• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Uranium (NEW DEMO 4.0 RELEASED!!!)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Hey guys! It's Zephyr, your resident spriter, here to show you some fakemon that I've been working on behind the scenes! Most of them are revamps, but we'll start by introducing some new faces.

raptors.gif

Raptorch and Archilles
Fire/Ground

Those of you who watch me on Deviantart might be familiar with these guys already. Raptorch and Archilles are the new fire starters, to be replacing Flager and Inflagetah. If you liked Flager better, rest assured! He's not gone from the game for good; you will be able to capture him in the next beta. These two have functionally the same stats as the Flager line: Very high speed, high attack, mid special attack, defense, and special defense, low HP.

paharlineup.gif

Pahar, Palij, and Pajay
Fire/Flying

Same old Pokemon, brand new look! Pahar will be a familiar face for those of you who played the beta, and those of you who completed the Rochfale lab sidequest will note that Professor Bamb'o owns a Pajay. They are intelligent Pokemon and are frequently raised as pets. Palij and Pajay have specially shaped feathers that generate friction in the air, causing sparks to trail behind them as they fly. High special attack and speed, mid HP and special defense, low defense and attack.

bugslineup.gif

Sponee, Smore, and Tricwe
Bug

More revamps! The elemental bugs are found on the early routes, and confound many with their typing (they are all pure Bug, and gain a type2 when they evolve in the mid-to-late 20's). Despite not having said types, they learn a number of elemental attacks that are good to bolster your team's type coverage. Somewhere in Tandor, there is said to be a nest wherein their Queen resides.

metalynx4.gif

Metalynx
Grass/Steel

Evolves from Orchynx at level 28. Metalynx are vicious predators that use their tails to quickly kill prey. Their armor extends underneath their skin, making them all but impervious to physical attacks. Very high defense, high special defense and attack, mid HP, low special attack and speed.

Those of you who have played the game and done the sidequest at the nuclear power plant off of Bealbeach will have noticed some weirdly-colored Pokemon. These are Nuclear Pokemon. They gain Nuclear as a type2 (replacing their previous type2 if they had one). Nuclear isn't your average fan-made type; it's highly unstable, and therefore is weak to everything and also strong against everything. Nuclear Pokemon are vicious and mindless, attacking Pokemon and humans alike. When caught, they are disobedient. There is no known cure for the Nuclear contamination. As you might expect, they are very important to the plot.

And now, I have a question for you guys.

nuclearpahars.png

On the left is how Nuclear Pokemon presently look; black-and-green color schemes with blanked-out eyes. On the right is the new concept: mutated versions of Pokemon, possibly with extra limbs or eyes and a tweaked color scheme. So I'm wondering, which would you rather see?

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
oh my arceus!! this game is comin' along great!
hey twitch, nice fakemon yah got there, pretty, cool.
anyways, what i think is that, you, should go with the mutated, pokemon, its much cooler, but on the other hand, thats actually used quite alot, so i guess, its up to you to decide. anyways, peace!
flamemaster~

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Just played the demo. There are a few minor bugs, but this is coming along really well.

I'll keep an eye on this. But the professor in this game has no idea how to be professional.

Years
Zephyr, your spriting seems to get better each update. The new fire starters are quite the change from the previous ones, which were all quadrupeds, and to be honest, was a bit of a boring trio. I love the Raptorch sprite, but Archilles's pose doesn't seem very dynamic to me. I know that you're trying to emphasize Metalynx's steel typing, but I think it would look a lot better if its entire body was covered in the green, flowery skin (or fur?). The thing that bothers me the most with Metalynx would have to be the tail. I suggest that you give it a more prehensile-looking tail and lose the hole in it. Pokemon don't tend to have sharp objects like that, attached to them. As for the nuclear Pokemon, I like their look now, I'd rather not see something with extra limbs :x. Anyhow, good luck with the game, JV and keep on spriting, Zephyr.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
progress on this hack looks magnificent !!!!! wish you luck on finishing this so i can enjoy it...

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
sorry sorry, i know its not a hack (i couldn't possibly be that stupid), honest mistake !!! ment game [RMXP]

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
:)

I love the game, i'm real fan of it, i shown it to my friend and he loves it too!

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
I prefer the black and green Nuclear Pokemon over the mutated ones. The current nuclear Pokemon stand out more, and seeing them with a few minor changes wouldn't really fit well. However, I think that the black and green style should be combined with the Pokemon being malformed for a truly impressive look :P

TheAngryPidove

Don't Make A Pigeon Angry
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 25, 2011
I'm loving this game, especially the fakemon. Along with Pokemon Helio Version, I can't wait for this game to be finished! Love the new Raptorch line, beautiful!

Also, anyone know the correct answers to get the fire starter (I want a Raptorch in the next demo/final game).

Last edited:

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
I'm loving this game, especially the fakemon. Along with Pokemon Helio Version, I can't wait for this game to be finished! Love the new Raptorch line, beautiful!

Also, anyone know the correct answers to get the fire starter (I want a Raptorch in the next demo/final game).

You need to answer with aggresive answers. For example, when the Professor asks you what move you like the best, you need to answer with Hyper Beam (Protect is defensive and Dream Eater is balanced, because it does damage and heals). I don't remember the other questions, but answering like that will get you Flager.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm just stopping by to say I'm sorry for the lack of updates but that in fact the game is coming along quite nicely and also that I'm planning on making a new video, so if you have any suggestions for it I would be glad to hear them. Also version 2.1 hit the 2000 downloads mark :3

Back