• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

I, for one, love Thanksgiving dinner.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I get along with my family extremely well. Naturally, we do have our moments, but we get along very smoothly most of the time.

Years
My family has always been pretty close (both nuclear and extended), and everyone gets along really well. People in my family splitting up has changed the dynamic of it a little bit, but even then we all try to stay in touch with one another.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I get along really well with my family. Of course during the teenage years there were spats and "you don't get me!" moments, but that's natural. Ultimately, I really love my immediate family. However, a lot of my extended family are jerks, so I don't get involved in their business and nor do I tell them what is really going on with me and etc, when I see them. Don't trust them.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I get along better with my family now that I don't spend a lot of time with them lol. It makes us appreciate the time we have together more, I think, so we spend it laughing and joking rather than sitting in stony silence or sniping at each other :P

Years
I usually get along with my family. I used to not get along with my sisters but now it seems to be different. I get along with my mom though she often seems disinterested in stuff I talk about, though we do get along well. I dont have much of a relationship with my dad, we're pretty much polar opposites and he can be unpleasant to be around because he tends to start arguments for the sake of arguing.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I get along with my sister, and for most part, my mom. My dad and I never really got along to begin with so I'm used to it by now. I'm kind of ashamed to say I probably get along with my extended family more than my immediate family, but that's just how it is. My parents never really interact with me, and my sister lives too far away, so it's kind of like they are extended family.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
For the most part, relatively well (no pun intended). I get along better with my sister than my parents. Some extended family (i.e. my sister's fiance's family) I don't know as well, but I do like them.

I haven't gotten along well with my parents as much as when I was a kid. Most of the time it's fine, but my temper results in us fighting. I've never been all that close to my dad, though.

One family member, though...I would like to watch him die. (:

As for holidays, I usually am not around family then. Besides, it's pretty dysfunctional- which can be both entertaining and horrifying. I can't trust any of them. So it's fine with me that I don't see them much. It's not like we're all close and have fun together. The only family members that I joke around with (specifically pushing my limits with suggestive jokes) are my sister and cousin. Heck, I don't even like some of the people in my family.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My family and I have had our rocky moments. There was a point back in the past when I couldn't talk to my mother for a long period of time. But right now we get along like best friends. My dad is more like a brother that I never had, even though we've been fighting lately...but I guess that's natural. My older sister lives in San Diego and what brings us close is texting. Lastly, my little sister, who's 10, loves to troll me. But we still get along well. :P

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
It's been just me and my mom since I was ten, who I was never close to, but we're trying to make it work these days. I do love her to death. We've gone through a string of families, all of which I've isolated myself from. I'd kill to experience holidays the way it seems most people experience them, with people I love and am comfortable with and gambling/petty gossip for entertainment. The American dream.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I've gotten along with my family the exact same way for the past nine years, but the focus has shifted a bit. My brother used to be the center of my frustration, but it's shifted to my mom in recent years. Same intensity, though.

Extended family's a different story. I completely hate my father's side, but I love my mother's side and I wish I could be closer to them but I missed out on that since I grew up so far away and missed all of the friendship moments through my childhood. All of my cousins are great friends, and then there's me and my brother.

Years
I've almost always gotten along with my family. I don't talk to them very often barring my sister (she lives closest to me), but I love them and I'm always excited to see them!

My sister and I didn't get along for awhile because my sister was a brat. Same with one of my stepbrothers. And my little brother to a lesser extent. Once they mellowed out, we were fine. <3 I don't think I ever outright hated anyone in my family though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I get along with my family very well for the most part. Especially with my sister who I spend a lot of time with. Of course, we have our moments but for the most part we're a pretty happy family together.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I love my family. We're really close, especially me and my sister.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
My mother can't go a day without making a comment on my body. She can't respect that it's mine not hers and her comments aren't welcome. Needless to say we do not get along for the most part. It's gotten better since I do not live with her anymore.

My brother is my best friend.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I get along great with my family. It's probably because I don't live with them any more, so that when I do see them, it's always happy-happy-fun times. But even before I moved out, due to uni, I still got on with them kinda well. But, as the saying goes, absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm not in contact with any of my extended family but I get along well with my mom, and aunt and uncle.

Plus, I only really like Thanksgiving for the food because that aunt and uncle have gone to Las Vegas for every Thanksgiving for the past 20 years so it's pretty much just me and my mom but she cooks like it's for fifty people :9

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I often get along with my family. I've had a few conflicts with them, but they were trivial. We'd get together a lot, but since we lost my grandmother (who was keeping everyone together) we've kind of all gone our separate ways now for the most part.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Well, my Ma is quite the caring one, we get along well. We do shout sometimes, but nothing is really bad with it. My Da on the other hand, had a very poor attitude that needs sorting badly. and he's about 8x as bad when fuelled with alcohol.

My extended family, I get along very well with, so all is good.

Back