• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Lightning Yellow

What Should this Hack's Name be?

• Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Pokemon Electric Yellow

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Pokemon Yellow Voltage

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Pokemon Pikachu Edition

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other(Post name)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
t

gary's starter pokemon is actually squirtle NOT a eveee in the anime...squirtle is his first pokemon he ever got, he catches evee later on

Yeah, Yellow is just the third (technically fourth, counting Green) of the first generation, where you play as Red, not Ash, however, Yellow was supposed to be loosely based off of the anime (The reason you get a Pikachu), but still, it's not Gary, it's Green.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2008
hey guys I looked on google how to patch a game and I kinda figured out, but it said I needed to use a rom, not an emulator (which I currently use) of Fire Red for the hack to work. Well, the patched the IPS hack (of a different hack here) onto my Fire Red game and thought "well I guess this will work". I played for like 2 hours and then went to bed. I just tried to get on it and load the game, but there was no save file.... a little help? :(

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
hey guys I looked on google how to patch a game and I kinda figured out, but it said I needed to use a rom, not an emulator (which I currently use) of Fire Red for the hack to work. Well, the patched the IPS hack (of a different hack here) onto my Fire Red game and thought "well I guess this will work". I played for like 2 hours and then went to bed. I just tried to get on it and load the game, but there was no save file.... a little help? :(

This is in the wrong section, and change the save type to Flash 128K

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
You said you can't edit the oak intro right? Well you could use advance text, it works great most of the time for me, although don't go over the number of letters allowed for the offset, because it will ask you if you want to repoint it, and that causes glitches, and if you go under, there's no way to raise the number back to what it was except for repointing it and, as I said before, it causes glitches, so if you want to go under the number, use spaces at the end to fill up the remaining spaces.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2008
T nice to see u still working on this. Have you gone past Pewter city yet and updated the demo. If yes i'll download it and play while i wait :P.

I really hope you'll finish this in the end because original 150 pokemons was my favourite so pokemon yellow remake would be awesome. I loved pokemon yellow alot back in the old days. Take your time, we pokemon yellow fans will gladly wait for ur awesome remake.

Years
T nice to see u still working on this. Have you gone past Pewter city yet and updated the demo. If yes i'll download it and play while i wait :P.

I really hope you'll finish this in the end because original 150 pokemons was my favourite so pokemon yellow remake would be awesome. I loved pokemon yellow alot back in the old days. Take your time, we pokemon yellow fans will gladly wait for ur awesome remake.

The demo goes up to Cerulean(After Gym),and I'm currently working on Saffron City.
(Specifically, Silph Co.)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Lightning Yellow, and Yellow Voltage were the best two names up there to me, but I voted for Yellow Voltage. xD

Anyways, how's progress, T? :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2008
Lol it shud be called Pika Pika, High Voltage lol

Anyways nice work and with the demo, i've already got to the point where the ghost wudnt let me go any further. I hope everything goes smoothly to the very end of making this remake T.

Years
Thanks!
I'm glad you had fun!
I got the ghost idea from playing SG, I couldn't get past the ghost until I searched the thread about it.

Years
I can't wait either:)

I may do some work on it this week, preferably some scripts, and adding that new rival I've been talking to myself about!

Here are two of the Rival's I've decided I may put in, only one of them will go in though.
(You may not use these without permission.)
redspriteol9.bmp
red1qv4.bmp

Red

purpsprtegt2.bmp
purp1re0.bmp

Purple

I'll be using purple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back