• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Anime Fights/Battles

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
What were some of your guys' favorite anime fights/battles?

Was rewatching the Pain vs Naruto fight today and gave me the idea of his thread topic.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
You could pick anything from Fate/Zero XD that anime is just so well animated and such an awesome anime! There's so many and they all look so good :D

Years
Bleach! Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra + Grimmjow. Those fights will forever be engrained in my mind, mainly because I'm a shipper for Ichigo + Orihime ^^ But aside from that, those battles were epic in their own way and bull Ichigo just made it all the more entertaining.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Hmm...:

Naruto
* I'm behind as heck in Naruto, but I just loved the "Rock Lee vs. Gaara" fight during the Chunin Exams; that awesome "pinball maneuver" keeps on popping up in my mind!
* The "Team 7 vs. Zabuza" fight during the Land of Waves arc in Naruto is also a memorable one for me; I loved the unveiling of Sasuke's Shadow Windmill, the "fake-out" that Naruto did against Zabuza, the dramatic-yet-cool "hand sign sequence" for Water Dragon (Bullet) Jutsu, and Kakashi just being cool in general. XD
* "Sasuke vs. disguised Orochimaru" during the Chunin Exams/Forest of Death arc was just cool, especially with Sasuke's thread maneuvers, Sasuke's aerial (and grounded) attacks, and the Dragon Flame Jutsu traveling along Sasuke's thread. :3 Not to mention Sasuke actively realizing his Sharingan (in both eyes) for the first time.
* "Hiruzen Sarutobi (3rd Hokage) vs Orochimaru, Reanimated 1st Hokage, and Reanimated 2nd Hokage" during the Invasion of Konoha arc... The coolness of the 3rd Hokage just soared during that fight.
* "Jiraiya & Tsunade (?) vs. Orochimaru" in Deadlock! Sannin Showdown! was great due to all the summonings, although Jiraiya was kind of incapacitated and Tsunade (sort of) just wouldn't make up her mind regarding allegiance.
* "Naruto vs. Kabuto Yakushi", if only for that epic first usage of the Rasengan against an opponent by Naruto. :3
* The fight(s) in the 1st Naruto movie were also fun to watch..

Other anime:
* Practically any time that WarGreymon is fighting in the Digimon anime, particularly Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 02. I just love it when he pulls out his "Courage Shield" to defend himselve, and the Terra Force attack/technique is just chock full of awesome.
**Can't forget "Omnimon vs. Infermon/Diaboromon" in the movie Digimon: Our War Game. TRANSCENDENT SWORD AND SUPREME CANNON FTW!
* In Pokemon, "Ash's Charizardvs. Gary's Blastoise" (complete with the "OK!" instrumental theme), and "Ash's Charizard vs. Harrison's Blaziken" were quite memorable battles! Also, "Ash & Pikachu vs. Flock of Spearow" in the very first episode. :P
* Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, InuYasha, and Ranma 1/2 had some good fights, although I can't remember any specific examples at the moment.. XD

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
*spoilers*

In DBZ, SS2 Gohan completely demolishing Perfect Cell was fun to watch. The first time Goku fought Buu as SS3 was epic, and Vegito's fight was hilarious.

I have to get back to Naruto eventually, but I really liked Naruto and Sasuke's fight against Haku. It was the first time Naruto was shown using the Nine-tailed Fox and it really did put in perspective how strong it is. Naruto's fight against Gaara was pretty awesome too, it was a cheesy fight since he was fighting for Sakura but it showed off the One-tailed and really developed Gaara's character along with Naruto's. Kakashi & Shikamaru vs Hidan & Kakuzu was pretty freaking insane with Shikamaru pulling out that win like he did. Also the reunion of Team 7 was a great fight despite how short it was.

Mugen's fight with the three brothers in Samurai Champloo was freaking awesome, especially against Umanosuke.

Ash's battle against Ritchie is a classic with it leading down to Charizard not listening to Ash. Ash's battles with Blaine and Morty were great, too.

Outlier

Dragonball: Yamcha vs Tien, Goku vs Tien, Goku vs Master Roshi.

