• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DIGIMON ALPHA [OOC+SU]

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
DIGIMON ||| ALPHA
b4fd2a22-224d-483d-a2d3-af14b3ce94e3_zpsfc9ce130.jpg

"We're Not Gonna Fall"

WarGreymon.gif
Synopsis
MetalGarurumon.gif
In the year 2013, the city of New York is one of the most prominent and successful cities in the Western Hemisphere. The lifestyle in the Empire State remains vibrant, upbeat, and fast-paced as it is hard to catch a New Yorker sitting still for a long period of time. However, strange events start to occur when there are reports of strange creatures attacking innocent people in the night. Is there any explanation for these strange occurrences? To make matters more interesting, you were attacked by one of these strange creatures, but somehow you made a friend out of the little one. Why is it that you feel... obligated to look after and nurture this intriguing creature that has befriend you, while other people are being attacked by them? This is only the beginning. This is Digimon Genesis.​

WarGreymon.gif
Tamers
MetalGarurumon.gif
The Tamers can range from a young child to a young adult seeing as how Digimon have a tendency to shift towards youthful and dream-filled individuals. The Tamers also range in terms of personality, appearances, backgrounds, ethnicity, etc. They are a team of people from different stretches of life who eventually will come together for the greater good. Their relationships with their Digimon also can vary as well. Some may have a sibling relationship, other will have a owner/pet relationship, and others could possibly flat out hate each other on the surface but respect each other internally. It all depends on the Tamer. They each wield a transformed version of their personal cell phone, the D-Touch, but its capabilities remain to be seen outside of the fact that it shares the same qualities as a normal smart phone. One commonality is that they all are in the centralized location of New York City for a particular reason, whether if they live there, visiting, or any other valid excuse. Because I am a supporter of quality and not quantity, this RP will have either a minium of three other participants and a maximum of five.​

WarGreymon.gif
Digimon
MetalGarurumon.gif
The Tamers can range from a young child to a young adult seeing as how Digimon have a tendency to shift towards youthful and dream-filled individuals. The Tamers also range in terms of personality, appearances, backgrounds, ethnicity, etc. They are a team of people from different stretches of life who eventually will come together for the greater good. Their relationships with their Digimon also can vary as well. Some may have a sibling relationship, other will have a owner/pet relationship, and others could possibly flat out hate each other on the surface but respect each other internally. It all depends on the Tamer. They each wield a transformed version of their personal cell phone, the D-Touch, but its capabilities remain to be seen outside of the fact that it shares the same qualities as a normal smart phone. One commonality is that they all are in the centralized location of New York City for a particular reason, whether if they live there, visiting, or any other valid excuse. As gamemaster, I will select your character's Digimon based on the application.​

WarGreymon.gif
The Real World
MetalGarurumon.gif
The world that we live in. Most of the people of our world know it as Earth, but inhabitants of the Digital World refer to our realm as the "Real World". The relationship between the Real World and the world of Digimon, the Digital World, is unexplained at this moment, but the perceived notion that the relationship between humans and Digimon is relevant remains intact as to why the two worlds are connected. Digimon that are biomerged into the Real World no long have digital bodies, per se, but they can still suffer the effects of what would happen to them in the Digital World. Digimon have no knowledge of how the human world functions and often complain or converse about how this world is so different from theirs. For the purposes of this roleplay, the primary location for the Real World will be in New York City unless otherwise noted throughout the duration of the roleplay.​

WarGreymon.gif
The Digital World
MetalGarurumon.gif
Similar to our world, the Digital World has a variety of features that make it unique. The Digimon originate from the Digital World and it functions differently from our world, respectively. There are some aspects that the Digital World share with the Real World including having a market place, leadership organizations, and levels of physical maturation, but we cannot for sure tell the complete story of the Digital World without experiencing it for ourselves. For that purpose alone, this space will remain shortened for the duration of the roleplay because this version of the Digital World is different from canon Digimon.​

WarGreymon.gif
The Roleplay
MetalGarurumon.gif
Welcome to Digimon Alpha! This roleplay will serve many purposes and I will try to explain these purposes as best as I can while being as brief as possible. This roleplay will be a text-based and decision-making-based roleplay. The only 'levels' or 'leveling-up' in this roleplay will be roleplay will be handed out by the game master (and even then, leveling up or digivolving your Digimon comes with quality posts). By text-based, I mean that this roleplay will have a bit 'read and react' moments. The gamemaster will present the characters with a situation and the characters are free to read and react within the limits provided by the gamemaster (listed in the rules). By decision-making-based roleplay, I mean that that this roleplay will also have situations where the characters has to interpret one of many options that can be selected by the character. Each decision made will influence the roleplay in a different way, which makes the game as nonlinear as possible. It is my goal for this roleplay too play a bit like a story that each of us are writing, yet we don't know how it is supposed to end. More will be explained once the sign-ups are closed and characters are selected, but if you have any questions, please feel free to post them below.​

