• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Good Pokémon to use to beat Misty

Sasuke Uchiha

The Avenger
Years
Currently I have restarted my Fire Red game and I need a Pokemon to use to beat misty..

Current Team

Charmelon lv.17

Pidegetto lv 20

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
You need more Pokemons. Bad starter with Misty.
But you can still pass by leveling up your other Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Dude you have a Charmeleon, I'm sure you'll be able to beat misty with that in a cinch.

On a more serious note, you should have caught a pikachu back in the forest before moon cave. Lamenting the losses, go catch a caterpie and level it up with or without evolving it depending on the skill sets. Caterpie is your only hope now... or an oddish.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Try training both of your Pokémon by at least five levels. After that, you should be having no trouble defeating Misty. If you still cannot beat her, then why not try using some recovery items such Potions, Super Potions, etc? If I were you, that's what I'd do. d:

Sasuke Uchiha

The Avenger
Years
Varus,I tried to catch a Pikachu but it never pops up so i stopped trying but do you think I should go back and try again?

EDIT: By the way I just caught a Caterpie before i posted this and Now it's a Butterfree.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There are Bellsprout/Oddish in the route past Nugget Bridge. Grass Types > Misty.

Power Level, catch more, or use items like a mad man are your options.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Varus,I tried to catch a Pikachu but it never pops up so i stopped trying but do you think I should go back and try again?

EDIT: By the way I just caught a Caterpie before i posted this and Now it's a Butterfree.

If you can still go back without restarting the game I would definitely get one, otherwise get some grass pokemon, as another user said there's also bellsprout. Totally forgot about bellsprout.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Bellsprout is definitely the best choice, it's great even up to the elite four, especially if you get it to Victreebell :)

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
look there are too many Ways. Look if you choose Bulbasaur it can help you a lot in the battle but goes useless in most of the other gyms, taking Squirtle will not do much. And chairzard will blast off from the battle area within a minute. So whatever Pokemon you choose doesn't matter. but you can try using any grass type pokemon. I mean catch a strong grass type Pokemon like Bellsprout, then evolving it to Victreebell like ryemck said. Or any other like Oddish will be great. But you need to do a strong training and evolve your Oddish. Then with Oddish And Victreebell and the other pokemon you have go to the gym, Be prepared like take too many Super and normal Poition. And healers and other berry and other medicines. And also with a great preparation to battle misty. Well Starly is a bit of easy but next one ah.. to hard. Be sure not to use ground or fire types. And the healing move of Misty's Pokemon will gonna angry you.

Years
Paras @ 17-20 from Mt Moon
Staryu- Poison Powder, then Leech Life or Scratch
Starmie- Stun Spore it, then Leech Life it a bunch

Bellsprout and Oddish play the same as a Paras. Stun Spore, then like to grass move it move it.
Pikachu/Raticate tend to be Water Pulse weak.
Butterfree can be Water Pulse weak. String Shot, Poison Powder, damage from confused and Confusion.
Sandshrew and Pidgeotto need several Sand Attacks.
Spearow/Fearow can try for Leer boosted critical hits.
Ekans can stack its Wrap with residual poison stings, and do okay with Bite.
LOL, Zubat and Mankey.
My experience has me at Nidorans standing better Misty chances with their not fully evolved form.

I hate Beedrill.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2014
Its really unfair that Leaf Green got Victrebell and Fire Red got Gloom. If you have Leaf Green get a Weepinbell straight away and I would absolutey recomend you keep it on your team. If you have Fire Red I would usually recomend Pikachu and to keep on your team and evolve into Raichu. But as it is kind of too late for that I would recomend getting Gloom although not keeping it on your team.

Back