• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of what-will-be-my-team?

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2020
What do you think of this team? Just for a play-through of Platinum not for competitive online stuff.

Arcanine: Flare Blitz, Flame Wheel, Crunch, Extremespeed
Jolteon: Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Magnet Rise, Signal Beam
Gyarados: Waterfall, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Ice Fang
Lucario: Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Psychic, Shadow Ball

Tropius: Flash, Fly, Strength, Defog
Bibarel: Surf, Rock Smash, Cut, Rock Climb.

2 special attackers, 2 physical attackers, 2 slaves.
I have both Flare Blitz and Flame Wheel on Arcanine for killing weaker things without losing health.
I tried the Jolteon/Gyarados combo on Heartgold and it worked great. If you don't know what it is it's where you switch from Jolteon to Gyarados if you come across a ground Pokemon so you take no damage and have a super effective Pokemon and where you switch from Gyarados to Jolteon when you expect an electric attack so you end up healing Jolteon 25% of max HP.
Lucario mainly just for type coverage.
2 HM slaves because... yeah...

This team covers all types, having at least one move that's super effective against each type. But the only ground type move for the electric types I have is on my Gyarados, who takes 4x damage from electric types. Also Arcanine, Jolteon and Lucario are all weak to ground types, which is bad.

What do you think of this team? Any suggestions?

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
In Platinum is flash not a HM its a TM and you forgot waterfall as HM.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2020
In Platinum is flash not a HM its a TM and you forgot waterfall as HM.
Waterfall is the best move for Gyarados though and I need flash on someone. Physical water type attack with 80 power and a chance to flinch. It's not like I'm not using it on Gyarados just because its a HM.

Last edited:
Back