• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dark Shadows

What Starter should have the second event?

• Treecko

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Chikorita

• Bulbasaur

• Charmander

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Squirtle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
Dark Shadows (teaser 0.4)

POKÉMON DARK SHADOWS
picture.php

background is copyrighted at this website
umbreon render is created by one of the staff members of cavern of mew
Base: Fire red
First starter event chosen! It will be Totodile! I will have him in the update following the one with the first GYM so stay tuned
Second one is Cyndaquil! He has been selected for the second event. As the first two were from the 2nd gen i am going to
have chicorita as the last as i don't know how to add a new poll XD The other starters will be included but not in the way these
ones were you will understand what i mean in the next update which should come soon! Stay tuned!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Introduction
Hello, I'm Neon Hydra. This is my first hack so i would like to see what you guys think.

Story
In this game there are two teams one is known as Team Dusk who has found a way to make new Pokémon more powerful than the originals. They are mutating Pokémon to bring out their true potential. As a side effect of the mutations a new Pokémon type is created. This type is Demonic, but in a accident in the facility some of the "Experiments" have escaped. The other is Team Pure, They are trying to eliminate Team Dusk and the easiest way to do that is to destroy their work, but their methods arn't the nicest. You live in the town of Sainar and that is where you start your Journey, but you soon find yourself mixed up in this struggle over power.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features (this is what the end result will have)
progress legend
Spoiler:

S New region
F New starter triangle
S New Hero\Heroine sprites (intro and Trainer card images replaced and starting OW insertion) (credit goes to AuroraHearts for her awsome sprites)
S All possible battles will be double battles
F Evolution Overhaul (all evolutions are extended to remove that endless haul to lvl 100)
N New legendaries (preview in screen shots)
N New Pokémon type : Light and Demonic
F Running inside
F Ability to buy Ether's at the pokemart
F Get national dex right away (note this is in < 0.3)
S Will catch all 2 gen starters (not nessiraraly in the way you expected)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screen Shots
Spoiler:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bugs: (if anyone knows how to fix this please say so) --------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gym Leaders
1. Jake : Bug (Me)
2. Kai : Ice (AuroraHearts)
3. Kendo : Fighting (type by Rozen)
4. Aero : Flying (type by Rozen)
5. Iris : Grass (vietazn654)
6. Ivy : Poison (type by Rozen)
7. Rozen : Water(type by Rozen)
8. Dark (type suggested by both Rozen and AuroraHearts)

Team
Me - Mapper, scripter, beta tester
AuroraHearts - Spriter of Hero's, Ideas
BlindBommer - Beta tester, mapper, Ideas
Zom Zoomg - Demonic Spriter
Rozen - Gym Leader\Elite 4 moveset creator

Looking for:
Trainer\pokemon spriter
Tile inserter (mabye)
OW spriter
pokemon battle spriter
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beta's
Teaser 0.1
Teaser 0.2
Teaser 0.3 (this adds the TOTODILE event to the game and fixes the warps in MT.Shadow)
Teaser 0.4 (second gym among other things)
Banners
Spoiler:

FAQ
Q: What is a teaser?
A: This is what I have created for the game so far. It is a preview of the game somilar to an alpha/beta I guess...

Q: I want to help.
A: If you wish to help in some way PM me saying the aspect in which you want to help with.

Q: When is the next update?
A: When I'm done it....

Q: I have a suggestion for a Demon/Light Pokemon.
A: I am open to suggestions just post here or PM me.

Q: When is It going to be finished?
A: Define finished.... after the main plot/story is done I intend to continue to add stuff to make the game better and replayable.

Q: I like this hack and want to help, but I don't know how to do any of the stuff you are looking for...
A: If you can't help but want to show your support please put one of the banners in your signature or you could even make a banner for the game.

