• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] ★ // Binary Graphics & Art

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Wow babe, you make such phenomenally cute art. The Sandile's lineart, texture, and expression are great! Other favorite works on this page are the Litwick, Articuno, and Klefki. Sylveon there is looking rather thin, but I do love the color palette and again, your lineart. <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yeah Sylveon did turn out thin that time. Happens when you try out a different style I suppose! But I'm glad that my other attempts at trying something different (Litwick and Sandile) are among favorites!

Also this isn't exactly an update but it's like I just had an epiphany (although I should have realized this long ago lbr) that if you go with a background color that contrasts the foreground colors you get a much better result!

qDoQ8gQ.png
lesI1lB.png

oh and there is this one i guess not as happy with it though i mean there is like a big blank space to the right i could fill with text or something but meh. maybe i'll redo it sometime. maybe.

r25Kvrm.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I actually like both of the above icons, but your contrasting background definitely lends better to the image. I mean, it's not like mandatory that you should always use contrasting colors, but in that case it really makes that yellow pop and gives a way richer tone to the browns/reds/skin. I'd like to see more of what you can do with that epiphany of yours, cause the results so far are amazing! n_n

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yeah, I like the first one in its own but but the second one overall feels like a better composition with the colors and all? just my take and all!

and a month later:

Spoiler:

claws face at background i will reattempt in a thousand years. the angle is off and just jfkdjsl focus on the subject matter yes let's go with that. hhh

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Almost another month later:

Roxas & Shiny Furret
Spoiler:

Ash & Current XY Team
Spoiler:

backgrounds what are backgrounds

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
SCREAM. CUTE.

lesI1lB.png

ADORABLE. <3 I love your drawing skills and am jealous of your lines and color ability. Stunning.

Your Ash & team drawing is also super adorable. Props for Froakie being impossibly more d'aww than usual.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Thank youuuu! I'm... getting better. Slowly but surely?

I mean looking at my latest piece (below) I can't say that I haven't been getting better.

Cilan & Pansage
Spoiler:

There is a reason for the wings but I'm too lazy to explain hahaha.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Cilan & Pansage
Spoiler:

Can I just say that the outstretched hand you did there is absolutely perfect and I envy your perspective skills?
The way his fingers fold and hold up towards me are done so skillfully... wow.

The folded hand along the hip is actually one of my favorite postures to draw, and I can say with great confidence that you did it magnificently.
Your proportions, perspective, and anatomy within his arms and hands are top-notch!

Keep up the great work!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Hands are a piece of work but I think I'm slowly getting the hang of them. Slowly.

Another piece yee. Coloring is more simplistic in this one but it's because the piece was bigger yep.

It's Movie Time!
Spoiler:

Again there is a reason for the wings but too lazy to explain why haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
some color palette practice doodles things

Cilan
Spoiler:

Litwick
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Drew some other things before this (one that I was quite proud of) but I'm too lazy to fetch them.

Besides I think this one is my favorite anyways.

Ash vs Cilan
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Did you seriously draw that?

Because, and I'm not taking this lightly nor being too serious here, but stating as a fact; this is some of the best damn work you've posted here. I'm genuinely surprised. My only critique is that you should try to make the Pokeballs more round, but that's like the most lame comment ever haha. I am just beside myself.. this is absolutely stunning. You really should be proud of yourself.

<3

Years
Wow Tara, that's actually a really great piece you've drawn there! I could have easily mistaken it for an actual scene from the anime with the amount of detail you put into the drawing there. However, the one thing I noticed is that I think perhaps maybe both Ash and Cilan could have looked a little more serious in their face, such as maybe having their eyebrows raised down lower and at a steeper angle, and possibly less of a smile.. unless you wanted them to be portrayed that way as more of a "fun" battle.

Other than that, I also do like how the buttons on the Poké Balls themselves stick out to create a 3D-looking effect.

Please do keep up the great work; I've always enjoyed browsing through your gallery and you have such amazing talent.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Definitely more as a fun battle than a serious battle because this is Cilan and Ash we're talking about here hahaha. Also in the actual XY ones Ash's expression in all of them is just about the same and it's Pikachu with the serious expression in the ones where he's the first/primary Pokemon Ash is using. But again it's meant to be more fun than serious so Pikachu has the same expression as Ash instead.

But yes! I totally agree that the Pokeballs need to be more round (they're my least favorite part) but other than that I really am very proud of this piece myself and still find myself smiling whenever I see it. I'm glad others think the same ♥

It's funny because I look at things i drew earlier this month and then my later pieces from the end of the month (like the one above) and go 'damn i've improved'. I really am quite proud of myself. uwu

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
More Ash and Cilan I might have a problem.

Spoiler:

I've done more between this one and the last one but this one is the only one I'll be putting up because it looks normal out of context? Idk but yeah. Slowly trying to put mese effort into backgrounds but yeah. Slooow process lmao.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
More Ash I think I definitely have a problem.

Shooting Star
Spoiler:

More Ash[
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Holy crap. Didn't realize how long it's been since I updated.

Anyways, I have drawn a few things but they're not on this laptop. I do have this though:

DYgKsGv.png

Not much but eeey better than nothing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Happy Happy Halloween. Have more Pokeani sorry sorry

Spoiler:

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Latest update is adorable! Your art in general is great, the linework and the colouring is fantastic. I love all of your Ash pieces! But you definitely have a problem ;]

Back