• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[ MOTY ] Prettiest Profile Contest 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I'm here - if you need any help, Tara. Anyway, totally wasn't expecting this. Congratulations to all the winners! :D Perdition Haze's and Phillip's were awesome and I really liked Nica's profile as well! And I think I voted for synergee and Snorlax - glad to see them there! :D Well deserved, people. Oh and for those congratulating - thank you, guys! :'D

I can finally rid myself of this boring profile now, yay! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
haha. emblems are easy (like mini-avatars!) so i think i'll be fine. but thanks!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
You're most welcome. I'm looking forward to what goodness Tara the emblem-sensei brings us next! <3;

Cid

Years
Ahh I loved all the profiles. <3 Especially the winning ones here. n_n

Congratulations everyone! It was fun participating and seeing how I fared with others. This certainly makes me want to make more profiles in my spare time. That being said, I'm definitely participating in the next one. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Speaking of the next PPC. when do you guys want the next one? Do you guys want it with a certain theme, allow past winners, etc etc? Tell me, or post in the PPC thread here with your ideas. I want to get PPC back running at least more than it did last year, but at the same time I want them to be as successful like this. Maybe with not as many members, but at least enough (especially in the non-supporter category where it tends to lack in participants) to make it interesting like this one?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Kudos to Derozio and Forever for winning Prettiest Profile! I applaud those who placed and thank everyone who participated. I saw some very stellar profiles this time around. The votes were very close and this was a fun year. :D

I would like to see the next PPC around Valentines Day... Imagine all the pink!

If next month is too soon, fun holidays like St Patrick's Day and Earth Day are options in the spring.

Past winners could go on into their own tier (since I was reading a bit about Golurk's Master Rank in the feedback thread). Or, you can exclude past winners every other contest (your discretion). If you exclude all past winners, participant numbers can dwindle over time. To better avoid this, you can have past winners sit out some contests and let others have a chance to fair in ~battle~.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
As Blade said, perhaps just have winners sit out every other contest? There's no point in excluding them, really, as long as they don't enter the same profile design more than once during the entire duration of these contests. Another rank for them would be fantastic, too - might defunct any discouragement brought upon by the same people winning every time!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
That was the main concern about past winners entering again. It would seem as if they win every time and people will eventually get frustrated. But I am all for giving them their own separate category or two (since there is still non-supporters and supporters) to battle it out. And, of course, an emblem that they can win once in the upper rank but can continue to participate in that rank as often as possible. idk.

As for when the next PPC will be I can try and go for Valentines Day with a V-Day theme, since everyone seemed to like the idea of PPC having themes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Why so disappointed? You were one of the ones with the most votes; I could have disqualified you instead for never responding to my PM. :b

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Volcanix769, so it was you who did not reply to the PMs!! And why isn't the results of PPC isn't on this thread?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Because they were put up before the results of the PPC. And since, this year, the PPC winners will be getting a different emblem (which will be completed this weekend), it was a part of the MOTY, but at the same time a bit different. But if you want the results there then feel free to ask Nica and she can put them there.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I knew I wouldn't win with the same profile a second time in a row. Ah well. I know I'm a tad late but congrats to Forever and Derozio for winning and to the people who place 2nd and 3rd.

These are pretty fun so I hope to participate in one in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back