• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☆ A Tale of Heroes (M)[IC]

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Grazel Cyrus
Episode 1: Reign Of Diaz

Artus' response wasn't unforeseen, it was the appropriate answer to the weight Grazel had just proposed be placed on his shoulders. He walked on with the small group, a bit behind the man with the flame in his hand and only a foot or so ahead of Artus. " Yes I will, " he started, his voice in a calm whisper and set so that only Artus could hear. It may had been a bit difficult to believe that one would place the life of others above their own, but being a former Knight of the people it had become all to natural for him to do so. He had become use to leading others and guiding them in the right direction. So use to it that it may had become his own downfall.

His face had become a bit harsh in the light and shadows of the conflicting elements around them. " I-.. " he paused for a moment, contemplating on the words he would use to describe his sense of responsibility. " I have been raised in the court of the King and brought up as the ideal soldier of Grandora. I can't leave them alone. It would be like spitting in the face of the goddess herself. " he told Artus while looking straight ahead.

He looked over his shoulder at Artus his amber eyes smothering under the dampened light of his magic. " Besides, Kallet isn't half as shady as he looks and not even the most vile of man would light the way for strangers in such a dire situation as this. " he muttered. He realized that he was speaking in such a noble tone that his voice could very well be depicting a royal background. Even if he sounded much more youthful than his vocabulary would ever display.

It wasn't until he had begin to lose sight of a couple of feet ahead of him did he feel he should increase the radiance of his light just a bit. He walked up behind the masked man and placed his hand on his shoulder lightly. " Hold for a moment. " he asked kindly. Behind him the feet of the group shuffled to a stop. He peered through the darkness, his senses pricking up on his skin. At times he would get a chilling feeling where the no coldness belonged but it was usually some rat in a dark corner or an exceptionally chilly wind on his neck. On rare occasions however, it was something a lot less friendly aiming for him or his companions.​

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Gaston Ceruleus - Leaders of the Pack?

Gaston kept his flame going as they traversed the corridor, trying to find a way out. He overheard the conversation going on behind him, which perked his spirits up a little. It seemed that his actions had caused the others to at least tolerate his presence for the moment. He proved himself, at least in this light. He kept going until someone placed a hand on his shoulder and asked him to wait a moment. He turned his head to one of the guys that was talking earlier. He simply nodded to the man, but kept his flame going in his hand. He was starting to turn around when he thought he heard movement in front of the group. Gaston turned back and kept his eyes focused in front of them. The flames intensified more in his hand as he waited to see if there was any enemies coming towards them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Galvez Prison
Artus Callum & co.

"Yes I will," Grazel replied. Artus widened his eyes. He wasn't sure if he should be feel sympathy or grateful that someone was willing to risk their life to save them. This is a deathwish...he's really just gonna risk himself to save these strangers? " I-.. I have been raised in the court of the King and brought up as the ideal soldier of Grandora. I can't leave them alone. It would be like spitting in the face of the goddess herself." Artus looked at him as Grazel kept his head forwards. He didn't say anything, as Grazel seemed set on his decision. "Besides, Kallet isn't half as shady as he looks and not even the most vile of man would light the way for strangers in such a dire situation as this." Artus remained quiet, and watched as Grazel walked up to the masked man and put his hands on his shoulder, saying something. The group came to a small halt.

"What? Why'd we stop?" Artus said slightly annoyed. The group looked ahead into the darkness.

"They say...there's a beast down here. The prison keeps it as a sort of pet." The old man walked near Grazel, talking loud enough for the group to hear. "...if we happen to run into it, we're done..." He frowned. Artus kept a watchful eye in front of the group. He didn't say anything in response to the old man, but was getting slightly worried at the fact that Grazel and the masked man stopped.

"Screw the beast, that's just rumor..." Artus said, with a hint of doubt in his voice. Suddenly, steps were heard echoing in the cave. We're still...that means someone's coming this way... Artus' heart dropped for a second, and in an instant, Artus felt something grab him by the throat from behind. "Aghh-" His screams were cut off, by the feel of two hands squeezing his throat.

