• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
In La Liga, just Real Madrid - Osasuna, first match at home, without Ronaldo, after their unexpected tie the first day. And Athletic - Atlético, because well, Atlético is the current leader and both brother teams are always fun to watch XD But nothing else specially remarkable.

Also already changed the title :P

Last edited:

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
I hope Real Madrid shows us its true POWER, since the first game disappointed me really. I prefer them over other teams in La Liga, because Ozil and Kheidira joined them. I really do not see why Mourinho got a handful of players. I mean Ozil and Canales, and even Pedro Leon were not necessary. The team was doing alright without them, IMO. :\

Atletico did pretty good in the first match and they will fight for the league championship, IMO.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Rangers have a easyish match against hamilto which i am looking forward to watching :)

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I hope Real Madrid shows us its true POWER, since the first game disappointed me really. I prefer them over other teams in La Liga, because Ozil and Kheidira joined them. I really do not see why Mourinho got a handful of players. I mean Ozil and Canales, and even Pedro Leon were not necessary. The team was doing alright without them, IMO. :\
Ozil and Kheidira joining plays a big part. XD; But we haven't really been able to see their sparks just yet. And I agree with all the unnecessary negotiations; Mourinho is just doing his job of trying to win the league this season, I suppose.

And I look forward to seeing Villa and Messi again. :D

Bartender

Care for another drink, ma'am?
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I support Real Madrid, like some of you seem here, since I visit there a lot and have watched a lot matches from them. And as for national teams, Spain and Germany are my favorites, since where I come from, football is probably never heard of.

Like Ficher said, some players Mourinho negotiated to bring to the team were not needed. I mean Canales, for God's sake, he sucks. I know he's still young and he needs plenty of experience to play with quality players in RM, so putting him in the starting eleven would be stupid. A smart move joining Carvalho on the team, since he is one of the better defenders in England and now in Spain, and simply because RM's defense needs tightening.

Ivysaur

Years
The problem is, there is a huge media influence all over Real Madrid: Canales was incredibly praised by Real Madrid's newspapers pampleths Marca and As (shortly after they had a "Manolo (Pellegrini), you are fired!" front cover the day right after the league ended). For the last 5/6 years, they have pretty much said who had to leave and who had to be hired and who had to play (two weeks ago, they were all "Van Der Vaart should go") ...and the sad thing is that most coaches have paid attention to them (the ones who didn't were fired after 6 months, not even getting close to the regular year, and one only lasted two matches).

All the best for me though, since I support Atlético and Barça :P It's really fun to go around saying that your team is the one who wins stuff in Madrid lately.

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
Haha. I thought you were with RM. xP Yea, I do not think RM will win anything this year, but the next might be different.

By the way, who won La Liga apart from Barcelona and Real Madrid? Did Altetico win it or someone else, too?

Ivysaur

Years
My family has always been Atlético/Athletic supporters XD So when I told people everybody was "You supoort Atleti? Ha-ha, we have 6 EUROPEAN CUPS AND YOU HAVE 0 LOOOOOLZ"... and believe me it didn't help making me change my team XD Even when we were relegated to Second Division.

Real Madrid - 31
Barça - 20
Atlético de Madrid - 9
Athletic Bilbao - 8
Valencia - 6
Real Sociedad - 2
Deportivo de la Coruña / Sevilla / Betis - 1 each.

Last edited:

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
Haha. You are a true, loyal supporter. Haha. I started liking Atletico when Forlan transferred there. xP He's one of my favorite players.

And I thought RM and Barca only won them. Atletico won 9 times, which is pretty fair. This year's La Liga will be Barca's yet again, or Atletico's.

You know the team that came from the 2nd division Hercules? Didn't they buy Trezeguet and some other good players? :O I mean, are they rich or something? They suck.

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Hey all i just wondered what you all think about man city who seem to be able to buy anyone. Some people say they hate them and they are ruining the game by trying to take all the talent. But me along with others love man city the only reason i suport them is because we rangers fans tend to go with man city and chealsey whereas the scummy half of Glasgow (Celtic) tend to go with man utd and liverpool.
So just post what you think of them :)

Years
Yeah, Rangers won't like Man Utd because the smashed up the town last time they played.

Man City still won't get too far before the owner leaves and they end up with huge debts.

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
See i dont think the owner will leave as he set out a 5 year plan on what they were theachieve and he estimated they would be a competitive team amongst the best in 3 years so its all looking good to me and tevez is unreal :)

Ivysaur

Years
You know the team that came from the 2nd division Hercules? Didn't they buy Trezeguet and some other good players? :O I mean, are they rich or something? They suck.

They are probably rich, I mean, last year they had enough money to pay the teams they were playing against so they wouldn't even attempt to defend to win as many points as possible and get promoted, according to some evidence the police got for a political corruption case the team's owner was involved in- sadly they couldn't use the evidence to relegate them again.

But yeah, if they could pay €200,00 to each player in Cádiz so they would purposedly lose, I guess they have money to hire good players.

Assassination

I am hired to kill you
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2010
I heard it was just a political matter, as in accusing Hercules in bribing for political reasons. Though the largest shareholder of the Hercules team was caught confessing that the management bribed at least four teams in the 2nd division to ensure relegation/promotion to the first division. However, the tapes were never shown and the case was somehow disregarded afterward. Also, I believe, not sure though, the teams that accepted the bribes were on a temporary suspension and had to pay a fee, but Hercules remained the "innocent" one here.

Ivysaur

Years
The tapes weren't shown because the Judge that is investigating the corruption case involving the owner is keeping them secret until the investigation is finished. But the Judge admitted the existence of said tapes, but refused to use them to start another investigation since that would break the constitutional right to keep private conversations: the judge authorized recording said conversations just for the corruption case, so they couldn't use it for something else. So... yeah, the League opened an investigation and punished the bribed ones... but that's all.

The "it's a political matter!" part is just a stupid scapegoat claim, since said corruption case involves the regional governor as well. But I can't see how a building contractor bribing a team to get his own one promoted can be considered "a political issue" oo

Assassination

I am hired to kill you
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2010
Indeed. You have a good point there. It's just sad to see some team with bribing accusations to be even let to play football and moreover, be promoted to first division. Normally, any team or club or even a player that is accused with anything that might compromise something (reputation or whatnot), should be disqualified or banned from playing.

Enough about that. I read that you, Went, support Athletic, which I do till death also. Today, they will own Bilbao, hopefully.

And Everton VS Man Utd just started, like 10 minutes ago. I hope Everton wins. I dislike Man Utd in the PL.

Infamously

Infamous me
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
My dad was once a Leeds United supporter, when they were strong and ranked in the top 5 in the PL. After being demoted to the SD, he lost faith in them and they weren't/aren't showing us what they really are capable of anymore.

Manchester United and Everton are tied! Oh my god! Everton scored two goals in the same minute, at the 90th minute, when Manchester was winning 3 to 1. Fletcher, Berbatov, and Vidic score for Manchester and Peinaar, Cahill and Arteta for Everton. It was an exciting match to watch and Berbatov proved to be necessary in Manchester's formation.

Ivysaur

Years
Oh ho ho, Barça are losing 0-2 against Hércules XD What a surprise. If Madrid flops as well, we have real chances of getting a jumpstart this season.

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
Could it be that Hercules bribed Barca? :O Haha. Madrid will probably flop today, but Athletic will win, I hope.

Where is Puyol? Is he injured?

Valencia also won against Racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back