in time, I might be showing a new game for you guys to enjoy.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
Now that I've released Demo 3.1 of Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version, I'm looking into taking a well deserved, and fully intentional, break on F&P this time. I may get back to work on my commissioned project, Touhoumon Underground, work some more on Touhou x Command & Conquer: War of the Rice, or I may even get back to work on my PyWright port of Shin Gyakuten Touhou/Aya Shameimaru: Touhou Attorney. Chance are it'll be Underground, with a mix of Phantasy Star Online 2 thrown in because I took a break from that to finish Demo 3 of Faith & Prayer.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Everybody else is like, "I'm figuring out how to transfer the entire world onto a game," or, "I'm going to figure out how to add 1050 pokemon in one game." And I'm just here, sad and such.
And storyboarding. *sigh*. I wish I was better a computer stuff.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
Everybody else is like, "I'm figuring out how to transfer the entire world onto a game," or, "I'm going to figure out how to add 1050 pokemon in one game." And I'm just here, sad and such.
And storyboarding. *sigh*. I wish I was better a computer stuff.

Storyboarding is never a bad thing! It's always a good idea to draft out ideas, see what works, throw out what doesn't and replace it, wash rinse repeat. The basis behind any project - video game, written work, any type of media - requires story boarding to a large extent.

Years
Custom 3D X/Y models for Gmod

If you have read the team recruiting thread, then you know what's going on here. I'll explain anyway if you haven't been to that thread to read my post.

-Making 3D models in Blender
-Exporting them to the steam file known as .smd
-Adding the ragdoll models to the steam workshop

Here's my progress. Fennekin:
5ruNCI8.png

Chespin:
1ufZ2rM.png

The next few pokemon I'm going to try is Amaura and Aurorus, Xerneas, and Espurr

Jojirius

Jacuzzi Ant
Years
Working on storyboard, designing menu screens...waiting for a programmer for Pokemon Cinder Foam because we have a map, half our screens, most of our dex, and just need somebody who is willing to join the team long enough to put up tiles on a map.

This is what happens when you get a bunch of artists together with one programmer and then the programmer quits. :(

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Here Is Sneak Peak of what i'm working right now. It is other script that the one which is on the forum.

sneak_peak_of_essentials_ds_1_5_by_venom12314-d7eypt8.jpg

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I've been making some major rearrangements to the code behind how moves are used in battle. I'm hoping it'll still all work properly in the end. It'd be nice to have an accurate and detailed description of what exactly happens when a move is used (like this but for the whole move-using process).

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Music. Making as much music as possible lol. Just finished up another soundrack, and decided to upload the whole thing.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Taking far too long making a shiny form system for Eevee Edition.

Basically, it'll allow you to turn a normal pokemon into a shiny by using a rare item (which you get from wild shiny pokemon)

having 2 sets of graphics for facesets, backsprites and frontspirtes for all pokemon is actually kinda time intensive.

Back