• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I hope you all had a nice leap day, SHC! :cer_boogie: It's awesome getting an extra day to hunt! :D

Today begins March, which means... *drumroll*

IT'S TIME FOR THE MARCH CONTEST!

To win, you must catch or hatch 2 green shinies. The shinies may have any amount of green, ranging from 0.1% of total body mass to being an icky green blob. *glances at shiny Tangela*

REMINDER: The February contest is still open! You can keep catching shinies for that Quest until March 9th.

With Hugo now a striking umbreon...

(SHINY) BEEDRILL APPEARED!!!!! The insanity of it all! THREE SHINIES IN A WEEK?!?!?!?!? wow!

Congrats!!! That must be really awesome to get a shiny in a bug-catching contest! Also, I found the opening clause of your post to be appropriately poetic. Shinies are poetically splendid, after all! :pink_laugh:

junk posts...

thanks to LucarioGuild7 and G-Money

There's no such thing as a junk post, Keruso! If you had to catch a shiny to post, 93.75% of my posts would be junk posts (including this one, 93.78%). Well, maybe they are... :pink_disbelief: "lol"

And I can't take credit for your 85 shinies! That was all LG7! :cer_wink:

Is it just me or am I starting to see multiple G-Moneys? LOL.

"lol" I cloned myself so that I could hunt for shinies multiple times at once! Even as we speak, there are several G-Moneys out there dual hunting while I type this post. Too bad I didn't consider the fact that none of the other G-Money shiny collections would count for mine... :/

Wish me luck!

Good luck! ;)

shiny deoxy

Congrats!! Deoxys is a really awesome shiny.

I know you weren't hunting it for a contest or race, but for future reference, you might as well beat the Elite Four a couple of times with an Amulet Coin and then just buy a couple hundred Ultra Balls! Of course you need to hack to get to the island, but giving yourself masterballs doesn't really seem fair. What you did was fine since you were hunting it just for fun, but you should probably be a little more careful about that in the future in case you decide to join a contest. Still, congrats on the shiny!

Hello hunters, may I please join the club?

Yes, welcome to the club! I don't think the Pokemart gifts can be shiny, although I'm not totally sure on that. I know that the Victini can't, but I can't say with certainty about the others. (I didn't even know there was a Jirachi event, "lol!")

also, you ARE allowed to post chained shinies (dont kill me, G)

I don't kill people for helping new members by explaining club rules to assist them, Keruso! I only kill people for breaking rule #8. :cer_wink:

And yes, chained shinies are fine! Historically, one per chain has been permitted (this prevents people from getting 40+ shinies on one chain, "lol"). However, they don't count for the contests like the Monthly or Yearly Quests because a lot of people will be MMing, SRing, or REing, which take significantly more time than chaining.

Surskit yesterday after not using the PR for ages, then today I got a Swellow

Congrats!

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hello!! Just a quick update:
1200 Pikachu.
8 Zigzagoon.
400 Snivy.

That quest looks awesome, G! I'll start with Snivy, although whether he's blue or green is debatable. I'm doing more Pikachu as I speak, hoping to hit 1500 by the end of the week.

I hope you all had a nice leap day, SHC! :cer_boogie: It's awesome getting an extra day to hunt! :D

To win, you must catch or hatch 2 green shinies. The shinies may have any amount of green, ranging from 0.1% of total body mass to being an icky green blob. *glances at shiny Tangela*

"lol" I cloned myself so that I could hunt for shinies multiple times at once! Even as we speak, there are several G-Moneys out there dual hunting while I type this post. Too bad I didn't consider the fact that none of the other G-Money shiny collections would count for mine... :/

Yes, welcome to the club! I don't think the Pokemart gifts can be shiny, although I'm not totally sure on that. I know that the Victini can't, but I can't say with certainty about the others. (I didn't even know there was a Jirachi event, "lol''.

Like I just said, that quest is awesome! I plan to do extra hunting on St Patrick's day, probably while drinking those green McDonalds milkshakes. :cer_laugh:

That's a good idea! I may try cloning myself along with my DS, see if I can get more hunting done.

I know from months of RNG that the Pokemart gifts cannot be shiny. However,
the ones where you go to an island to catch the Pokemon normally (Mew, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Spear Pillar Arceus), can be shiny by SRing that Pokemon.

G-Money said:
ARs are acceptable for teleporting to event Pokemon that you could never get otherwise. This includes Mew, Deoxys, and Arceus only - no one else. In any other situation, ARs are not acceptable.

I need to clear something up here. Doesn't this also include Darkrai and Shaymin also? I need them for my Sinnoh SR quest, and I intend to get to them via AR. I am going to do this even if for some reason it is not acceptable, since it is for my private quest and not an official one, but I for one believe Darkrai and Shaymin should be accepted, especially since tweaking is not possible in Platinum. :)

Well, bye everyone, good luck!

NOTE: My last post contained everything before the first G-Money quote. I deleted it because I realized after I posted that I needed to quote him, and I wanted to avoid double posting, as there is no way to edit a quote into a post. :(

EDIT: 1234 Pikachu! :P

Last edited:
Years

Congrats!

I will be doing this (hopefully)! As SS said, it's debatable whether Snivy is blue or green, but yeah xD I was also hunting Shiny Tangela too, so I might return to that if I get one of my SR targets (hopefully articuno) done soon.

Congrats on all those new shinies everyone!

2258 Snivy :P

Last edited:
Years
So I have changed my target from yanma to slugma, since I think a magcargo is what my team needs more... but I can't wait for that silver slug! Optimistically I would say I am at about... 50 eggs? maybe more?

