• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Champion is back!

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Okay, me and funnybunny have had a LONG break from Pokemon Champion, but now I think it's getting started again.
I've been working on a new city and have prepared some screens for you.
You'll get to see them before funnybunny! :classic:

The entrance to the city. (that big building is still being decided on what it is)
pokechampnew29ea.png

The Pokemon Academy. This is a school where you can go to learn new TM's.
You must complete challenging minigames to recieve them.
pokechampnew11pg.png

To the East of the town. You can Dive under the water when your Pokemon is able to.
pokechampnew36jy.png

This is Route 3, very basic stages.
pokechampnew41hb.png

There, enjoy! ;)

P.S. - The demo is still available for download.
(Please note that we know about all the bugs in the demo, but it's enough to give you a taster)
DOWNLOAD POKEMON CHAMPION DEMO 1

D-jo4000

Gamemaster. Pokeruler
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2009
Pokemon... Champion.. IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!
This is a complete miracle.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Neat screenies, you got there!!

I assume this is being made in RMXP?

Otherwise, nice screens, and good luck on completing this ;)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Great mapping, Raccoon. One thing though, the door on the big building in the first screenshot doesn't really fit in too well. I think it'd look better if you used a door like the one for the PokeMart or something.

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Peekimon,
Actually, it's being made in rm2k... :p
I had the ambition to make a Pokemon game a while back, but I couldn't code a battle system, that's where funnybunny came in.
He created the whole CBS himself, and not only did that, but was a great help at getting the game started. Now, he is my loyal friend and companion and I really trust him a lot.
Oh, and the game is being made in rm2k because we started when I had 56k net speed and I couldnt download rm2k3, it was too big. So now that we've made a lot of progress, I guess we shouldn't change.
We don't even need rm2k3 anyway. :)

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Oh? Rm2k? Wow, the way the screens were double sized made it look like RMXP... Anyways, cool work ;)

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Nice to see it back. lol i could tell it was either rm2k or 2k3 by the font lol. Well it's great to see it back hope to see more soon.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
This looks great I'm downloading the demo right now good luck with your project.

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Prof Plum said:
Nice screens! The building in the first pic looks like a hotel. There are 4 stars above the door.

Thanks for saying it looks like a hotel. Thats what it's gonna be now.
You'll go in the credits now. :D

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Looks fairly nice. Where exactly is this new place? Do you begin in a larger city, rather than a small town? What's the deal? Anyhoo... Cool. Bye. Yeah...

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
IMO, the title screen (in your sig, I presume) needs to be redesigned.

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Will do, Peekipoo. ;)

I'm gonna do that right now infact.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Good screens, Raccoon. So Pokemon Champion is back, eh? That's good news. I remember playing that first demo, and it was great! One of the first I've played with a good party & PC Storage system. Is there going to be a demo soon, or will we wait a while? BTW, how did you change the font from the standard to the FRLG font? I asked that in your other thread, but didn't get answered...

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Blueguy,
these are really new screens, there are two towns, two routes and a forest before this city.
You start in a town with a harbor in it.
I did have screens before, I'll make new ones probably.

GymLeaderLance99,
The new demo will be out in about a month or maybe 2 months. The new demo will include improved battle system. More Pokemon. Ability to use CUT.
I found that font online and converted it to work with rm2k. I can send you the font if you would like.

Back