• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Godo's Black Nuzlocke

Is this good so far?

• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Par

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abomination

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
Years
Synopsis:
A country boy, Derrick Blakeson (age 15), and his friends start their own journeys, for their own reasons.

Derrick is using this as an excuse to try to find his 'missing' father, who disappeared way back when he was a toddler. This excuse, though, is one that requires entry into the Unovan League to have access to their searchin' resources. Therefore, he has to get all the badges.

Bianca "Belle" Lauray is going on her journey to prove to her sexist, drunkee of a father that she can make it in the world. She isn't necessarily needing to beat the league to prove, but rather get the badges.

Cheren "Rinnard" Rinlin is going to make his mother, a previous champion of the country proud. He is aiming for the league.

But not all follows accordingly for them, when a mysterious, shadowy being force them into his challenge of death, and an eco-terrorist group are thrown into their ways.
Note:
The art gets better after the first three parts, to the point ya barely recognize it's mine, story-wise also. I stop anime-styled drawing around near the end of part three. Now, mostly realistic.
The comic parts are read right to left still. This is a comic+written Nuzlocke, so expect walls of text on the later pages.

Towns, Cities, and Routes are all renamed to areas here in Ohio. Here's a list:

Spoiler:

Rules:
nuzlocke_rules__by_godo_kun-d4zx8ya.png

Basic rules, minus a small clause on gift and wild pokemon being counted as different catches, as this was a first attempted run.

Easy to read Smackjeeves mirror: Smackjeeves

Table of contents:
Part One-Starters
Part Two-Save the Prof.! Pt. 1
Part Three-Save the Prof.! Pt. 2
Part Four-"Who are ya, pops?"
Part Five-If I Die Young Part I | Music For These Three Mini Parts-WARNIN' COUNTRY MUSIC
Part Five-If I Die Young Part II
Part Five-If I Die Young Part III

There is no old pages anymore, so please skip a few pages if ya want to search through the thread. I had to make room on my Photobucket account. Started using DeviantArt to uploade everythin'.

Extras, fanart, trades, and etc.:
Spoiler:

[/spoiler]
PROGRESS PART WIP

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Well you have a decent drawing style, a bit messy and not-quite-there-yet if you know what I mean, but with a little more practice I can see you being absolutely fantastic!

The text could be larger in some bubbles, it gets hard to read occasionally.

Well, you've caught my interest a little.
You may want to work on your humour also, because it's a bit bland, to be honest.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Since you seem to be immersed in art, I am going to take the time to write up a bit of a critique for you so that you can (if you want) take my suggestion to look at your comic from another perspective.
It's decent so far (albeit I only read the first couple of posts,) but certain parts are unclear and confusing; for example, you don't show the pokemon getting kidnapped- it's just randomly in a cage. (There's a huge jump between page 7 and 8 and I can't follow it.) Other parts that are hard to follow include slightly misplaced text-blurbs and panels where I don't know which I need to read first. Or just some generally missplaced eye direction and composition. I would consider writing a script first before writing/ drawing the manga so you can hit all the story points directly and concisely. Other than that I would recommend that you use spell-check because some of your text is misspelled.

You can find some basic pointers here:
http://www.drawinghowtodraw.com/ste...trip-layout-and-composition-drawing-tutorial/

I realize that this is not anime, but it and storyboarding all have the basics in common.

Hope that helps and I hope my comment doesn't deter you from making more art! Keep the comic pages coming!!! <3

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
Years
Thanks ma'am.
Yeah... at first, I didn't write a script (and, sadly, I guess 'coz of laziness, I sometimes don't now —_—; )
But thanks, its gotten better over the pages, and I'll check out those tutorials.

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
Years
Well, instead if doin' the SMART thing and finish another page, I drew a gajinka of Mizi:
Spoiler:

I'll draw the other two starters as gajinka later.

Oh, and I got an art tablet, if the picture shows (I hope)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
You should do rough thumbnails of the layouts first, see if that reads panel-wise. Then do your final draft with a clean sheet. It feels like you just draw as you go and only plan in your head. It really helps to plan on paper.

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
Years
So this is becoming a part-written run too. Now, I don't know what's allowed and what's not, but havin' two threads in two categories seems kinda stupid. Sorry if I'm breakin' a rule or somethin'.

Mizi evolved (Thanks for the 3000-5000+ combined views y'all!)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
First off, I really like Miz as a character! It's probably my favorite of the group. I give props to you for being so dedicated with your comic - nice to see you still going strong with all these pages! :D

You're getting better at anatomy though I would still recommend practicing it, especially side and angular views, which seem to be one of your more prominent weak points. I definitely see improvement from your first few pages to your newer ones, though, so keep at it! :3 Your facial expressions are also getting a lot better. Just remember to keep in mind body proportions when you draw; I notice that you usually make hands very big in proportion to the head and so on.

Additionally, I have a tough time trying to figure out your backgrounds - they seem to be either a little simplistic or not there at all. On page 16 for example (the page about the sword), there is almost nothing included for a background but a single line in one panel so it's pretty difficult for me to visualize the scenario. All I really picture is a mass of empty space when it comes to the background.

That pretty much sums it up. Keep drawing and I look forward to more ~

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
Years
First off, I really like Miz as a character! It's probably my favorite of the group. I give props to you for being so dedicated with your comic - nice to see you still going strong with all these pages! :D
Thanks!
You're getting better at anatomy though I would still recommend practicing it, especially side and angular views, which seem to be one of your more prominent weak points. I definitely see improvement from your first few pages to your newer ones, though, so keep at it! :3 Your facial expressions are also getting a lot better. Just remember to keep in mind body proportions when you draw; I notice that you usually make hands very big in proportion to the head and so on.
I just have a hard time drawin' hands. I just can't grasp on how to draw them :cross-eye And yeah, I agree with the side and angular problem. I'll look back at my guide about anatomy in a bit XD
Additionally, I have a tough time trying to figure out your backgrounds - they seem to be either a little simplistic or not there at all. On page 16 for example (the page about the sword), there is almost nothing included for a background but a single line in one panel so it's pretty difficult for me to visualize the scenario. All I really picture is a mass of empty space when it comes to the background.
'coz I don't like drawin' backgrounds :\ but I'll try to put more effort into it. I stink at drawin' buildings and etc. Guess I'll go look up somethin' 'bout that too.

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
Years
Part Four Complete (3/30)

Part Four Complete
Spoiler:

Done with it finally. I recently studied this one guide on color that was deviantart, so I started experimented with color at the end. Now, I'm gonna draw this one nuzlocke trade event thing with Chachiko-sama on DA , which is basically a crossover page. After that, I'll get startin' on part five.

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
Years
Part Five complete (long, and warning, blood violence, language, and regular violence)
Spoiler:

Oh, and I redid the OP, and cleaned up the useless post.

Back