• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese or English Black/White?

What version of B/W are you getting?

• Total voters

Electrovenom

Often lost in thought
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 23, 2010
Couldn't find a thread about this so made a new one, excuse me if there is one, or if this isn't in the roght section.

Anyway, will you be importing the Japanese version of Black/White or waiting until it's been translated and released in English (or what other language you use). Or will you not be buying the Gen V game?

I'll probably be waiting until it's released in the UK. Build up my excitement, somewhat :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I'll be waiting for American release. I don;t mind spoiling myself as to the pokemon designs and all that, but I want to stay away from story details beyond the beginning of the game as long as possible. XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Same as Cloud197.

I want to get the Japanese Pokémon White version and then get the American Pokémon Black version once they are released in the U.S. Though, I highly doubt I'll be able to get the Japanese version, but I hope I do.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
Years
I'll just wait for it to be available in the US. I don't see the point in paying more money to get a game in a language that I don't fully understand.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
Years
I'll be waiting for the English release. I just don't know how I'm going to be able to wait 9-10 months. Japan is getting it in 3-4 months. BAAAAAAAAAWWW

Years
It's called deliberate internet speak.

Moving on, Black & White will be DSi-compatible. The DSi region locking will apply to DSi-compatible games, DSi-exclusive games and DSi Ware. This means that DSi-compatible titles will not work on a DSi that doesn't match the region of the game.

On the topic, I have a Japanese DSi. I also read Japanese. Guess what I'll be playing.
1. (almost)EVERY GAME IS DSI COMPATIBLE(seeing that you can play any Ds game on a DSi and you can play B&W on a normal DS so its not DSi exlusive)
2. I have an english DSi and play many japanesse games
3. They get more sells if people can import

now back on topic
I am going to buy both in japanesse and both in english
I'm just a fanatic lol

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2011
i might download a translated version of the game, then buy it when it comes out here. im very very impatient :D

Rain

Years
I'm going to import the games!
I've been importing, since Platinum. I import because I'll end up reading about the games on a website and spoil it for myself if I don't import.
So I'd rather play through it myself instead of reading about the games on a fansite months before the English release.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
were the heck do you import them from??? i wanna import black any ideas on how to do that i need a new importing site the link would be awesome and ill buy white over here in its real realease (i know is not out yet)

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
No doubt from me, i'm definitely going with the English version. I can wait a few extra months of people talking about it etc.

Jack

ego
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2020
Get the Japanese one for my R4, then im going to buy a english version once its released in the US of A.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
ROM White (Jap), Buy Black (Eng) then later White (Eng) so I can have both. Why? Well, because I always do that, except for the 4th gen, since I waited way too long to get it and Platinum came out.

Davav

Pokemon Master Trainer
Years
Dudes I have been thinking,
Japanse or english doesn't matter it is only the names.

I am gonna play it for sure!

Have you seen legendaries!

They are awesome!

Last edited:
Back