• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016

Regarding adding moves to PKMN, I believe I would need suggestions of what level would they learn it. I am not good at that field though...

Increasing the stats of both Rock Smash and Flash is a good idea.
I'll do just that then. :3

The Double Teaming, yeah, I suppose I overused that move on a lot of battles. I will try and change them though when I can get the time. :3

And oh, I ain't good at giving movesets to PKMN, even to my custom ones, so yeah. =/

My suggestion would be to look at the moves that Pokemon learn upon leveling up in Gen V that you do not have in this hack and just replace those with moves that you do have, if you want to take the easiest route to adding new attacks. Take for example Scizor...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Scizor_(Pokémon)

It has a few moves it learns upon leveling up that are not in this hack. I mentioned that Steel Wing should be added to Scizor, so looking at that list, Scizor learns X-Scissor at level 41. Therefore, you could make him learn Steel Wing at level 41, as an example.

When deciding you should also consider just how effective a particular move you want to add would be on the Pokemon. Would it break the difficulty of the game it would likely be obtained at? Should this move be given to this Pokemon early on because it needs this particular move in order to be viable at whatever role it fills on the team? Should it be taught at later levels because it is particularly deadly in that pokemon's hands? How well would this move work considering the pokemon's good base stats and its ability (for example, I suggested Rain Dance on Kingdra because of its ability, Swift Swim. Not only does Rain Dance give Kingdra an extra 50% speed because of its ability, but also gives Kingdra an additional 50% boost to its stats to make surf particularly powerful.).

As for move sets, again, like with teaching pokemon new moves, consider the pokemons stats, its ability, and its typing. Is this a Pokemon with high defense or contains a typing that lets it resist a lot of attack types, but not a whole lot of attack? Then make it a defensive Pokemon whose goal is to stall with moves that make it even harder to kill, or moves that don't depend on its base attack and special attack stats like Toxic, Double Team, Rest, Seismic Toss and further defense increasing moves. Is it a pokemon with a ton of attack power, but not a whole lot of defense? Then give it a variety of moves in different types that can help it inflict super effective damage to as many types as possible, as well as some support moves like Dragon Dance to help it sweep a team more efficiently. You should also take note of low stats and how certain moves may work well with them. For example, on a really slow pokemon, curse would be a pretty good move to use as it increases attack and defense but lowers speed (which won't matter as the slow pokemon would already be going second in most cases). For pokemon with low defense, moves like Counter and Mirror Coat would be great as the amount of damage they inflict upon the opposing pokemon depends on how much damage they received, and with low defense and special defense, those moves are guaranteed to inflict a respectable amount of damage on the foe. Of course, low stats also mean you should avoid giving pokemon certain moves as well. For example, don't give Sneasel an Ice type move, even though it is an ice-type, as it would do damage based off of its horrible special attack stat.

If you are going to give pokemon really powerful moves that have drawbacks, then consider how those drawbacks can be overcome via other moves or by the pokemon's ability. For example, Solar Beam requires two turns in order to use, but can be made to be used in just one turn by the use of Sunny Day. Charizard would be great with this combo as Sunny Day allows him to overcome the weakness of Solar Beam, it attacks off of his high Special Attack stat, and hits enemies super effectively that would try to counter him (namely water, ground, and rock type pokemon). If you give a pokemon an attack like Double-Edge that causes recoil damage, then consider giving it moves to recover its HP, like Leech Seed or Milk Drink, or an item like Leftovers. Belly Drum is another move that can leave a Pokemon in a vulnerable position, taking off half of its max HP. How to get around this? How about using rest to recover all of your HP, then having a Chesto Berry equipped to immediately take care of the two-turn sleep requirement that rest has? Considering what pokemon your opponent might try and counter you with is another good strategy (and in the example of Charizard earlier, a grass type move to counter rock, ground, and water types).

Those are just a few ideas that immediately spring to my mind, but a lot of the really fun strategies can't be used because the AI is too stupid. Like I said earlier, smogon.com is a competitive battling community that has a list of suggested movesets for every Pokemon in every generation. So if you are having trouble coming up with new movesets, I would suggest checking their website out.

EDIT: You could also try talking to DarkRisingGirl on this site, as she was apparently into competitive battling for a little while and is active.

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2014
Did you say that pokemon that don't usually evolve from level, evolve from level. I read it yesterday but i don't know what it say fully. I just want to know. Thx

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
Hi some spoilers below maybe.

