• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Who was your "Right Hand Man"

Prof Elm

Breeding Expert
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2013
Everyone, throughout the course of the main game, has a special pokemon that takes over, as the favorite of the group of pokemon you have. It isn't bad, i believe everyone does it. My question today is "Who was the runner up in that category?" like when the main guy faints, there is always a backup, and he is typically good! Who was yours?

Mine, was an absol. When Green (Sceptile) fainted Absol would clean things up for me! Even if they were 30 levels away

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
it's a little obvious your starter must be the stronger because he should be the one with higher level. my backup? i guess heracross will do he has perfect attacks

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
Fire Red : Pigeot or Dragonite (swapped them back and forth through pc)
Ruby : Ludicolo
Emerald : Flygon

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
When my Sceptile would faint my Walrein would clean tge house in ruby. Even though he was a HM slave. If Walrein would faint my Gardevoir would finish the fight.

Years
when my infernape would faint I used garchomp,for pokemon emerald when blaziken fainted i would use flygon or salemence

RenegadeClyde

....'-'.
Years
In Ruby, it was Glalie. No matter who the foe was, he would get rid of it. In emerald, Absol and Ludicolo saved me from many battles (Especially Ludicolo). In Firered/Leafgreen It was either Vaporeon or Arcanine.

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Whenever my Starter fainted in battle in Sapphire my Mightyena Terra always took over from him. In Firered after my starter fainted in battle my Flareon always finished the finish.

Guy

just a guy
Years
In FireRed, Blastoise was my go-to guy in the game. Whenever he was down, Arcanine would play as second in command. In Ruby, Beautifly always ended up as the Prima Donna of the team. It wasn't usually the strongest Pokémon I had, but it was my favorite and I always liked having it up front. If Beautifly fainted, then either my Sceptile or my Absol would take its place.

it's a little obvious your starter must be the stronger because he should be the one with higher level. my backup? i guess heracross will do he has perfect attacks
My starter Pokémon wasn't always the strongest in the group sometimes. Does that mean I was doing it wrong all this time? D:

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
In LG Kadabra was my most reliable every time my starter was out, while in Emerald Camerupt and Crobat were both very reliable to me so even if my starter fainted they still had to put up with those two.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
All my other Pokémon serve as backups for my starter, but if I had to pick the right-hand man that would contribute more, I'd say Gardevoir.

Years
My Wailord (named Nordique) easily took over that role in Sapphire when my Sceptile had either fainted or had a status problem. It was by far the highest leveled Pokemon I had, so I kept it around as insurance when my other Pokemon couldn't get it done.

FireRed was a little harder for me to remember, as I could recall my go to Pokemon was Pidgeot, but my Venusaur was my 3rd or 4th line of defence. Looking at my game, it turns out it was my Golduck, Dakku. I actually feel bad for forgetting this, as it (along with my previously mentioned Sceptile) was one of my main Pokemon I used in HeartGold after I Pal Parked it over.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
I'm going to say my Jigglypuff. It was the first pokemon I caught and it's my second highest in terms of level.

FFX383

Pokemon Master
Years
When I first played Ruby it had to be Breelom. I mean that dude would just plow through people cause his attack was so high. Also loved how he could learn sky uppercut.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
Ok I played pokemon yellow a loooooooong time ago and there wasnt a second my Alakazam mopped the region by itself so amazing but i couldnt trade it crystal bc nobody had another game near me so I went to Girafarig then to Gardevoir spending hours trying to find a ralts with synchronize sooo long but mainly my psychic types were second to my starter I guess bc of great coverage.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I haven't played any of my Gen III games in a while, but I think it was Sableye. Whenever I was training a low(ish) level Pokemon for my team, if it were knocked out, my Sableye always was more than capable of taking out the wild Pokemon.

Back