"Hey! Help!" Artus fell to the ground, as he heard the old man screaming for help. His vision was limited, due to being too focused on getting whatever was grabbing him, off. Damn it... With a struggle, Artus grabbed the two hands clutching his throat, and slowly but forcefully pulled them apart. Looking up, he saw a man presumingly another prisoner. "Get off!" Artus stumbled upon getting up, leaning against the walls of the cave. He looked at the old man, who was getting strangled by another rogue prisoner, this time wielding some sort of sharp edged rock, hovering it above his head. Artus put up his fists and was about to run to the old man's aid, until a swing of a fist skinned him. Damn, I got to get rid of this guy first...

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Malik Augustus

"Erm, any of you can fight or protect themselves decently?"

"I can" Asilisa said. "I'd probably be able to try to distract any guards as well"

Malik grinned. "Of the three things I do well, fighting ranks... near the top. Granted I'm not the best hand-to-hand, but if I get a weapon then it's lights out for the enemy. And I'm not too shabby at magic either."

Summoning a small flame that cost him almost no mana, he said, "I'll light the way. The faster we can get out of here, the happier I'll be." And he proceeded along the dank corridor, nervous energy flowing through his veins.

siiadams

Years
Gaston Ceruleus - Combat in the Jail

Gaston heard a commotion behind him as he was keeping watch. He turned to see a couple of other prisoners attacking their group. He also noticed that one of them pinned the old man and had a rock that, he assumed, would crush in his skull. They had to get out of here...ALL of them. No one was going to get killed in there if HE had anything to do about it! After all, he was trained for this by Thoromir. And what use was his abilities if he never got to use them?

Gaston rushed forward and kicked the prisoner with the rock square in the side of the head, causing him to fall off the old man. While the prisoner was reeling, he helped the old man to his feet and signalled for someone to make sure he was ok. Right when that happened, he felt something hard hit him on the back of the head. Turning, he saw the prisoner standing there with his eyes wide in terror. The prisoner threw the rock and hoped to knock him out! It would take more than that to stop him! Gaston rushed forward to meet him and had to block a couple of punches before he could retaliate. Another punch actually hit, but the mask helped absorb the blow, so it didn't hurt much. Another fist flew at him, but Gaston caught the fist with his left hand and held it tight before using his right hand to knock the prisoner back little by little until they reached the wall. It was then that he summoned the ball of flames again and thrust it into the prisoner's face, causing the rogue to scream and stumble back. The prisoner could barely open his eyes and tried to attack while blind. Gaston moved his head away enough to avoid the fist and as the prisoner kept spinning, he grabbed the hair on the back of the rogue's head and used it as a handle to shove his head hard into the wall. He heard a gentle crunch as he did and released the prisoner, causing him to fall to the ground...dead.

Gaston slowly approached the group again and placed a shoulder on the old man to see if he was ok. Hopefully, he was able to help him in time.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Kallet Genesis: The Ghost
Redemption in the Eyes of the Meek

Kallet listened carefully as the debate went on. It was obvious that either Grazel or that Artus fellow would be the leaders. He frowned when Grazel made the comment about him and the quiet lad. He's too naive. For all he knows, I could be a cold blooded killer, and the other man could be a rapist or a murderer. He trusts too easily. He had his doubts, but he followed the group just the same.

The group was making good progress when Kallet heard the commotion. Damn...This far in? Now? Of all times? Before anyone could find him, he seemed to disappear almost instantly. Somehow a 6'7 albino managed to vanish into thin air...Or so it had seemed. The Ghost was truly ten feet ahead, letting his eyes adjust to the darkness. I like the darkness...Quite soothing. He felt a pang of guilt in his heart. Will I ever see the stars again?

After his eyes grew accustomed to the dark, he scanned his surroundings. There was truly nothing except for the fight behind him. I'm not going to fight. Not yet. These men are innocent in my eyes. They are held by a tyrant who cares for nothing more than his own power. If I'm attacked, I will knock the aggressor unconscious. In the meantime... He sat down with his legs crossed and clasped his hands, meditating.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Gothax "The Cold Slasher" Nakamura

It seemed some of them were decent fighters enough. Good because there'd be more people to protect the weak ones. Even if he wanted to save them all, it'd be hard because a lot of them were old and weak and thus unable to fight or protect themselves. And since he only had two hands and no sword, he wouldn't be able to protect them as he wanted. "Okay then, let's roll! I'll be ahead of the group. Is it okay for you guys?" Why was he suddenly so kind to these people that were total strangers to him?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Galvez Prison
Artus Callum & co.