WarGreymon.gif
Rules
MetalGarurumon.gif
Rules created by the PokeCommunity Forum and the Roleplay Section are to be followed, no questions asked. Any violation of these rules could possibly result in your removal from the roleplay or worse depending upon the PC administration.

Godmodding is absolutely not allowed due to common courtesy for the roleplay. You may not control another persons characters without the permission of the roleplayer in question. You are only permitted to control NPCs (nonplayable characters) if I allow you to (including villains, allies, etc.).
Interaction between characters is highly suggestive and will be pushed throughout the entire roleplay. Character development will be an important factor throughout this roleplay and your character cannot appropriately develop without social interaction. Be sure to quote the person(s) you are interacting with in order to let them know that you are responding to them. It makes things simpler to understand.

In-Character posts must be made at least once a week in order to keep the roleplay at a steady pace. As the game master, I will post every week at the minimum and will try to have a 'daily post' within the Out of Character thread that updates all roleplayers about what is going on. I would like for the Out of Character thread to be as active as possible, meaning I am pushing for random conversation, plot ideas, and just random conversation about anything (even if it doesn't pertain to the roleplay). Communication is an important factor in making a roleplay a successful one.

Above all, have fun with each other and try to help make this roleplay one of the best on PC!​

WarGreymon.gif
Application
MetalGarurumon.gif
Name: A realistic human name will suffice based on the origin of your character. Nicknames are welcome, but your character must have his or her government in this category at least.

Physical Description: A nicely detailed description if not a picture.

Personality: A brief description of your character's personality. Try to elaborate as much as possible without writing too much.

Story: I am not asking for an essay, but I'm asking for three to four paragraphs describing your character's background. Please stray free from complete sob stories or dramatic backgrounds because I do NOT want an RP feels with depressed histories. Keep them as realistic as humanly possible, capiche?​

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I shouldn't join, but I need my muse back. Hi TK! I hope this isn't depressing. XD

Spoiler:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Wow another digimon Rp seems digimon is popular, don't reserve me a spot but I may or may not sign up

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
I'd love a spot! I'll get an SU written up as soon as I can!

Spoiler:

EDIT: I'm all done! If there's anything you'd like me to change, just let me know!

Last edited:

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Thanks for the Sign-Ups guys! I will look over these pretty soon!

@chuckleslucifer - I know right? Digimon has been pretty popular lately. Hope to see you sign up!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Before I make an SU (probably won't since I have reached my 5 RP limit) I need to clear some things up.

Where in the Digital World is the RP set? File Island? Continent of Server?

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
I'm writing up an SU. I've never been able to find a good Digimon rp that's not closed by the time I get to it, so I'm pretty excited.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Before I make an SU (probably won't since I have reached my 5 RP limit) I need to clear some things up.

Where in the Digital World is the RP set? File Island? Continent of Server?

The RP initially is not set in the Digital World, as the Digimon are somehow entering the Real World (there's a reason why which you all will find out in the RP). There will be a point where the characters venture into the Digital World, but for the first arc, the Real World is the main location.

Keep the sign-ups coming! I'm happy to see a bunch of female characters, since they usually are the less plentiful! :)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Sounds good! I will have my Bio posted some time this week. School has just started back for me, but I will regularly keep you guys updated on matters. I will also make a few comments on Bios this week so be on the look out for that. Keep the bios coming in the meantime! :)

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years

" These goggles were my kid brother's. Don't make fun of them. "

Name: Noah "Ark" Solaris

Physical Description
Noah is a thin athletically built male with toned muscles under his skin. He is quite the handsome guy, being told on various occasions by the females in his classes and the stares of even older women. He stands at a average height of 5'9" and weighs a healthy 142lbs. His peerless dark eyes sends a message of unfathomable mystery and his brows define a sense of nobility and happens to go along perfectly with his angular jaw and refined features. His ravenous lock are short and wavy, reaching only to about neck length. Its a bit unruly but it often serves to represent some evidence of Noah's rebellious nature [ In between his locks are the goggles of his kid brother]. He has inherited his mother's tan complexion but his [as mentioned above] father's regal appearance. Not many girls can resist his beauty.

