• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina!

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
You know, I haven't paid attention to this hack until now. It actually looks really epic! I'll wait as long as it takes for a release!

Years
Mitchel, I come back to PC after my life had been a mess for the last week, and you cheer me up with a freakin' massive update. Everything looks amazing!!

I actually can't believe you've been working on it, seeing as your a big hit with the ladies. :P

Anyway, good luck! ;)

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I'm a noob so this is my first look at this hack(man was that a mistake not going through all of them when I first got back on), but this looks great, I really love the tiles

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
91,6 % done ! AHHHH ! I've been waiting for this for so long and never thought it would come back to life... This game actually looks even better than Light Platinum. And most importantly, it's English !

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
nice updates looking good it's a shame though that the bag has some bugs :(
Oh and about that never to happen promotion, WRONG! it happened in the newest season.

Yeah well the animation from the bag has been fixed =3 Think I putted tiles on the animation spots. About the promotion, I didn't knew that :P I'm still from the first generation anime xD

You know, I haven't paid attention to this hack until now. It actually looks really epic! I'll wait as long as it takes for a release!

Thanks ^^

Nice update, your scripting is awesome, the graphic is great too

Thanks ^^

Mitchel, I come back to PC after my life had been a mess for the last week, and you cheer me up with a freakin' massive update. Everything looks amazing!!

I actually can't believe you've been working on it, seeing as your a big hit with the ladies.

Anyway, good luck!

Hehe welcome back chimchar9, I hope it's all fine currently? I might will hear the story soon on MSN ^^

Yeah I also can't beleve it myself, I'm seeing this way I'll atleast release the alpha I promised for over 2 years from now. About the lady part I don't want to brag but ya' right xD Currently single but I love some "me" time xD

Anyhow thanks =)

I'm a noob so this is my first look at this hack(man was that a mistake not going through all of them when I first got back on), but this looks great, I really love the tiles

Thanks ^^

So you managed to get Spider to work!
Awesome Mitchel!
I love your updates!
You must bring beta soon :D

Thanks, and yeah I know there isn't an escape from that =3

91,6 % done ! AHHHH ! I've been waiting for this for so long and never thought it would come back to life... This game actually looks even better than Light Platinum. And most importantly, it's English !

Thanks ^^

:...:[highlight]UPDATE[/highlight]:...:
p_poppo.gif

HOT FIXES:
- Block premissions!
- Solana pallet glitch
- Gym 1 OW glitch
- Side quest: fish on my hook party POKéMON glitch
- D/N bug (after trainer battle)
- Jessie, James, Gesina fadescreen glitch
- Move premissions!

New:
New bag + layout! (animation bug fixed!)
Gym 1 (Spinerak mobile part II works!)
Re-scripted out-date scripts!
New battle type...SOUND! (example: Jigglypuff)
Torn world working!
Sethealplaces now complete costum!
D/P/P evo starters added (+shiny glitch fix)!

:....:[highlight]To-Do list[/highlight]:....:

important:
- Trainer battle battleground
- 2 more Behavior byte scripts
- Door animation! (I can use all your help with this. I ain't that good with pixel design so I wanted to ask if someone can make the following doors in animation? (2 regular doors and one (midway) open door (like gym FR/LG)
drfaz8.png

2crq3x0.png

Less important:
- Prof Rowan intro sprite (pixel error fix)

:....:[highlight]Special Thanks[/highlight]:...:
LinkandZelda: "Pre"-alpha testing.
Mindfreak: Its support on dark cry even when it sufferd on an unfixable glitch!

:....:[highlight]Credits[/highlight]:....:
Kyledove: Marreep OW
Morris: Its brilliant sound type idea!

:....:[highlight]Screenshots[/highlight]:....:
New type introduced!....SOUND!
2edoxfk.png

Random screenshot new OW inserted
dy26h2.png

Hope I've informed you all enough, like some of you might already can see the release of alpha 1.0 is near after 2 f*cking years! Hope you all also will take attention to the door request.
----------------------------------------
Micthel1

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I imagine Sound type will be the same as in Brown/Prism. Also, did you replace a type to add Sound, or did you add it without removing any other types?

Years
I imagine Sound type will be the same as in Brown/Prism. Also, did you replace a type to add Sound, or did you add it without removing any other types?

Yea, I want to know it too. Is it possible to make new type without replacing old one :\?
BTW, what are the Advantages and Disadvantages?

Anyway, nice update:D.
Please don't get any new idea for this alpha:laugh:, seriously just release it already:badsmile:.
Good luck

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
[Alpha 1.0.5 released!]

Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina - Alpha 1.0.5
fmt8bt.png

In this alpha version, You're ready to discover a new region called: Trion! So far, sadly enough, only the first peaceful village: Longhorn Village, the rough route 601, The shiny caves of Trion: Mt. Hydronic, the lovely city: Atlernion City and the magnificent Purity Forest are available. Furthermore, you'll be able to challenge the first gym-leader Gesina, play the first 6 unique side quests and reveal the secret of the almighty disorder POKéMON!
This alpha version ends after beating the first gym, and you, unfortunately, will not be able to continue your journey to route 602!