As soon as Artus was ready to fight, the masked man was able to knock the prisoner out, helping the old man. Artus quickly ran to help him. "You okay old man?" Artus asked quietly, as the old man nodded weakly. Grabbing him by the arm, he helped him stand up. Artus watched as a quick match between the masked man and the other rogue prisoner unfolded. A girl started to shout a bit, demanding they stop. The masked man unleashed a quick fireball at the man's face, rendering him blind for a few seconds, before grabbing his hair and finally smashing his head into the rocky wall. The man fell to the ground with a bloody mess all over his face, as Artus watched with a hint of horror. This guy…knocking him out should have been more than enough. The masked man walked back to the group. It was quiet for a few seconds, until Artus decided to say something. "As much as I appreciate you protecting everyone, don't you think killing him was a bit much?" He looked at the masked man, and then at Grazel, hoping for some support. Artus didn't really like the idea of travelling alongside a murderer, and his mask was creeping him. Almost shady, as if he were hiding something.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Grazel Cyrus
Episode 1: Reign Of Diaz

A skirmish had developed all around him and honestly Grazel wasn't prepared. He looked over his shoulder where it had all begun and knew that his senses were pointing in the direction of the rogue prisoners. He ran off to get the old man free but the masked man had handled it all too quickly and gruelingly. Grazel picked up the old man, his back nestled in my arms. He asked the old man no questions, for his eyes were pinned on the masked man and his brutal instincts for battle and bloodshed. How was it that he had the heart to do what he had, to server a man's life with regret or hesitation. It was a bit much for the eyes of the under ones.

Grazel gently handed the old man to Artus before stepping up and standing to face the masked man. His face was composed and calm, only the slightest of frown pulled his lips down. He thought quickly on what he would say. It was obvious that the man's intentions were good but now Grazel had to question the man's morals. If he could kill that man with such ease, then was possible for him to turn his flames on them as well. His hands were loose at his side as Artus spoke, giving him a little more time for a response.

" He's right, " Grazel agreed, his voice firm. " What you did back there was undue and cruel. " He took a step forward, closing a bit of the gap between them. " But.... regardless we owe you thanks. " he ended, his amber eyes still hard and tense as he looked him over.

Artus was right about the masked man, not that he was shady or untrustworthy but that he was a bit unusual. Grazel had the sinking feeling that their was more to the guy then he was letting show. He wasn't sure if he'd like it or not but he would have to cross that road when it came.

" Try not to be so out of hand next time. We have younglings in the crowd as well. " he reminded the masked man before turning to help the old man up. " Shall we continue forward ? "​

YellowGardevoir

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Malik Augustus

"Okay then, let's roll! I'll be ahead of the group. Is it okay for you guys?" Gothax asked. He seemed to be a reliable companion to Malik, though he had no idea of the man's background. He could be a killer or a thief and Malik would have no idea unless he questioned him. But there was time for that later. Right now they needed to escape.

"That's a good idea," Malik said. "Just make sure you stay within shouting distance, we wouldn't want anything to happen to you."

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

"That's a good idea," Malik said. "Just make sure you stay within shouting distance, we wouldn't want anything to happen to you." Gothax kinda managed a small smile. It's been a while since someone cared if he died or not. The rebels he saved aren't even regretting him now, they never regret a member. He looked at Malik. "Don't worry about me, I'll be cautious and the same goes for you! Now let's go!" He started to walk, knowing that the serious things would start now.

siiadams

Years
Gaston Ceruleus - Thanks, but...

As he returned to the group, one of the men started questioning Gaston about why he killed the prisoner. The other man thanked him for the help, but also said that it may be too much for the younger crowd to see. Further, they seemed to want him to calm himself down and not be so brutal in his tactics. Did they not understand that the prisoner would've been able to kill someone in their group? You HAD to be a little brutal in order to get things done like that! That's what he was taught in his training: if someone was trying to kill him or anyone with him, it would be justified to kill in order to survive.