When i have my slug (presuming it is still march) I will join into that monthly contest. Two of my team members were going to be green (surprise surprise) so it sounds like fun!

@TheShinyEevee I will hopefully be trying to get the blob of green vines known as tangela too (after slugma) wanna race? :)

Years
So I have changed my target from yanma to slugma, since I think a magcargo is what my team needs more... but I can't wait for that silver slug! Optimistically I would say I am at about... 50 eggs? maybe more?

When i have my slug (presuming it is still march) I will join into that monthly contest. Two of my team members were going to be green (surprise surprise) so it sounds like fun!

@TheShinyEevee I will hopefully be trying to get the blob of green vines known as tangela too (after slugma) wanna race? :)

Good luck with the silver slug/purple snail, haha!

Probably! I defintely will if you're still hunting it when I am, but I really don't know how long Snivy's gonna take, and I'm gonna try to get Articuno on the same LG file first, hopefully. So it may not be March when I hunt it at all, unless someone spills luck on me!
THanks for the offer, though! Hopefully I can :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
Hi guys I like to thanks the people for congrats me on my shiny deoxy but I here on a shiny update.....

Pokemon crystal:: Odd egg did 80-90 SR for it
Pokemon LG:: hunting for shiny mankey did 20 SR be focusing on my crystal.
Pokemon ruby and sapphire:: hunting for torchic did over 4k SR

I got a question if you remember when does a odd egg be shiny? I hear it 1/8 1/16 and it 50% chance if anyone know please respond thanks and good luck to everyone shiny targets :)

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Well, quick update, I was able to download an HG Kyogre off PokeCheck, so I'm now SRing Razquaza just to troll TSE, who can't get WiFi to her game. ;) So, 20 Rayquaza. Was also able to get a bit more in on my other hunts, 464 Snivy in Black, 185 Eevee in Platinum, and my SoulSilver hunts are kind of all over the place, Pikachu's at 1262, also doing Rayquaza as mentioned above, when I'm done both I might reset it and do starters, or I might do the Union cave Lapras first, I don't know. Bye everyone, and hope this wasn't a junk post!

Years
Back again.... another shiny encounter.... failed.... all because of this....
pkrssh085.gif
THING that selfedestruched in my face!!!!
it even has a trollface on it!

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
Omfg shiny magby hatch from the odd egg in my crystal in 105 SR... March Madness coming quick for me... omg he look so cool.

Years
Back again.... another shiny encounter.... failed.... all because of this....
pkrssh085.gif
THING that selfedestruched in my face!!!!
it even has a trollface on it!

Ahhh! I'm so sorry D: I hope you get another shiny/reclaim it soon! Half-congrats and good luck!

Omfg shiny magby hatch from the odd egg in my crystal in 105 SR... March Madness coming quick for me... omg he look so cool.

Sweet! March Madness for you, for sure! Congratulations!

Update:
2345 Snivy! Hehehe funny number :D
And also, I need to train my shiny-catching-smeargle, so I decided to throw it in the daycare with my Japanese Ditto while I do that. Maybe a Shiny Smeargle soon? *Hopeful*

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
1670 - Charmander
Just dropping by to ask a quick question...
Does fishing count for the Encounter portion of the Yearly Shiny Quest? If it does I will fish on (Unova) Route 18 for finneon or horsea (or chinchou but it only has a 1% encounter rate) either way i would be happy with any of them, but I would be most happy with Charmander.
Anyway good luck to everybody on their respective hunts

Years
I was looking on serebii for green shinies and i think i know which two im gonna try and get Jigglypuff(green eyes) and Teddiursa(whole body green) so i might start trying to get one of those in about week.

Years
YES!!! YES YES YES!!!

Shiny Snivy! I named him Link, after all, and I might change it at some point. I don't know.
He was in the 2409th egg... I want to say finally but I know this wasn't a really huge hunt haha! I guess this means I win... :D

Spoiler:

NOW! Let the Soft Resetting begin!!!

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
1262 Pikachu.
467 Snivy.
77 Rayquaza.

I have just finished training my shiny catcher in 4th gen.
He's a LV. 50 as of current Parasect with False Swipe, Spore, Stun Spore, and a last move that's still open.
I'm using him for Rayquaza and Pikachu, and plan to do Giratina with him too once I get that far.

YES!!! YES YES YES!!! Shiny Snivy!

NOW! Let the Soft Resetting begin!!!

Gratz girl! You SO deserved that, 2409 eggs.

Count me in on the SRing.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Snivy, TheShinyEevee! That was a long hunt.

I'm sorry to hear about the shiny Electrode, HaloSonic. The first shiny I ever encountered was a Geodude that Selfdestructed, so I know the feeling.

I've decided to hatch Druddigon and Marill for the monthly contest. I will suspend my Sandile hunt when I reach 200 (currently at 168), and skip Riolu. Several months ago I bred a Marill with Aqua Jet and a Totodile with Ice Punch and Aqua Jet on SoulSilver and transferred them over to White with the plan to MM them someday. I'm finally getting around to Marill, and I'll probably spend some time MMing Totodile too. I plan on breeding Fire Fang and Sucker Punch on Druddigon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
Congrats on shiny snivy theshinyeevee :D!

So I decide to hunt a bug Pokemon in the bug contest in my crystal I not going tell you just yet. But it has a 4% chance of showing and it green right for my 2nd march madness shiny :) hopefully he show on near close to 2000-2500 RE.

Back