Man OP (too lazy to type out your name sorry) you've outdid yourself with this game. The music especially was awesome! I also liked how you inserted gen 4 and gen 5's pokemon cries I like hearing their respective gen's cries better. I'm sorry if that was confusing what I mean is like how Swanna has its own proper cry instead of the cry of the pokemon it replaced it's a nice touch. The storyline too was awesome (although the ending was a bit... meh, in my opinion.) The final battle was **** though ' n ' I had to run away because it's a pain in the ass to battle all those overpowered legendaries OTL. I feel like I cheated XD.

Am I the only one around here who ships Kevin and the female protag (Patty?) so hard? xD Man since the beginning of the game when I first saw them together I was like damnnnn these two ought to get together I'm sorry xDDD. Oh well too bad Kevin likes the princess though (?).

Overall I just want to say you're an awesome person for making this awesome hack OP! Sorry for the ramble ;;

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Am I the only one around here who ships Kevin and the female protag (Patty?) so hard? xD Man since the beginning of the game when I first saw them together I was like damnnnn these two ought to get together I'm sorry xDDD. Oh well too bad Kevin likes the princess though (?).
You were probably few of those who play as Patty =D
But still... Kevin only with Hime :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2014
o yea. Does the mode for Good, Bad, or Normal come later in the game or does it follow along the story?

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
hi, in first, congrats for the game it is a great game.
I have a problem in it, i until download the version 15.8 and i did everthing well, but the princes is not in the Leon Empire, i have finished the principal story and i have the other 7 badges and the b***h is not there, help me whit this.
Thanks and sorry my english

I have a problem in it, i until download the version 15.8 and i did everthing well, but the princes is not in the Leon Empire, i have finished the principal story and i have the other 7 badges and the b***h is not there, help me whit this.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

You need to talk to Chaomega first where it'll say that Giratina will talk to you in Shadow Valley.
Head to the valley and talk to Giratina, and then Alice will show up.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Hi I really liked this rom hack but my sav file glitched
can some1 giv me a save file where you just met shaymin and giratina for the first time in lost shadow (I chose the good side)
or if it is more convenient can u giv me a save file right after the airplane incident
either one is ok as long as it works
plz and thx u

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Hey i look for squartle in dusk path many times and i doesn't appear, it's any bug wiht squartle?
Where i find a abra or kadabra?

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
Hey i look for squartle in dusk path many times and i doesn't appear, it's any bug wiht squartle?
Where i find a abra or kadabra?

Thanks.
The Abra line was replaced; they aren't in this game.
Squirtle are found on Rintah Path, which is directly to the left of Dusk Path. They're rather rare, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Well, the Squirtle doesn't apear :/
Does the minkak evolve, if yes, what level?
Someone please say me a really good electric pokemon(Non legendary) pls.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Well, the Squirtle doesn't apear :/
Does the minkak evolve, if yes, what level?
Someone please say me a really good electric pokemon(Non legendary) pls.

I believe Squirtle is located in the forest through the hole on the Dark Organization's airplane.

Also, does Blitzle count as a good electric PKMN? If not, then a Magnemite. :\
Just use your dex to locate them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
One more bug report...

-Steelix's cry is glitched, both for when it appears and when it faints.

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2014
I got 7 symbols & did the good/bad event. I know that Alice is the last one but when i go to the Leon Empire, she's not there. Is their something I'm missing?

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
I got 7 symbols & did the good/bad event. I know that Alice is the last one but when i go to the Leon Empire, she's not there. Is their something I'm missing?

Go north of Silkwind Town to go to the Tower of Fate. Speak to Chaomega there, who should instruct you to head for Lost Shadow Valley.

-----

By the way, thanks for the shout-out in the new patch files, Destinedjagold.

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Hi again, i have the 8 badge and i caugth the 4 dragons(angeallen, deazone, deviehl, rayquaza) i got shaymin... i'm trying to start to find the fragments but i go talk with chaomega and he says to go to shadow valley talk with giratina but has no entrance to lost shadow valley.. i dont know what to do... Sorry my "english" xD

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi again, i have the 8 badge and i caugth the 4 dragons(angeallen, deazone, deviehl, rayquaza) i got shaymin... i'm trying to start to find the fragments but i go talk with chaomega and he says to go to shadow valley talk with giratina but has no entrance to lost shadow valley.. i dont know what to do... Sorry my "english" xD

PM me your saved file (note: not your saved state/s) and I will try and fix it when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back