Noah never enjoyed the concept of a person's status being based on their clothes. So, regardless of the money he has, he's always shopped for the essentials and affordable. When just going out with friends he usually puts on his blue hoodie, cream pants and blue and white 'Nike' sneakers. The hoodie is very simple and light in its material, while the cream pants are somewhat more rugged and survival-like. On his feet are sneakers that offer comfort but at the same time durability; their mainly blue and secondarily white.

Personality
Noah, though he doesn't appear it, is quite the thinker. He is capable of figuring out most problems, giving its difficulty, without much background knowledge on the subject at all. Now this mostly counts towards problems like real-life situations, words problems, or even a hard puzzle. Step-by-step processes like mathematical calculations are far from his grasp. He knows what he had learned so far, so if a life-or-death institution is involving math then you can probably find him sitting on the ground carelessly waiting for his demise.

While its obvious from his overall feeling that he can apathetic towards most situations, its also very obvious that he has a strong passion lying beneath the glaze of his dark eyes. If any one is ever to notice this then they are very perceptive and should be capable of earning his friendship. Which isn't easy, Noah has always been a bit introvert. He looks beyond the fact that people view as desirable and stays in his own little bubble, where he can rely on his ideals and not be swayed by others.

Besides his habit of being hermit. Noah is extremely overconfident, kindhearted, and heroic. On the outside while he appears distant and uncaring, it becomes very apparent that he is the exact opposite when he coolly claims that his body reacted on its own. He is very passionate when it comes to kids and kid-like beings. Even he doesn't fully understand it but he figures that it has something to do with the frailness of his kid brother.

Story
Noah was born to a petite Japanese woman named Asuka Yuu and a Romanian man named Adrian Solaris. The two of them lived a rather normal life in Japan, so Noah was born into a traditional home. For seven years the small family lived their lives contently before traveling to the US for the birth of their second child. Noah never knew the reason why he had to leave, all he knew was that his father was the main reason why they did leave.

His younger brother, Abel; was born a month or two into their move to the US. When Noah had turned ten his brother had fell into a sweltering coma, but came out of it a month later. Then it happened again when Noah turned fourteen. At first Noah wasn't too sure what was going on but over time he slowly begin to understand. His brother wasn't feeling his best and would need all the support he could get. So, he understood why his parents didn't have as much time for him as usual.

At the age of Fifteen he obtain his driver's permit but didn't really go any further than that. Noah went from being a happy-go-luck kid to becoming a sullen teen who could care less for any important matters. In the months too come this cold persona, along with his regal looks would prove attractive to the opposite sex. He was never capable of holding a job, always being fired for his inability to bring a chipper smile to the workplace.

Behind all the aloofness though, Noah has a kind heart. He visits Abel daily and usually shares stories with the comatose kid. He feels that if he talks to him he'd at least know that someone is waiting for him to wake up again. Throughout the rest of his life, Noah was practically alone, he only depended on his mother and childhood friend; Izumi. A girl in Japan that he continued to keep in touch with in America. She understands him more than anyone and he often acts his normal self when talking with her. He's now a full-time college student with little direction in his life. He helps out around his community whenever he can to lessen his burdens at home. He knows his parents stress enough over their comatose son, he wouldn't want them to stress over his life too.

Last edited:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Finally finished lol. Took me long enough eh. So just wondering, how do you plan on going about giving us our Digimon ?

Last edited:

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
That will be coming fairly soon. I'm actually looking over Bios right now and assessing who will get what Digimon. I will be PM-ing you your Digimon. :)

YellowGardevoir

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
So does that mean we're all accepted?

If it does, I'm do excited to see which Digimon I get!

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2015
Hey im a big digimon fanatic but i've never been in a RP. Would you mind if i made an SU?

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
@TurtleKing: Cool, Cool. Im super excited about getting mines though. And just a small question what kind of Digivices will we be getting ?

YellowGardevoir

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Because I don't want this thread to die while we're waiting for TurtleKing, I'll ask everyone a question.

What is your favorite Digimon?

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Hmm that's a toughie, I think my favorite Digimon is probably either Gabumon or Coronamon. Coronamon because he's sorta never seen and Gabumon because he turned into a wolf the first time I seen him digivolve lol.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Biyomon used to be my favorite but it's definitely changed to Gatomon. Gotta love a bit of a backstory.

Back