• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO]Rate/Improve my Deck!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Ok, so I've changed my Deck to revolve around a particular monster type. I would appreciate any tips on improving it. Note: Dark Magician Girl is in the Deck because she's my favorite card, and Magician's Valkyria is in as backup for DMG, so any comments about removing those three cards will be ignored.

23 Monsters
1 Dark Magician Girl
2 Magician's Valkyria
1 The Agent of Mystery - Earth
1 Airknight Parshath
1 Nova Summoner
2 Marshmallon
1 Splendid Venus
1 Spirit of the Harp
1 Winged Kuriboh
1 Winged Kuriboh LV10
1 Athena
1 Soul of Purity and Light
1 Zeradias, Herald of Heaven
1 The Agent of Creation - Venus
1 Guardian Angel Joan
1 Honest
1 Master Hyperion
1 Tethys, Goddess of Light
1 Hanewata
1 Shining Angel
1 The Agent of Wisdom - Mercury

15 Spells
1 Monster Reincarnation
1 Monster Reborn
1 Mausoleum of the Emperor
1 The Sanctuary in the Sky
1 Gold Sarcophagus
1 Magical Mallet
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Hammer Shot
1 Block Attack
1 Swords of Revealing Light
1 Banner of Courage
1 Transcendent Wings
1 Fairy Meteor Crush
1 Mage Power
1 Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen

8 Traps
1 Magic Cylinder
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Sakuretsu Armor
1 Dust Tornado
1 Raigeki Break
1 Mirror Force
1 Defense Draw

Total 46 Cards

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I would take off

Nightmare Steelcage -> You could replace it with a Sword of Revealing Light, which is better for you in every way.

Marshmallon -> Do you really need 2? Even so, 1?

Man Eater Bug -> It pops a monster yes, but also slows down your draws.

Those are the main priorities that I would take out. They seem to slow down your deck.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
There are loads of random cards in there, like the Armed Dragons, the Kuribohs, Silent Swordsman LV5 and Emerald Tortoise. IMO, they need their own decks to work. You need to focus on one theme of the deck and it seems that Spellcasters are prominent (Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl). I wouldn't put too much focus on Gilford, as he's somewhat hard to bring out and this deck has a rough time with getting out many monsters on the field at once.

Also, Snowman Eater > Man-Eater Bug. It doesn't get screwed over by Nobleman of Crossout if 2-3 copies of it are used, as Snowman Eater isn't a Flip Effect monster.

Removing the non-Spellcaster monsters would be a start for this deck. Adding in several copies of Gagaga Magician and Gagaga Girl in the deck would make summoning Sorcerer of Dark Magic (or Xyz Summoning) easier. However, the Gagagas are weak on their own, so you'll need to bring them out quickly before your opponent has a chance to destroy them. Cards like Magician's Circle or Mystic Tomato would help.

Effect Veiler would also be worth considering as she temporarily stops your opponent from making big plays with their monsters.

I don't rate YGO decks too often, so anyone here can elaborate/expand.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
First of all, are you playing vs casuals or trying to make it competitive? This will heavily influence what advice I give you. Second of all, your deck could use a theme (if possible).

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
First of all, are you playing vs casuals or trying to make it competitive? This will heavily influence what advice I give you. Second of all, your deck could use a theme (if possible).

To be honest, I'm planning on entering a tournament, once I find the time to. However, this deck has not been tested, even in casual duels.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
What can I say, what a (sort-of?) necropost.

Um, that aside, that doesn't answer my question. Do you have a budget? What kind of deck would you like? et cetera.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Given that DMG is his favorite card I'd assume that a Dark Magician deck would be one he'd like.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Given that DMG is his favorite card I'd assume that a Dark Magician deck would be one he'd like.

That would be a good deck for me, however my card options are severely limited. Also, whoever said that I was male?

Last edited:
Back