• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GP's NASCAR Sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Update:

#02 brandon ash sprinter trucking
#09 miccosukee marlin
#09 miccosukee bliss
#7 menards
#43 bumper to bumper
#71 american monster
#73 quality concrete raines

Coming soon:

#99 subway
?#41 big red
#06 trevor boys the rock

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
5_Kelloggs.png
5_Kelloggs.png
5_Kelloggs.png
5_Kelloggs.png
5_Kelloggs.png
5_Kelloggs.png
5_Kelloggs.png
5_Kelloggs.png
5_Kelloggs.png
5_Kelloggs.png
5_Kelloggs.png
5_Kelloggs.png

There is NO BIAS here whatsoever... <ahem>

My favorite driver started first:
896-phoenixrace0419.ART0_G55EH3P0.1+mark.JPG.embedded.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

He had great pit stops:
D97LAP8O1.jpg

He ran clean out front the whole afternoon and evening:
mark_phoenix_win.png

Crossed the finish line first:
c2s_martin041909_64920c.jpg

Did his victory lap:
large_martin19.jpg

And hoisted the trophie!
46377199.jpg

...Did I mention that Mark Martin is 50 years old?

Congradulations Mark Martin on your 36th career victory, and here's to the 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship!!!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
New paintschemes from talladega and richmond coming up!

#6 freight
#7 menards
#7 energizer
#12 star trek
#18 pedigree
#18 combos
#31 prilosect-walmart
#39 prelude
#41 big red
#41 smallsponsor
#77 penske/aaa
#87 maui
#96 black ask.com

Redid the #6... i was lazy originally and made the sheild, it's really supposed to say UPS...
6_sheild.png
Original

6_UPS.png
new

Redid the #7 menards...miscolored...
7_menards.png
correct

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
These are two dimensional, a bit boring, and despite the circumstances much too similar to each other to be as small as they are. I'm sorry, but I can't say I like these works.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Yes, i am coming to terms with the fact that they are very 2-D... but i still love making them! They're alot of fun to research on the internet and to watch old races to see the schemes. This is definetly my for fun and the hell of it work, i do these to please one person; myself!

I do appreciate all your comments though.

As a matter of fact, i am actually thinking about making a racing game with them. I don't know how to do all that encripting stuff, but these would fit into a pokemon game, i sized them with the pokemon style tileset size. each car is 3x2 tiles.

As for individuality, in NASCAR, every car has the same exact body. they all just have different paint schemes. That is merely what i do here. just make the different schemes in a basic form.

I don't shade these because i have no defined light source. especially if they're going into a game...as i dream of... then they would have very indefinite light source.

Thanks to everyone who comments! Keep coming by!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Update:

Winner Kyle Busch at Richmond
Winner Mark Martin at Darlington

#7 quaker state
#43 mc cafe
#43 valvoline crewchief
#44 kings cup
#44 best buy
#55 napa brake pads
#78 white denver matress
#87 scott speed

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
A whole slew from the last month or so...

Newly added:
#14 winner allstar
#29 penzoil yellow
#34 raines taco
#41 yeley small
#71 comp.usa
#77 winner showdown
#99 claritan
#99 blue/silver
#00 winner 600
#06 rock

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
I personally don't like these. As stated they are 2d (So are all sprites) but they appear 2-d unlike a lot of your other work. They are good just dont appeal to my taste =]

Years
These are all pretty good. I like them. You are evil for doing this to Tony though. :p Make one of Carl's car after he destroyed the fence a few weeks back.

By the way...how do you like this one, Paul Menard Hater? FWAHAHAHAHA!
14_office_depot_front_wreck.png

Or this one?
14_office_depot_rear_wreck.png

Or this one? Hm?
14_office_depot_all_wreck.png

Or even better...
14_office_depot_fire_wreck.png

...FWAHAHAHAHAHA that!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Nice... Cars. Vrooom! Good job...
I get some uncritical comments here... but this is just a waste of time...
I personally don't like these. As stated they are 2d (So are all sprites) but they appear 2-d unlike a lot of your other work. They are good just dont appeal to my taste =]
Yeah, i know, these are a bit different... they are just a for fun kinda thing i do... they're not meant to be spectacular wonders of the world... just a bit of a fling... and a nice reference too ^_^

very nice and cool i love Dale JR and Jeff Gordon
Yeah, dale jr.'s came out very nicely... some of my favorites... i think i'm gonna redo gordon's number though... it's too thick...

These are all pretty good. I like them. You are evil for doing this to Tony though. :p Make one of Carl's car after he destroyed the fence a few weeks back.
Vance Viper's sig... don't like it... so i was giving a little "payback" joke
Anyhow... look who did a backflip... ^_^
99_clariten_dega_wreck.png

HEHEHE... his hood is all up in his window... and his deck lid is hanginoff... good thing no one died though... did you hear about the one lady who had her entire jaw ripped off? Scary... anyhow, here's a a wrecked up carl...

The Vickers car should have the rear wheel red. ;)
The fact that you know that... or the fact that i forgot... i don't know which one's greater! You're my new best friend! LOL JK... thanks! I'll definitely fix that!

Im not a cars fan but they are good in my view!
Thankyou very much!

