• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever wonder why nothing ever changes when you become Champion?

Ice Car

Banned
Years
comic255.png

Maybe this doesn't deserve a topic, but I found it funny.

Sirfetch’d

I think they made it that way because it would be extremely boring standing there all day battling trainers.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I think they made it that way because it would be extremely boring standing there all day battling trainers.
Logic says that people would at least acknowledge that you're Champion and the Elite Four wouldn't have the exact same dialogue like they don't even recognize their Champion though.

And besides, not all Champions just stand around waiting for challengers. The Gym Leaders and even the Champions have been known to travel around frequently. I mean, look at Alder. How many times did you meet him throughout BW1?

Sirfetch’d

Logic says that people would at least acknowledge that you're Champion and the Elite Four wouldn't have the exact same dialogue like they don't even recognize their Champion though.

And besides, not all Champions just stand around waiting for challengers. The Gym Leaders and even the Champions have been known to travel around frequently. I mean, look at Alder. How many times did you meet him throughout BW1?

Yeah, true but primarily they are standing as Champion at the Pokemon League. It would be nice for at least your mom to recognize you as champion. No one seems to even notice.

#isthenumbersign
Years
From what I remember starting in generation four, they might've changed the Elite 4 dialogue after you win. That or their Pokemon just got better and they still said the exact same things. :P

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I think the Pokemon League Champion is a salaried executive of sorts. If you beat him, you become a champion, but not the Champion. There are multiple champions, who are enforcers for the good in the world, and thus they're less recognizable even if their battles with Cynthia or Alder were televised.

Plus, most of the protagonists are 10-12 years old (Hilbert and Hilda are more like 14-15) and they're too young to hold a job like Cynthia or Alder. Cynthia is in her early 20s. Alder's pushing 60. They have the experience the kid trainers don't. Therefore, the kids continue their journey and enforce the good in their region, because they have the heart of a champion.

Just a theory. But I really don't get why your mother isn't proud of you for kicking butt...

Sirfetch’d

I think the Pokemon League Champion is a salaried executive of sorts. If you beat him, you become a champion, but not the Champion. There are multiple champions, who are enforcers for the good in the world, and thus they're less recognizable even if their battles with Cynthia or Alder were televised.

Plus, most of the protagonists are 10-12 years old (Hilbert and Hilda are more like 14-15) and they're too young to hold a job like Cynthia or Alder. Cynthia is in her early 20s. Alder's pushing 60. They have the experience the kid trainers don't. Therefore, the kids continue their journey and enforce the good in their region, because they have the heart of a champion.

Just a theory. But I really don't get why your mother isn't proud of you for kicking butt...

Iris is the champion in B&W 2 and she is very young, so theoretically a protagonist could take the job.

droomph

weeb
Years
I think the hero's like "gurl aw haell naw. Imma be with my friends and have fun without the pressure of battling trainers" or something, and declined the offer...

Or maybe...idek rly

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Iris is the champion in B&W 2 and she is very young, so theoretically a protagonist could take the job.
Iris is probably like 17-18 in BW2. That's older than the protagonists are, and old enough to handle a job that involves battling all the wannabes. Still, I find her status as champ somewhat questionable, and can't fathom what happened - I don't know ANY details, just that Queen Iris is Champ.

Spaniard.King

spain does it for real
Years
yeahhh i always found it strange that after you beat the elite 4 and became champion nothin changed? you were not recognized as the pokemon champion and even if you beat them for a second time when there pokemon's levels got all jacked up. it kind of bothered me. i hope they eventually change that in future games.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
I have this theory, see even when Red was the champion Lance was in the plateau is because Lance was appointed there to be Red's proxy while Red was going about his journey.... So the other champs are your proxy while you're going about your journey.

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
Wasn't there a fan club in Lilycove that would idolize you after you became champion? That's about it I suppose.

Bubbles987

Ace Trainer
Years
Iris is probably like 17-18 in BW2. That's older than the protagonists are, and old enough to handle a job that involves battling all the wannabes. Still, I find her status as champ somewhat questionable, and can't fathom what happened - I don't know ANY details, just that Queen Iris is Champ.

17-18? How could she be if she was 12/14 in the first games?

I often wonder if we actually ever ARE the Champion. Our data gets recorded for DEFEATING them. But still, the home-town people could at least say something like "Wow! You beat the Elite Four?!" instead of "WOW! TECHNOLOGY IS AMAZING! TROLOLOLOLLOL" (or something like that...)

Back