• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Ribbon makes sense. It's also a good way to reintegrate Pokemon contests / PokeBlocks. Also a hint that maybe a Gen III remake is to come? :P

blue

gucci
Years
Ribbon makes sense. It's also a good way to reintegrate Pokemon contests / PokeBlocks. Also a hint that maybe a Gen III remake is to come? :P

Yes please!

I do like the idea of a Ribbon type of item influencing Eevee to evolve into Sylveon. Although it may be a completely new method since each group of Eeveelutions introduced have always had a unique method of evolution. Flareon, Vaporeon and Jolteon were through Elemental Stones, Espeon and Umbreon through happiness, Glaceon and Leafeon through leveling up at a certain area.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I'm thinking that Eevee may evolve into Sylveon through the use of Pokemon-amie. Also, has anyone else considered the possibility of Sylveon's counterpart being a Dragon type Eeveelution? It makes sense, with all previous Eevee evolutions being paired with types they are either weak or strong against. Perhaps Eevee will evolve into Sylveon by making it happy using Pokemon-amie, and will evolve into Sylveon's counterpart by making it unhappy.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Now Jigglypuff becomes the ultimate dragon killer. <_< [/sarcasm]

I kinda expected something like this. I wonder if we can transfer our 5th gen pokemon now, seeing as some old ones will be retyped.

Still not sure how to feel about "fairy".

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
If I ever want to make the same team than Green/Blue ( Female one ) from the manga she will be stronger, same with the Lass trainers that will end up with Fairy pokemons.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I knew that Sylveon would be a Fairy for the past few weeks. Can't help but how Eevee will become Sylveon, tbh.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
so Sylveon is the first pure Fairy type, eh? Now that that's over with, I'm curious to know how Eevee evolves into it and what moves it knows.

Clefairy could become pure Fairy too... I don't see how Jigglypuff is a Fairy type... If they brought in Sound type, Jigglypuff would make sense as a Normal/Sound type, but not Fairy...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think the most exciting thing for me about the new Fairy-type being revealed is that we can finally put the Sylveon speculation of what type it is to rest. A long overdue reveal and so glad that puts an end to this chapter.

Still, I wonder what it will be that makes it evolve. I still think a ribbon-like item may be a strong possibility or maybe a new stone.
I fee like it may evolve by using Poke Aime as the official site's Aime portion seems to imply that there's surprises for using it, it's worded in a way that reminds me of certain evolution methods.

tnfsf11

Perhaps Eevee will evolve into Sylveon by making it happy using Pokemon-amie, and will evolve into Sylveon's counterpart by making it unhappy.
IMO this would be awesome, I've always wanted that Pokemon evolve with not only happiness but with hatred too, Digimon already made that move (Dark Evolution), like when Greymon evolves into SullGreymon if it was mistreated or forced to evolve, but I guess that would be too dark for the games, as Pokemon will be (again) accused of suggesting animal abuse (*cough*peta*cough*)... But maybe they will make a dragon Eevee someday? Not sure how it will look though...

Last edited:

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Oh Sylveon....I must accept this.

Sylveon is gonna straight up slaughter those ever-popular Dargon-types! Heck yeah! I'm happy about that, if anything.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It kinda made sense, with it's name, and appearance which didt look like an already existing type. Im excited to try out Sylveon in game for my team, it definately has a spot now.

blue

gucci
Years
It kinda made sense, with it's name, and appearance which didt look like an already existing type. Im excited to try out Sylveon in game for my team, it definately has a spot now.

This. I was kinda skeptical about using Sylveon on my team but now that it's Fairy type I'm pretty sure I will, I'm excited to use a new type! It has been 14 years since Dark and Steel were introduced.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I knew it all along. {:3}

Seriously, those who said "new type" from Sylveon Reveal Day™, kudos to you. Your prizes are waiting at the building behind the Gogoat Grazing Field in Lumiose City. Don't blame me if they are all claimed already.

Cyclone

Years
I think the most exciting thing for me about the new Fairy-type being revealed is that we can finally put the Sylveon speculation of what type it is to rest. A long overdue reveal and so glad that puts an end to this chapter.

This. There was so much hype about it, and I'm glad there was a surprise.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Sylveon is gonna straight up slaughter those ever-popular Dargon-types! Heck yeah! I'm happy about that, if anything.

Me too. Although I like some Dragon pokemon, I have always thought that they have an unfair advantage over other types. I am glad that there is a new type that is going to be super effective against them.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I was guessing Bug-type or new type. I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be Normal because Eevee is already Normal and an Eeveelution is a change of Eevee's genetic code to adapt to its surroundings, so an evolution of Eevee can't be Normal-type because it defies canon logic.

I'm not too interested in it, though. Fairy-type seem to be more delicate Pokémon, I'm not too fond of these.

Years
Celebi and Clefairy should friggin be Fairy, I hope Mismagius will be Fairy, too. ^^
But, back to Sylveon's topic, how do you think It would evolve into a Fairy? It may be some event that unlocks an area where leveling-up Eevee will make it evolve into Sylveon? (like Magnezone's evolution)

tnfsf11

I hope it's not by Pokemon-Amie, why not evolve while holding a Pink Bow Pink Ribbon? Or just anything else because I would like to use Pokemon-Amie only to achieve the maximum happiness for my precious pokes to evolve :)

Back