• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
From what I read it as, the old King's actions made a rebellion occur against himself, and the descendant wants to reclaim the throne.
As always, thanks for the compliments. But to clear up the storyline, yes, what Banjora said is correct. If you read about the history of the Hawthorne region in the first post you may read about the old king Daydream, which I hope clears things up for you. Just remember that the last king was around 500 years ago. So now, this man, who calls himself "King", believes himself to be a descendent and a rightful heir.

Also to mention, the antagonists are based on a deck of cards.

Atomic Reactor

The story all sounds fine and dandy, but i have a little nitpick with him wantingto do "evil things"
I feel like it shouldn't be so.... direct lol. The king should have a motive, that he thinks is actually good, while most of society thinks as evil. I think that would be a little more realistic.

But I mean it's your game, so it's whatever haha

Years
This Game Looks Insanley Awesome I Stood In Shock!! When I Saw It Good Work Cant Wait To Play It

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
The story all sounds fine and dandy, but i have a little nitpick with him wantingto do "evil things"
I feel like it shouldn't be so.... direct lol. The king should have a motive, that he thinks is actually good, while most of society thinks as evil. I think that would be a little more realistic.

But I mean it's your game, so it's whatever haha
Team Rocket is an organized crime syndicate in pursuit of evil and exploitation of Pokémon based in the Kanto and Johto regions with a small outpost in the Sevii Islands.
The King's motive isn't much different. So I don't see why you think I should change that buddy.

King wishes for power, which is stated, and to do that he wishes to take the throne.

Atomic Reactor

Where is that from? The official games? They never did have a strong point in the plot department lol. (except like... the newer ones, i liked that plot)

Yeah, I understand that he's a bad guy, but I feel like going the direct approach about it isn't the best idea. I mean, in movies and history, the bad guy never came out and said "I'm evil and want to do evil things" Most of the time, the real good stories have decent guys, with good intentions, but only for themselves.

Idk what I'm trying to say here... Just that I don't think he should be so direct about being evil... Just my opinion, not that it really matters ha.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Where is that from? The official games? They never did have a strong point in the plot department lol. (except like... the newer ones, i liked that plot)

Yeah, I understand that he's a bad guy, but I feel like going the direct approach about it isn't the best idea. I mean, in movies and history, the bad guy never came out and said "I'm evil and want to do evil things" Most of the time, the real good stories have decent guys, with good intentions, but only for themselves.

Idk what I'm trying to say here... Just that I don't think he should be so direct about being evil... Just my opinion, not that it really matters ha.
Yeah it's from the official games. Regardless though, I do see where you're coming from. Though it isn't just a "I want to be powerful and evil person", there is the whole idea that King feels that he deserves to be the monarch. And so, he was someone who began small, but the more he engrossed himself in his family history the more he began to become frustrated and annoyed with how the last king was dethroned.

It's pretty hard to get across too much about 1 character in games like this, the screen is also quite small. But I do think that there is enough motive for him to be the antagonist. If you feel that the motive is too direct, you could take a look over the entire storyline here. However, I think I will revise that section of the thread and clarify things a little.

I see what you're saying, but I honestly do think if I tried to get across more motives and history within the game, I'd end up flooding people with text in it also.

Atomic Reactor

Oh yeah yeah for sure, there's soooo much backstory and character development on paper, that would be just a hassle to make it happen in game haha.
The way you described it in this reply sounds a lot better than him just wanting to do evil things, ya know? He doesn't seem to think of it as evil, but you will obviously know it's not good.

Anyway, glad you get what I'm saying haha XD

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
This game is sooo beautiful. Very professional looking Ab. I am very impressed, and jelous. I wish I could make something as amazing as this.

Gnarwinism

Grandson - er, whats his name?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
Oh my god this game is worth more than a nintendo game to me. If you ever completely finish this game, Id totally be willing to donate the cost of a normal pokemon game. I love the music and animated graphics, the forest music is my favorite. And when I saw staryu, my favorite pokemon, as a starter, I just fist pumped.

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Ah, i've noticed you've changed the starters :o before i would have gone with Poochyena hands down, now maybe growlithe..ah but i like staryu and petilil too xD i'd probably end up having to play three times just for the starters :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2012
This is incredible. Just absolutely incredible. This looks better than the official games, really. If you ever need a tester or anything, please let me know. All of the people working on this, are geniuses.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Your work is really cool. And I chose Growlithe already.

Oh, and Signomi means sorry in greek.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2016
This game looks absolutely amazing. It looks so neat and pretty :). I hope this game comes out with something to play soon, it looks just too good.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Absolutely awe inspiring. Sorry if that sounds cliche, but I've never seen a fangame so professional looking in progress.

Riansky

Purr
Years
where is the link????????????????????????????????

download link

WTH is wrong with you. The game is not released yet..

I really love the new professor desing and I also like that magnetic cave animation you put in the first page, really good. Your game is really inspirative (I hope this is the right word). Looking forward for the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back