• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Thanks Button Suggestion

Y/N

• Yes, Why not!

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • No, Bad idea.

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters

Prof.Oak

The Official Professor Oak !
Years
I think we should add a thanks button. This will show how much a user helps out on the forum. Maybe it can give benefits and points. This is just a vague suggestion that poped into my head while reading some threads. I'm still new here so if I have brocken any rules while posting this thread then tell me, I'll be sure to fix anything up :D

So yes or no?​

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Sounds like a good idea, I've always sort of wanted to do that rather than the classic d(''d) post comment. xD But I'm sure it could be abused like the rep system was. I'm not sure if there's boundaries we could add to stop that or anything, I don't know. :T

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I really don't find a significant point to it. If you want to help someone and don't/can't reach them through VM or PM, make a comment about their post saying "thanks."
It can be just as useful without having to add anything.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
and isn't it easier to just use the add rep button?

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
Most people read posts because they don't have to click something other than the thread.
I still say this is a rather useless suggestion. Plus, we already have the post comment system.

Staff look at posts more than poll results too, you know.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Rep was removed because of people abusing it and people like spey crying over every neg rep they got

I remember that; I hated him for that.
But in all honestly, what counts as a system?
If a system is something that normal members can use, then of course it is abused. If it can be, it will be, especially with a large forum like this.
And rep wasn't "removed"; it was watered down, except in a good way :\
You just don't get those green pips to increase your ego. Your word usage just seemed a little off.
To be more on topic, the polls don't really matter for the most part. They don't say "oh, thread X got Y amount of polls voting yes" because as we all know, just because the majority wants it, doesn't mean that it is a good idea.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I can see everyone dislikes this idea. xD
But please, be calm about it. The original poster is new here, and is actually a good newbie as far as I can tell. So let's be respectful here. Obviously the idea will not pass but you don't need to be rude about it...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
this sounds just like reputation's original purpose, and we all know how that turned out. >_>

In the interim you can use the post comment system to leave thanks anonymously, or PM/VM them is you don't want to be anonymous. :P

Years
I enjoyed the last system... although I went away before it was abused... so I wasn't there for the whole deal of it...
But I'd like to see a good effort being put into a system that doesn't get abused, say, a limiter on the rep a person can give in a day or something...
perhaps you can only give 1 positive and 1 negative rep per user, per day.
but then you'd have the problem of multiple user creation etc, so perhaps a user can't give rep until they have a certain postcount?
basically, if you can apply as many failsafes as possible, it could work.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
I remember that; I hated him for that.

You hated him just for that? You know, that is a one-way limited type of thinking over things an these systems.
Just because you never had any problem with, and got fair reputation all the time, doesn't mean that it was fair to everyone else too.
I, for one, knew that it was seriously abused for Spey, and also abused for me.
People rarely seem thankful for good things done, but will spring to give you negative rep even if they just hate your opinion.

As for the thanks system, it is a bad idea just for similar reasons.
Anyways, it's not like it is needed in any way when you can just PM or VM, or post comment to be anonymous.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
Most of the time when I've seen "Thanks" buttons on forums are generally for file-sharing sites, which PC certainly is not. In Q&A threads they may be of some use, but I don't think PC is the type of forum that needs it. After all, making another post or using the post comment system (like mentioned above) to give thanks seems more than enough. "Thanks" buttons are really a lot more thoughtless than actually having to type a comment in my opinion, I know I've clicked on a few before systematically just because someone had uploaded stuff I wanted in a few posts. I would like to see another system reinstated here, because that kind of award system is nice, but with rep being so abused last time I highly doubt this will ever happen.

Back