Dragonball Z: Goku vs Vegeta (both of their fights), The Z Warriors vs Nappa, Goku vs Cell, The Z Warriors vs The Cell Juniors, Gohan vs Cell, Future Gohan vs The Androids, Majin Vegeta vs Buu.

Bleach: Ichigo vs Ulquiorra. Also pretty much every fight involving a captain during the Soul Society, Arrancar/Hueco Mundo arcs.

Naruto: Rock Lee vs Gaara.

Samurai Champloo: Mugen & Jin vs Kariya.

Cowboy Bebop: Spike vs Perriot Le Fou, Spike vs Vincent, Spike vs Vicious.

Years
It would have to be Homura's battle against Walpurgisnacht at the end of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. That battle was amazing! Nothing like it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood has a few awesome battle moments. I watched Mustang vs Lust and that's pretty awesome.

Fate/Stay Night (and /Zero) have some amazing battle sequences. One that springs to mind is the mass battle in Zero with Saber/Lancer/Gilgamesh/Beserker/Mage in the river.

Years
There are too many fight scenes I love so I'll pick my three favourites from a few anime.

Naruto

Lee vs Gara

Hinata vs Neji

Naruto vs Sasuke (the final one)

Naruto Shippuden

Sakura/Chiyo vs Sasori

Jiraiya vs Pain

Naruto vs Pain

5 Kage vs Madara (okay so I picked four...)

One Piece

I haven't gotten far in this one yet, but...

Luffy vs Arlong

Chopper vs those two fused guys

Luffy vs Crocodile

Pokemon
I stopped watching a while ago but what the hell

Mewtwo vs Mew

Charizard vs Entei

the entirety of the final battle between Ash and Paul

yeah, the movies really did get the best battles haha

Fate Stay/Night and Fate/Zero

Gilgamesh vs Iskandar

Archer (cause no spoilers) vs Hercules

Sabre vs Gilgamesh (every time)

Darker than Black

Hei vs Wei Zihijun

Sou vs Tanya

There are a lot more and from other anime but that's all I'll say for now. The reasons for most are the same - heavy emotion/drama, sheer badassery, good animation and audio, good scripting. I love a well executed fight scene xD

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Ohhh man. For Bleach, I guess my favourite fight would have to be Ichimaru Gin vs Toshiro Hitsugaya. That battle really stands out for me, because it was one of the first times we saw a Captain release their sword. Toshiro is just amazing as a character. Gin is probably my favourite character from Bleach, so anything with him in it is so cool. His sinisterness is just awesome and how much he overpowers everyone and intimidates them just from standing there is awesome.

For Hunter x Hunter, it's the Phantom Troupe vs Zazan's group. I love the Phantom Troupe so much. When the anime finally got to this part in the latest arc, I was so excited. Just... Bonolenov, Phinks and Feitan all reveal their Nen, which is just awesome. And like, how much they outclass everyone is amazing. They are overpowered, but amazing.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
Years
Some of my favorite fight scenes that I can pull off the top of my head are:

Berserk
Gattsu vs Griffith: The second fight, to win his freedom from the Band of the Hawk. Just thought it was so quick and decisive and showed how far apart they were in skill (at the point). Plus it was a pivotal point in the story, the one that made Griffith do dumb ****.

Gattsu vs Griffith (demonized) and the Demons: Probably one of the craziest things I've seen. To watch Guts cut his own arm off to try and save Casca was amazing.

Dragon Ball Z
Goku vs Majin Vegeta: I've never liked Goku, and I often refer to him as Kakarrot, but this was a pretty awesome fight. Rooted for Vegeta the whole time. I kinda wished he remained evil after this.

Hajime no Ippo
Ippo vs Sawamura: Just recently watched this in season 3. Awesome fighting scene.

Takamura vs Hawk: Takamuras World Title match. It was so visceral and awesome, I couldn't watch the episodes fast enough.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Darker than Black
Hei vs Wei Zihijun

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Mustang vs Lust
Al vs Pride
Wrath vs Everyone

Ao no Exorcist
Rin Okumura vs Amaimon

Kill la Kill
Ryuko vs. Elite Four

...I definitely need to pick up the fate/zero series again.

Back