Credits
hero sprites: AuroraHearts
D totodile front sprite:Zomzoomg
D totodile back sprite:Myself
gym leaders/Elite 4: Rozen

Demon/light sprite idea list
Spoiler:

Update Arcive
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
You use a program by hackmew called A-ptch you can get it from here. You will need a rirered rom to patch and that is it have fun with the teaser. Please tell me if you find any bugs

@sceptile I think i am fine for mapping sorrry but thanks for the offer

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
yay! this thread is back ^_^

ive finished one of the sprites, i just need your "ok" on it
or i need you to tell me if it needs improving in anyway ^_^
but i have no idea how to send it to ya :3

if you want i can draw em out for you first, like the game art kinda thing..

oh n are you gna have demonic versons of a pokemon?
like for example, a normal pikachu, then a demonic pikachu?

ps - when you do get the sprites, use a programme called unLZ.gba to import the graphics into the rom :)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Looks good
exepct the player in a screenshot is on the walls/mountain bit

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
@AuroraHearts (man i hope i spelled that right) Great to hear you can send the sprite via PM i think. Demonic? Yes i am going to do that sort of thing. I have a friend who has done a few already. I have already used unlz before so hopefully i can use it properly. Can't wait to see the sprite :) Tell me if you can't send it that way.

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
yup you spelt it right ^_^

mwaha, you should check your emails again
i tried to make the guy and girl look similar with each other so that people who play the game wont think that ones better lookin than the other

hope your ok with the designs :3

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Erm... isn't the Dark type already sort-of demonic? Houndour and Houndoom are based on demons, as are Nocil, Lacefer and Malidist in my hack.

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
Erm... isn't the Dark type already sort-of demonic? Houndour and Houndoom are based on demons, as are Nocil, Lacefer and Malidist in my hack.

i think what neon hydra is trying to do is to make it a bit like pokemon collosium/XD gale of darkness, but instead of shadow pokemon, its demonic pokemon
*maybe demonic pokemon are an even stronger version of dark pokemon? we'll never know unless we play it :)

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
right now im not going to say anything about the demonic/light but if you make some connections then you might be able to predict somthing from the 1st post.... crud did i really just do that.

@AuroraHearts I am going to try inserting the sprites in now wish me luck

@everyone else (and mabye aurora) I have with much medeling finished the first city and GYM expect a new teaser soon!

Years
The organisation of the first post is a bit messy.. The "bugs" section, it's unclear if you actually still need help fixing them. Therefore, I shall attempt.
It seems the "bugs" lie in the scripts. The pre-made scripts don't know your new professor is called Flint, so you have to change said scripts.
The Unlimited-Paralyz-Heal, that's like a flag problem or something. (I haven't spent long enough scripting yet, so I can't give a definate answer). It's the script, anyway, so examine it.
Now, my comments.
The maps need work, in my opinion. There's far too much blank space around the player's house there. The foresty/routey one, in the second and third screen, is... Poor, frankly. The trees are randomly placed, as is the grass. "Natural mapping" has turned into an excuse for those who don't want to spend much time mapping, for the majority of people. Look, you could barely take two or three steps without walking in tall grass, which would get old fast.
Anyway, the screen beneath those is an edit of route 1, I'm willing to bet. If I'm right, my advice is this...
When starting a new map, wipe out the original with the black tile, first. That way, you're not inclined to stick to the guidelines of the original map, making yours unique, and new.
The starters work. I know this because I've used those exact Pokemon in a previous hack, but I've reverted to the official type-triangle, so you're safe :D
Ok, good luck.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
The bugs i have listed are fixed for the next version i left them there so people wouldn't name them. I do actually use the blank tecknique but it is still hard to remove the overall feeling. I don't quite understand what you are saying in most cases you can't take any steps without hiting grass.

Last edited:

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
Ok guys teaser 0.2 is up. There are quite a few bug fixes and the first gym has been added once again please report any bugs.
O and btw i am trying to decide which type the next gym leader should be and their name. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Last edited:

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
oh i have an idea!
the next gym leader can be ice, and he could be called Kai?
coz i like that name, its cool... like ice ;)

*and cold... like my jokes... very cold XD

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
sounds good i will add it along with my lame name for the first gym leader

@alta no prob one sec

um i removed the spoiler tags is that ok

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
Hey! If you still need an idea for a gym leader, how about gym leader Iris, a grass type leader? Iris means rainbow in Greece, so I would say her badge would be Rainbow Badge, but Erika stole it :p

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
I like that i will add it to the list. btw is there any pokemon you think they might have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back