Gaston started looking around, patting his attire as he looked for his parchment to communicate with them both, but it was nowhere to be found. Hopefully, it'll be found with his wristbands when he can find them. Downtrodden about not being able to talk, he simply shook his head and shifted his attention to the hallway to see if there was anyone else coming. He can still feel their gaze on him as he felt the others trying to decide their thoughts about him.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Asilsa Driesse
"I'll light the way. The faster we can get out of here, the happier I'll be." Malik said summoning a small flame as he spoke.

"Okay then, let's roll! I'll be ahead of the group. Is it okay for you guys?" Gothax said in response and Asilsa nodded as Malik spoke again.

"Just make sure you stay within shouting distance, we wouldn't want anything to happen to you."

"Don't worry about me, I'll be cautious and the same goes for you! Now let's go!" Gothax said starting to walk and Asilsa followed quickly. After a few moments though she stopped abruptly. She heard something getting closer to them. "did anyone else hear that?" she asked quietly.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Galvez Prison
Artus Callum & Co.

"He's right," Grazel said, agreeing with Artus. "What you did back there was undue and cruel." Grazel walked in closer to Artus and the masked man. "But.... regardless we owe you thanks. " He simply said. "Try not to be so out of hand next time. We have younglings in the crowd as well." He said, reminding the masked man of his evil, yet somewhat justified deed. "Shall we continue forward ?" Artus looked at the masked man who just nodded his head. If anything, this made Artus even more suspicious of the man. He just agreed with us? With no complaints...? Artus eyed him a little a bit, before turning back forwards.

"Alright then, we may as well get going again. I don't think staying this one area is too smart." He said, turning to Grazel. He then turned to the dark corner where the ghostly fellow was sitting down, seemingly oblivious to everything around him. "Hey, guy in corner. Are you gonna come along or what?" Suddenly, someone tugged on Artus' sleeve. It was a lady, probably late 30s to early 40s. "What is it, we need to get moving, woman." Artus said mockingly. The lady retreated a little, before saying something. She looked at Grazel, and smiled a bit, seemingly comfortable at the sight of him.

"Ummm...I think I may know a way out..." She said quietly whilst still looking at Grazel. Artus jumped at the statement.

"Well, hurry up and tell us!" He yelled at the lady who stepped back out of intimidation. Artus wasn't really this pushy and aggressive, but the current situations has changed him a little. Almost a panicky, yet forceful state of mind.

"...The so called 'beast' they keep in here...I heard that when prisoners like us get low, the wardens come down here themselves to deliver food for the beast..." The lady said. Artus arched an eyebrow. "...Which means that there has to be a way for the wardens to enter and leave on their own." Artus' eyes widened slightly. This lady was right. At least that what it seemed like to Artus. If the wardens did in fact feed the beast when prisoners get low, then there has to be a way for them to enter and leave as they please. It was a bit far fetched, but at least now they had something to go on. Artus looked at the group.

"Well, I guess that makes sense...do you think it's some sort of door or gate or something?" Artus started to walk forward again now, as some of the others in the group did as well. Better to talk and walk then stay as bait again.

YellowGardevoir

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Malik Augustus

Malik paused as he heard the sound of something getting closer. "Do you here that?"Asilsa asked.

Malik nodded. "Be on your guard," he said. He increased the size of his flame, casting light over the surrounding area. No one could sneak up on them in this level of light. And he could easily channel the flame into an attack spell if needs be, though the effort would cost him most of his small mana reserve. A sense of anticipation came over him as he warmed up for a fight. "Let's keep going. Anyone who wants to sneak up on us will, and its better that we move as much as possible before having to stop and fight."

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

They were all walking along him. So far, nothing was to be signaled and it wasn't so bad of a thing to be quite honest. Even if he could still dispose of enemies, he was more vulnerable without his sword and he couldn't ignore this fact. That was until he heard something getting closer, looks like a fight was inevitable after all. "Prepare yourselves, something could come up at any time."

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Galvez Prison
Artus Callum & co.​

((OOC: Sorry for rushing, but I think it's time we sped up just a bit))

The group had been walking for a while now, trying to figure out an exit to the stony chambers. The same rocky walls continued throughout the undergrounds, along with the occasional torches. "We still have no clue what we're looking for." Artus broke the silence, trying to figure out exactly what they were looking for.

