• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Johto Adventures - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Pokemon Johto Adventures - Rebirth

johtoadventuresawardcopy.png

Basic Info
Name: Pokemon Johto Adventures
Author: Co500
Hack of: FireRed

Features
#Return to Johto
#Adventure through the episodes of the Johto Saga (Seasons 3,4 and 5 of the Anime)
#Meet and travel with characters such as Brock,Misty,Casey,Pikachu, and many more!
#New, interesting scripts
#New maps
#Catch pokemon that Ash catches in the Anime...or catch your favorites

Reason for Creation
This being the revival of the hack most of you know why I made this but just in case you don't:
I saw that many people are trying to make hacks for the 1st season of the Anime, but I thought "what about the 3rd season and onwards?" Maybe it's because people are too lazy to remap Johto or people haven't thought of the idea. I made this hack to show these people that an anime hack doesn't have to be about the first season. I also wanted people to experience the Johto episodes, and hopefully I will succeed.

Story
Most of us have watched the Anime, therefore we know the basic jist of the storyline. You are Ash Ketchum (or whatever name you choose ). Your dream is to become a Pokemon Master, and to accomplish that you must win the Johto League by collecting the 8 badges of gyms scattered throughout the region. The story begins when you arrive at a mysterious path on the way to New Bark Town. On your adventure, expect to relive the Anime moments that we all love...from seeing a suicune to battling Harrison in the Johto Silver Conference. However, there have been reports that 3 people (or 2 and a pokemon....) have made it to Johto and are up to no good...can they be the silly Team Rocket with the bad jokes that followed you around Kanto? We'll just have to wait and see...

Screen Shots
Spoiler:

Completed Episodes
Spoiler:

Downloads!
Alpha 2.1

Bugs
For this part when I release the new ips (hopefully on the 4th) I would like the community to tell me every glitch, error, or freezing that occurs during your play through. If its a text error could you please post a screen shot as that would be quicker and easier for it to be fixed.

Team
Me! Mapper/Scripter/OW/Sprite inserter/Anything else

Awards

Spoiler:

Credits
Ckret2
Manipulation
Sergo.!
Hackmew
Coronis
KostK
School Kid John
Thethethethe
WesleyFG
Samike360

Banners.
Spoiler:

Codes.
Spoiler:

pikachurun.gif
Any suggestions to improve this post is welcome.​

Last edited:

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
Love the idea, and interesting hack hope it goes well for you I like it^^

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
pikachurun.gif
#UPDATE
pikachurun.gif

More of a graphical update and some new screenshots! I've changed the Misty OWs although I think that they look abit strange, so your opinions are welcome! Also, should I leave Suicune to disappear and reappear or not?

Short list to be added:
#Add new Misty Overworld
#Add Spinarak Overworld
#Add more of Brocks movements
#Change Pikachu's Overworld

New Screenshots!
Spoiler:

New screenshots of further episodes will be added soon :)

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2016
I have played up to Snubbull Snobbery and so far i have enjoyed playing it :D. Only thing is i can't find Snubbull :(. But you are doing a great job, and i like the remaking of the Johto series and how its different, but similar to Metapod23's Ash Gray :D. I can't wait for more of this :D

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
I have played up to Snubbull Snobbery and so far i have enjoyed playing it :D. Only thing is i can't find Snubbull :(. But you are doing a great job, and i like the remaking of the Johto series and how its different, but similar to Metapod23's Ash Gray :D. I can't wait for more of this :D

Ah a few people have had that problem, I think iI'll put some screentshots in a spoiler if anyone gets stuck

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
Metapod's Ash Gray hack is so great and yours shall follow...it will be a gread compliment... Even Serg!o's Unfinished Pokemon Orange...could be totally remastered by Metapod but great job...love the idea of finally a gama worth playing...cause to be honest the new games suck....best one's were the first three generations up to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2016
It will be much appreciated if you put up the screenshots to that part, because i would love to be able to continue on :D

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Hurray! It's back!
champagne.jpg

I expect good things from this now, so don't disappoint me.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
I'm so glad someone's doing this! I can't wait for you to do the Ash v Gary battle with the epic Charizard v Blastoise part, good luck!

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Looks intriguing and fun, but I want to wait for the beta at least before downloading and testing it out ;) Anyway, good luck to you, hope it all goes well!

I do have thing to say though - FIX THE BROKEN SCREENSHOTS! I want to see moooooaaaar! :)

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Looks intriguing and fun, but I want to wait for the beta at least before downloading and testing it out ;) Anyway, good luck to you, hope it all goes well!

I do have thing to say though - FIX THE BROKEN SCREENSHOTS! I want to see moooooaaaar! :)

Hmm they seem to be working fr me, i might reupload them to a different site

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years

Well... they do work for you 'cause you are the owner of the Dropbox folder which seems to be private =D

Dammit. I'm such a noob

Changing it now

Update!

Some of you are asking where to find Snubbull when he runs off so here are the areas where he hides!
Spoiler:

These are all in order e.g after you find him in the first screenshot, he will be at the second, then the third. Once you fight Snubbull, he will dissappear afterwards, head back to the house to see the woman

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2020
Well, your srceenshots still have problems, I can't see them. And this time, unlike other problems I have on other sites, it's not from my computer.
Still didn't find the third spot.

Last edited:

smilewolfy

pokemon photographer
Years
hmm, this hack is great :D but It may just be me that thinks so, but I kind of think the wild Pokemon levels are too high unless I don't use Bulbasaur or Squirtle :/ But I'm sure plenty of others are enjoying it, so don't change levels because of me.

Speaking of levels, I think Heracross should be around lv 10 when you get him, since the wild pokemon in the area are like level 12-15.

also, what's happening with charizard? And Casey should have a Rattata and Pidgey XD

Well, that's just my feedback, I hope you do well with this game and finish it =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back