Bugs and Glitches
30lyuir.png

BOLD: Still need to be resolved!
Line: Has been resolved!
Green: I never could resolve!

giratina.png
: Bag layout seems like to change color after selecting a item
giratina.png
: When entering Atlernion City it could appear the tiles on the news stand glitched!
giratina.png
: POKéDEX mini-map (location POKéMON capture!) has still the old "KANTO" line.
giratina.png
: The fishing side view from male and female are working! the front and back view hasn't been made yet!
giratina.png
: Capture a POKéMON in wild grass works perfect, but when you capture it and it appears in the "flash" POKéDEX the text (information) border remains black! This won't stay forever but it's a bug that we cannot fix for now, it has something to do with the battle background!
giratina.png
: When you use your town map it might occur that your location is different!
giratina.png
: When prof. Rowan call up the nidoran [F] in the intro. The POKéBALL ''floats'' left of him.
giratina.png
: Enter the Torn world might cause that the location art isn't correct (It shows a forest!)
giratina.png
: I would like to apologize about the many grammar errors you might will across! The translator has been booted out!
giratina.png
: Costum trainer battle background has not been added yet.
giratina.png
: Count POKéMON script at Purity Forest won't work with more or less then 2 POKéMON in your party! Be aware of this, it's a small script mistake!

Fun knowledge from Dark Cry: TLoG
: POKéMON Dark Cry: TLoG also contains alot of side quests and mini-games. These make this hack more entertained to play!
157.gif
: Regular tiles like a window, radio's and Tree's might contain a behavior byte script! These make more things possible!
157.gif
: Be sure you activate your RTC! Otherwise some events might won't work! Wonder how to activate your RTC? Options-->emulator-->Real Time Clock.

Don't do the following! (© protected!) (If you do I'll hunt you down with a blunt knife and cut your eye out, the header code hasn't changed for nothing!)
: Don't use/rip the tileset/pallets that has been inserted in dark cry: TLoG!
Primeape.gif
: Don't use/rip scripts or even part of scripts that has been inserted in dark cry: TLoG!
Primeape.gif
: Don't decompile ASM routlines and use them for your own!
Primeape.gif
: Don't use the tilemaps/RAW's that has been inserted in dark cry: TLoG!

Please report any errors you come across, detailing what happened and possibly providing screenshots to help. Make sure you check this list to see if the error has already been reported, though.

Frequently Asked Questions
icon-info.png

Question: I can only find one (main) path in Purity forest. Is there a way I'm missing or another entrance?
Answer: This area has been based on time! A path in Purity Forest appears between 5pm and 6pm! This will get removed in the next alpha!

Question: The in-game time show 12:0 every time! Even when it's for example 15:40!
Answer: Be sure you activate your RTC! Otherwise some/many events won't work!

Question: I can't beat super nerd Gary's magnamite! Is there something I missed?
Answer: You might have chosen electric what makes this hack harder to beat! In the next alpha his POTION(s) will get removed!

Question: It seems like I'm stuck in the Torn World! I can't jump to another platform!
Answer: I'm aware of this, the only thing you supposed to do is press the "A" button!

Special Thanks
icon-alerts.png

Mindfreak: His support to convince me continuing when dark cry sufferd from an unfixable glitch last year!
LinkandZelda: "Pre"-alpha testing!
All fans: Support me to continue!
Everyone else who has put in the credit list!

w0iz5y.png

Version: Alpha 1.0.5 - Read me file included
Release: august 11 '11
Created for: VBA 1.8.0 beta 3

© 2009 - 2011 Mitchel1 all rights reserved!
Original Pokémon characters and images belong to Pokémon USA, Inc. and Nintendo. This game has not been given by Nintendo, Creatures,
GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company, Pokémon USA, Inc., The Pokémon Company International, or Wizards of the Coast.

Last edited:

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Just played through a bit of it and it was awesome! I really like the new tiles you inserted. By the way, is the alpha just one gym? Just wanted to know.

Anyway, good luck.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Just played through a bit of it and it was awesome! I really like the new tiles you inserted. By the way, is the alpha just one gym? Just wanted to know.

Anyway, good luck.

Thanks, about that question... to be honest I see that as a spam =(
This alpha version ends after beating the first gym, and you, unfortunately, will not be able to continue your journey to route 602!
Quote that 'cause It has been written in the intro!
anyhow thanks and have fun! =D
------------------------------------
Mitchel1

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
hum...
The patch doesn't work for me.
erro: "The patch doesn't match the file."
I use NUPS and Tsukiyomi.

The patch should work. Go to google and type: pokemon fire red rom
If I should be correct you'll earn a link from coolrom.
That rom should work! have fun! =D
-------------------------------
Mitchel1

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Really amazing, everywhere I go I just get more amazed at how beautiful it is.
Just a couple of things, I'm wondering if uproar will be a sound attack and what attacks are sound type?
Also a small spelling error I thought I'd report:
58c8y.jpg

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
I am stuck in the forest it says I do not have enough pokemon to proceed and that I have to capture 1 wild pokemon so I did and its still not letting me pass

Back