• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misanthropy and Humankind

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
So. I see a lot of people that are apparently misanthropic online and, to a lesser extent, in real life. What are your opinions on humankind? Do you loathe this species, or think humans are a plague? Why do you think there is so much misanthropy? What is the state of humankind in general?

Years
Some days I really hate people. Usually it's when I'm tired and stressed and have little tolerance for the idiosyncrasies of everyone I have to interact with. People can be terribly inhumane and wretched, but I think that if you educate people, provide them with basic necessities, give them respect and opportunities to better themselves, then they're not so bad.

So, yeah, I think it's just that people get caught up in day-to-day things. Lots of us have to struggle in one way or another so we have to think of ourselves first or we'd go crazy. It's just an unfortunate side effect that it means we shortchange other people in the process.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
There's a reason why deities, extraterristrial life, and artificial intelligence belittle humankind in TV shows, movies, video games, and comics, because we are the most violent animals they have ever laid eyes on. We've been a violent species ever since the day we've walked on Earth thousands of years ago by driving animals to extinctions, slaughtering each other for our views, and overpopulating our presence around the world thus leaving very little resource to maintain it. It makes you sympathise with the antagonists who plan to either wipe out the whole species in general or recreate the world in their vision and view humans as the real villains because of how they keep reusing the whole human spirit nonsense that's being shoved down our throats. We're also too lazy to fix the problems we create when they promised they'll do something about it soon, but the problem grows worse a few years later.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I generally dont really like people. I think that sometimes they expect too much and are too selfish and impatient and can rude/not nice to others. Thats really the problems I have with people. Honestly if I can avoid talking to people unless nessesary I do so.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Human beings are very difficult to deal with because we all have very unique personalities and are all dealing with our own problems in our own ways. A lot of times, other humans annoy me, but I actually love people and want to work with them as a career.

Sir Codin

We're one of the few species that actually have wars with each other and kill each other in vast numbers. The only other species I can think of that do this are ants and chimpanzees.

I think that speaks volumes about humanity.

Years
Maybe it's cuz we found out the trick to survival - kill your competitors!

From that perspective, it's only rational that we take things to the next level.

Years
I think the problem here is that we want to change, but everything thinks "I'm just one man" whereas if everybody went and changed together at the same time it would run relatively smoothly. We're stuck in an entropic rut, we want to do as little as possible and sitting here just over a notch in the road is this massive downhill section that requires even less effort the further down you go.

This is why I hate people.

Spoiler:

Years
Do we actually hate people, though? Or are we just throwing around a word we use too casually? Hate carries a strong connotation. And, not to be mean, but I can't help but notice that the anti-social crowd tends to be the biggest bastion of so-called misanthropy. Try empathizing with people, you might warm up a little.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I don't hate humankind. For me there are a lot of positive and negative aspects that causes it to be a 50/50 kinda thing.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I don't think people are inheritly terrible but I avoid people because I don't really enjoy being around them, and I don't really understand most people. Most people you can point up to something and they'll look just to see what you're pointing at, instead of questioning why you're pointing. People are amazingly naive creatures and I think that's their greatest downfall.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Here's the thing.

I don't hate people in general, I hate very few individuals, but technically... we are a horrible species.

From my point of view, the world would be in a much better place had we not evolved so well, if we hadn't made lucky discoveries so early and if we didn't have an intelligence advantage over other animals. It is pretty clear, hopefully to everyone, the humans are impacting the world and slowly killing it off.

Draining resources isn't necessarily bad, but destroying habitats to get to it and polluting the environment is.

So, I do not hate people but I hate the inevitable influence on the world that we have.

Does that even make sense.

Back