• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen No RNG Abuse in X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Not sure if many of you would know this, but since Pokemon X&Y will be on 3DS, that means there will NOT be any RNG abuse for quite some time. I've spoken with quite a few experts on the subject that I keep in my company, and the 3DS has NOT been cracked yet and the ROMs are encrypted. There is no emulator for them to RAM watch in.

How will this affect you? Will it make you more likely or less likely to enjoy the game?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I never bother with Shinies or IV's anyway so this doesn't really affect me but I can imagine it would spark some controversy for Shiny Hunters.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't RNG but I don't think this is a good thing. :( I mean, it'll change DS competitive completely, because unless you're extremely lucky you aren't going to get good IVs. Perhaps it'll make more people revert to simulators. it'll also make my good IV but not perfect mons seem okay if I traded them to gen 6!!!

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Woot? Seriously? RNGing for in-game? There's no point at all.

When we talk about competitive... I hope we'll get some evolutions of Pokemon that had been already released so I won't bother with 6th Gen RNG for quite a bit. Also, seeing how RNG mechanics got easier in BW and BW2, I think this will be the case in 6th Gen so it will stay easy.

Last edited:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
This greatly affects me for the time being, mainly because of playing in VGCs which you need flawless mons to even stay competitive. I'm sure they will figure it out eventually, it's going to really take some time but I'm sure some of the people that I know will figure out how to crack it. Also because it is a world wide release, we don't have a shot of doing it before like we have in the past. Meaning the first time we get to see any type of RNG is when the game is released, and that's not just here in the US it's anywhere. I'm sure eventually they will crack it, I have faith in OD (Omega Donut).

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Competitive will take a hit, but there are still flawless Ditto you can import (assuming we can import) so IV breeding will become a much more viable option when trying to use 6th gen mons. Otherwise, all the existing Pokemon can still be RNGed. I don't really RNG, but I do see the potential for this to ruin CB for a while.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
While I RNG, this shouldn't affect me too much. I'm already quite satisfied with Gen V RNGing. Like what Griffinbane and Mac has said, because of this, more people should start coming by the Trade Corner, which is something I would be looking foward to.

Also I'm long overdue when it comes to learning IV breeding anyways. Though I could wait until Gen VI to learn.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
It pretty much means back to IV breeding new pokemon for all of us, yay! But since we can still RNG the old ones, gen 5 will still be widely used, I'll bet. Still, this sorta disappoints me because with new gen already coming out (BW didn't come out THAT long ago!), gen 5 battles and rulesets and EVERYTHING official wifi is already defunct. :(

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I breed for IV all the time. Much easier than RGN. That stuff will melt your brain just reading about it! Too complex for me.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
At first I didn't care about it and then I saw the trailer...
Now I'm really sad I won't be able to RNG some Gen 6 cuties.
I have IV bred before and will do it if I have too. :/

Years
I still have no idea how to RNG exactly, so I don't have much problem with it. However, I understand that it's one of the most significant ways to get ideal Pokemon for competitive battling, so I do feel for those people.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
This greatly affects me for the time being, mainly because of playing in VGCs which you need flawless mons to even stay competitive.

If nobody has access to PRNG abuse to get perfect Pokémon, then why would you need to have access to that to compete in tournaments?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
As long as we can still migrate forward, we can have perfect Pokemon from every generation but this new one. Could that affect the usage of the newer Pokemon as not everyone will be able to make them super awesome? Maybe.

Then again, if they can't fix the GTS exploit, people can make perfectly legal looking Pokemon on their computers and "trade" them into their games, so it probably won't make a difference. If people want to stay competitive but can't RNG, they'll migrate forward and GTS exploit in those they can't.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I actually have no idea what RNG abuse is and what it entails. The only thing I ever really do is soft reset for shinies (with no hacking device, because they are ew), so as long as it doesn't interfere with that I won't be bothered in the slightest bit.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
If nobody has access to PRNG abuse to get perfect Pokémon, then why would you need to have access to that to compete in tournaments?

He didn't say you that need them to be in the tournament themselves. You can go compete with normal or IV bred Pokemon if you wish to do so. What he meant was that in order to have a higher chance of winning or qualifying for any higher tournaments, RNGed Pokemon are ideal since they have the upper hand in terms of IVs and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back