"Well, I would assume it would be some sort of gate." The old man said. "Or maybe even a door, I honestly have no idea." Artus was getting slightly agitated, but he couldn't help it. They were down here, possibly going to die, and the only way out apparently was some magic door that nobody knew anything about. I swear I'm gonna leave these people behind as soon as I get the chance... Artus thought. As terrible as it sounds, Artus' only intention was to save his own skin. Regardless of what Grazel says, he's an idiot for trying to save everyone. If he's as important as I think he is, than he should be more worried about saving himself.

"We're...all going to be okay though right?" The woman walking to the side spoke. Artus rolled his eyes out of irritation. If anything, this woman would be the last person he would save. "We're not going to split up or anything?" She said in a worrying tone.

"Can you just please shut up for five minutes?" Artus snapped at the woman. "This whole time you have just been nagging and nagging." The woman retreated backwards a bit out of intimidation. Artus turned stopped walking and turned to the woman and walked up to her. "I swear if we ever get out of here you'll be - " Artus was suddenly interrupted by a low growl that rumbled through the caverns. The group stood still. A chill went down Artus' spine, as he looked around.

"All your yelling has drawn the beast..." The woman started to tear up as she looked at Artus and started to walk towards Grazel. Artus looked at the masked man and the ghostly one.

"That couldn't have been the beast...I thought it was only a rumor...? Artus said, starting to worry as well. Suddenly, someone nudged Artus. It was the old man, who pointed ahead of the group, towards a corner in the wall. Artus turned to see a large, circular door made of stone. There were torches lit up on both side of the door, illuminating the carvings onto the door. The exit!? Artus quickly ran to the gate to observe. The carvings were of various things, such as bizarre looking creatures and birds and whatnot. He pounded the door with his fist.

"Dammit! It's not opening!" He said in a panicky voice. He turned to the group. "Don't just stand there, help me!"

siiadams

Years
Gaston Ceruleus - Door to...where now?

As the group kept walking, one of the guys seemed noticibly upset by the predicament they were in. The young lady of the group kept talking, but he didn't mind it. After all, he hadn't been around very many people so this was a good experience for him, but the angry one didn't agree as he spun around to confront her. Before anything else happened, a roar resonated throughout the dungeon, scaring or at least worrying everyone else. Gaston, though, didn't let it faze him as they kept going. A door could finally be seen, which the angry guy rushed at and soon pounded his fist against it. He turned to the others, wanting them to help him.

Gaston was confused by the door at first, noticing that the shape and detail of the door was very unusual for a dungeon like this. He also saw that there was no handle or keyhole, so lockpicking was out of the question. He approached the stone door and gently placed his hands on it and tested the door with a slight push, then another one with an upward angle. Neither push caused the door to budge. He stood back and took a good look at the various carvings and allowed his fingers to gently move over the etched lines in the door, wondering if these pictures were the key to opening the way for them. He shook his head as he tried to figure this puzzle out.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Kallet Genesis: The Ghost
Trapped...So Be It

Kallet kept the same, blank expression he had the majority of the time. There was nothing he could do to help at this moment. Nothing but help fight off the monster. He stood up and approached the group standing by the door. They seemed to be clueless. Typical...They aren't thinking about this. Kallet looked over the door for a moment. It wouldn't be easy to crack, but it would be possible. He looked to Artus and sighed. "Shut up. Yelling will solve nothing. We must remain calm." He sensed a malevolent force behind them. "That beast...I heard rumors about him while serving. He is no rumor." He turned to face the monster. "This door can be opened...It's been a while since I've seen one like that." He felt wind coursing through his veins. He suddenly felt lighter, faster, stronger. "We'll need to fight it before we can crack that door." Kallet looked to Grazel. "I know you're a good fighter. I heard about you while in the army." He looked to the masked man. "You're brutal, but efficient." He looked to Artus. "You've done a lot of nothing, other than screaming like an idiot." He hated to be rude like that, but there was need at the very moment. "You can fight I'm assuming." He drew his black cloak around him and brushed his white hair from his face. "He's a monster." His quiet, smooth voice rang out through the cavern.

Back