Anyhow... UPDATE! This is a mix of everything from Talladega to Dover...

Newly done:
#2 protector lid
#7Richmond Water Heaters
#34 a&w
#44 auto value
#66 aarons
#96 autism speaks
#06 canics

Redone wheels on redbull cars...
OLD
82_red_bull.png
83_red_bull.png

NEW
82_red_bull_wheel.png
83_red_bull_wheel.png

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Okay, i'm redoing ALL of these... well, at least i'm gonna based on your oppinion... just tell me, what do you think is better?

First off, all the grills and headlights are different, so now the cars are not so generic... i incorporated the dodge signature nose, the chevy head lights, the ford cold metal fusion and the toyota crest into each respective model...

also, the wheels are a bit more detailed now...

i updated coloration, numbers and anything else which needed it...

finally, as you guys will see, i created blimp views...

Here's the #1 Bass Pro Shops Chevy driven by Martin Truex Jr.
2009_1_Bass_Pro.png

Here's my original Sprite of his car:
1_bass_pro.png

Here's my new one!
1_bass_pro.png
< see, darker wheels, chevy headlights now... yellow accents under the orange...

Same thing with Kurt Busch's dodge...
2009_2_MIller_Lite.png

Old Sprite...
2_miller_lite.png

New One!
2_miller_lite.png
< again, different wheels, totally recolored... and different number...dodge's headlights are the only one that stayed the same

Any my favorite: Mark Martin's chevy
2009_5_Kelloggs.png

Old
5_carquest.png

New
5_Kelloggs.png
<darker wheels, different headlight, darker blue, and updated carquest logo

And my other favorite driver... Paul Menard's ford
Old:
98_menards.png

New:
98_jm.png
<really, just darker wheels and skinnier ford headlight...

So what do you guys think? is it worthwhile for me to redo these? At least the main paint scheme of every driver? Or am i just wasting my time and no one's looking at these? I'm leaving this up to you guys...

Last edited:
Years
Vance Viper's sig... don't like it... so i was giving a little "payback" joke
Anyhow... look who did a backflip... ^_^
99_clariten_dega_wreck.png

HEHEHE... his hood is all up in his window... and his deck lid is hanginoff... good thing no one died though... did you hear about the one lady who had her entire jaw ripped off? Scary... anyhow, here's a a wrecked up carl...

That is good. I missed it when I read the reply the other day. I did hear about her, I am glad no one died as well. I was pretty worried about everyone when I saw his car go air born. Anywho onto the new style. I think that you have added quite a bit more detail into them seeing as they are so small. The headlight differences are a good change. I like the wheels/tires too. You didn't show a Toyota though. I like the top view of the cars, but for the outlines you should try to use darkened colors of the car rather than black. Like Kurts car, a darker blue outline might be better. Of course things that are black will have black outlines. LOL Any way GREAT job again!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Yeah, i've gotten that about the outlines before... i'm sure whether i want to do that or not though... just because the black bolden's the car against the track pieces i made...

Anyhow here's some more new ones i made... pretty much everyone of them has been edited...

Truex Jr.
1_bass_pro.png
Added the yellow pixel under the point of the 1 on the roof

Mark Martin
5_Carquest.png
Carquest! YAY
5_Cheezit.png
and Cheezits!
5_poptarts.png
and poptarts... i don't like the hood on this one so much... writing words is tough when they're so small!

Kasey Kahne
9_budweiser.png
from old one, i added dodge logo on side, added outlining to number and fixed wheels.

Dale Jr.
88_AMP.png
From old one, i darkened the green, added outline to numbers, added a couple logos, and fixed the wheels...white splitter too
88_National_Guard.png
same here... darker, bolder, and new wheels...white splitter too

Paul Menard
98_nibco.png
don't like the hood on this one either...
98_Q.png
This one is just pure awesomeness! One of my favorites along with tony the tiger martin

>BLAH< I don't like toyota's...but i guess i have to make 'em:

Denny Hamlin
11_fedex.png
from original, added darker tone to stripe, wheels are new style, added "express" after fedex logo on side
11_fedex_freight.png
same exact as top... except this one says "freight"
11_fedex_ground.png
same again... "ground"
11_fedex_office.png
GRRR! That stupid Kinkos logo on the hood makes me mad... i can't make it right... that's as close as it gets...

So there it is, a couple more! Tell me what you think!

BTW LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE AND MY AVATAR... THEY'RE TWO DIFFERENT ANIMATIONS!

Last edited:
Years
I never thought about that with the borders of the cars. I seen the animations, I like how you did those. The Fedex cars look fine. Even the Kinkos logo looks good to me. I am sure that's exactly what it looks like for the good year blimp. :p Just out of curiosity, what program are you using to make all of these with?

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
I make them all on paint.

The custom template i use is on my other sprite thread. These sprites are compatible with diamond/pearl/platinum tilesets...

I know that the Denny's cars looks nice, but still, that doesn't mean i like him... or at least the car he drives... no me gusta los Toyotas...

More newly done's

Matt Kenseth
17_dewalt.png

Elliott Sadler
19_best_buy.png

Jeff Gordon
24_dupont.png

Clint Boyer
33_general_mills.png

Jimmie Johnson
48_lowes.png

Scott Speed