• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Musicians' Corner

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Cosmotone, I'll be honest Garageband doesn't really give you as much to work with as Logic. I suggest moving to that, it's really good =)

droomph

weeb
Years
Bah, I've been kinda busy with nothing lately ><

Also Logic is $200, and the extra side-programs are about $50 and it's about 50 gigs big, not everyone can afford (or store) that.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Despite not being active on this club, may I ask if you know how to record a electric guitar. If so perhaps upload a video or a tutorial?

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Droomph hows composing the song going xD?

And yeah I think $200+ is pretty steep if you're not 100% committed to it. Garageband is definitely not a bad starting program!

Kroso, I'll try and get around to making that tutorial as well as the other one for uploading music. I'll do it tomorrow :)

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Cosmotone, I'll be honest Garageband doesn't really give you as much to work with as Logic. I suggest moving to that, it's really good =)
I know, especially because its only on my iPad since I can't get it on my dell computer... >_>
I will look into it. :) I was planning on switching to something else, but I wasn't sure what to switch to. I've also heard FL Studio is good, but I have no idea, XD.
Wait, its $200? O_O That definetly changes things a lot.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Yessshhhh I went there. And I had too much fun making this >_>

Me and the husbando duet that infamous Nyan Cat song. XD Also a random doodle to go with it lul

Kageroza-kun poptart cat ftw.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Such good news. Someone helped me fix resamplers for Kurue's voice. :3 But they still will never work for Tetsunori. >_> So now potentially less noise will be in Kurue's files. Sweeeeet. I'm so happy. XD

Also yeah I love Nyan cat XD <3

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Thats really good news Kurui! Does it work much better now? I look forward to seeing your new work and the noise reduction you can no do :)

That Nyan cat thing was good but also annoying.. Never did like that original video either haha.

On another note hows everyones parts going on our God Knows project?

And hows your project going Droomph?

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Found an UTAU recording program called Oremo. Tried it out, resampler FREESAMP now works great. I'll need to re-record her 'ah' though, and do some noise removal in syllables but you can already tell just using that program + new resampler and she is already like %80 less robotic twangy~

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=34111957

^ Sample.

I found out that some of my robot-ness was because I record my samples so short. So now I am making them about .5-1 seconds longer. I sound much more natural now you can tell~

Also sorry I didn't mix it so its kinda muffledy but you can still tell the smoothness is super improved.

~~**~~

Oh right. I'm waiting on the instrumental from you guys to record to now. I think I got the song mostly down.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
When I get all the records from everyone else I should be able to play it well enough myself and I'll do a rough mix for you to sing over? Or would you prefer the finished version to just record your lyrics over the top of it?

Also I'm really sorry everyone I didnt get enough time today to do a recording demo :( I'll try to do one tomorrow night and I'll try and finish the uploading tutorial and edit this post and put it in spoilers on the front page. Thanks for the patience everyone!

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Well enough to where I can sing to it and get the timing and notes right. I know it isn't going to sound exactly like the origional or anything so I want to be sure I can sing it right. It doesn't have to be completely finished but it needs to be around the same track we'll be using.

My cousin made an UTAU. I'll show her off soon once I get some good song mixes. XD

Annnnd the rough theme for my team's game is done, and it's a pretty one, so I will show it off~

http://soundcloud.com/rayfan9876-absolution/supposed-adytum-theme

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Okay Kurui, I'll get the a rough version up once I get everyones parts, still waiting for updates on the bassist and the drummer. How are you two going? Is everything going okay and are you guys still fine with doing it??

It's great that you're always happy to share your creations with us :) It's fantastic.

Years
Username: krokorok
Instrument(s) played: guitar, bass, piano, and drums
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: i'd be down to try so sure!

i don't really have any means of recording music currently though but me and my friend are starting a studio sometime in the near future

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Username: krokorok
Instrument(s) played: guitar, bass, piano, and drums
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: i'd be down to try so sure!

i don't really have any means of recording music currently though but me and my friend are starting a studio sometime in the near future

Welcome to the club Krokorok!
Thats a few instruments, how long have you been playing them for.

Do you not have a microphone anywhere? Like a mic on a laptop or something?

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Hi CWP, yet another one of your great clubs for me to join ;)
Username: Jericho
Instrument(s) played: Singer, Saxophone, tenor saxophone, clarinet, Acoustic guitar and a little bit of drums
Are you willing to collaborate with other members:
Of course!! I have been into music my whole life and took it all throughout school, music is the thing that gets people going, and i have always enjoyed playing music for people!
I specialize mostly in saxophone but i play a lot of different types of musics/songs
And if i may say so myself, i am very good with coming up with songs and tunes right at the spot, and without looking at sheet music.

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Hello.
Username: 8bitSilence
Instrument(s): Alto saxophone, I have basic knowledge of FL Studio, trying to figure out Ableton Live.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Umm....ahh..no...no not really. :(
I'm into most types of music, but I can't stand rap or country. I'm sorry, I just can't...

I've played saxophone for 6 years. Used FL Studio for a little less than a year. Less than a week of experience with Ableton Live. I play piano to the point where I can sight read very basic songs, although I'm not really good. My first instrument was the recorder, because pretty much everyone plays the recorder lol.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome to the club Jeri and 8BIT!
Its great to see more members :) You both seem to play the saxophone as your main instrument, I think you two will definitely get along well, you might be able to do things together. You guys should try to work out something together and do some collaboration! Woooooo.

How are our drummer and bassist for God Knows going? You guys getting it done well??

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Hello.
Username: 8bitSilence
Instrument(s): Alto saxophone, I have basic knowledge of FL Studio, trying to figure out Ableton Live.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Umm....ahh..no...no not really. :(
I'm into most types of music, but I can't stand rap or country. I'm sorry, I just can't...

I've played saxophone for 6 years. Used FL Studio for a little less than a year. Less than a week of experience with Ableton Live. I play piano to the point where I can sight read very basic songs, although I'm not really good. My first instrument was the recorder, because pretty much everyone plays the recorder lol.

I have been playing the saxophone for a long time too, and i must say i love it, its easy to play, and wonderful to listen to.
And its great to know that i'm not the only person that likes it!!

Back